Darts

Stevie

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was never a huge fan of darts till lately. There are two divisions which most of the players either stay loyal to one side or the other. There's the BDO which is shit, but has good players, you get it on BBC sometimes, and the PDC which is screened on SKY.

The big players over the last decade and a half like Priestley and Taylor have remained loyal to the PDC where the prize money is greater. Last year the best player from the BDO Raimond van Barneveld joined the PDC, and since then I've followed it closely. The World Championship final between Barney and Taylor was one of the best sporting occasions I've ever seen, Barney was getting pissed on and came back to win 7-6. Everytime they play it's like watching Barca v Real Madrid, it's a real occasion that could go either way.

Last night they met in a Premier League Darts match in Sheffield, there was about 10,000 people there, the atmosphere was amazing, Barney went 5-1 up and was pissing it, but Taylor roared back to win 8-6, absolutely top class entertainment which you don't get in many sports. It is of course helped by Sid Waddell the geordie commentator, who was banned off the BBC for once saying "that dart is as tight as a nuns fanny". If you've never watched it give it ago on a Thursday night, it's class.

Barnie-Taylor was belting last night. Also, anyone know what song it is everyone dances to?

The actual song isn't great, but it works well with pissed up darts fans der der der der der der der der der oi oi oi der der....

It's Chase The Sun - Planet Funk

Barnie-Taylor was belting last night. Also, anyone know what song it is everyone dances to?

The actual song isn't great, but it works well with pissed up darts fans der der der der der der der der der oi oi oi der der....

It's Chase The Sun - Planet Funk

This is true, still bloody cringeworthy though. It's more the organised dance they do to it, rather than the song being played. Sadness.

Agree with Slugsy like, Sky's coverage has been refreshing. 

Phil Taylor is an arrogant wank though it must be said. Even though he's Dutch I favour Barney more than any of them. At least he's got humility.

I think he's getting a bit too cocky, actually, as well. He pretends it's other people not "giving him the respect he deserves", but he's a cunt as much as the rest of them. I remember a match this year, possibly, but last year if not, where he threatened to walk out if this "type of behaviour" was gotten rid of. Basically all that happened was that his opponent didn't get down on his knees and start licking his balls.

Guest Geordiesned

I love the dart. I was at the Premier League darts in Mackem territory last year and it was class despite being surrounded by knuckle dragging inbreds but unfortunately missed this years event at the Arena. The Toon were at home in the Waffa Cup the same night although the main reason was that I hadn't realised it was in Newcastle so missed out on a ticket. I'd have preferred to go to that than the shite that was dished up at SJP!

• 3 weeks later...

Some bloke walked in the bookies before and stuck £500 on Jenkins to beat Dennis Priestly the neet at 5/6, so I've had a more modest investment myself.  SKY Sports 3 730pm, it'll be great tonight in Glasgow the crowd will be mortal knowing them.