1,000,000th fan

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

THE one millionth fan will pass through the turnstiles at St. James' Park for the 2006/07 season in the lead-up to Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby with Middlesbrough ...

And Newcastle United will mark the achievement with a special Euro invite to one supporter.

At half-time against Boro, we will announce a 'lucky seat' amongst the home fans who have again ensured another capacity crowd.

And that person will then be asked to accompany skipper Scott Parker and receive the club's official Intertoto award from a UEFA delegation pitchside at SJP prior to Thursday's UEFA Cup Round of 16 first leg game with AZ Alkmaar.

Prior to the Boro game, a combined attendance figure of 965,453 has poured through the SJP turnstiles this season, going back to our Intertoto opener against Lillestrom back on July 15, when more than 30,000 turned up.

That total will hit seven figures this weekend and Chairman Freddy Shepherd told nufc.co.uk: "To reach the million mark for the season at our first home game in March just underlines the amazing loyalty of our supporters.

"Their passion is known right across the world, and wherever we play, be it home, away or abroad, they always back us in tremendous numbers.

"I always remember thinking that to get a crowd of 30,000 back in mid-July for an Intertoto game was great. We have two teams at Newcastle United, one on the pitch and one in the stands.

"In reaching the one million mark for the season, we'd like one of our supporters to join us in accepting the Intertoto award when it is presented picthside by UEFA.

"It is just a small token of our appreciation to our fans for their continued backing year in, year out."

A 'lucky seat' winner will be announced at half-time at SJP on Saturday and will also appear on nufc.co.uk.

Guest Bramble OG

When i read it on the main site i thought they were giving the trophy away as a price :)

you mean prize?

or do you mean selling to trophy to for transfer funds?  ;)

haha yeah i ment PRIZE - that said iam sure they would take offers for it!

Guest smoggeordie

it could be anyone! some random smoggy smuggler or a 3 year old or a gossiping old woman etc. Rubbish!

It says it'll only be a home fan

Guest justin99.

Reminds me of that simpsons episode at a baseball game where mr Burns wins a car as the lucky ticket holder.

I'm sure the lucky seat winner was Sir John Hall Stand Upper Tear Row K seat 76

Not 100% certain

73 actually. Just in front of me. Didn't seem very excited like, hardly surprising. :lol: