Glenn - Will never flog the Zog

Skirge

Its great as long as he wants to stay here, I really hope Zoggy is here longer than Roeder..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~990187,00.html

Flog Zog? No Chance Says GR

GLENN Roeder says young talent like Charles N'Zogbia represents the future of Newcastle United - and treats with "contempt" idle transfer speculation surrounding the French midfielder.

Zog made his comeback from a nasty knee injury against Wigan last Sunday, and will again play a part in Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby visit of Middlesbrough to St. James' Park.

The 20-year-old was a sparkling performer for Roeder during the back end of last term, and though injuries have hampered him during the current campaign, there's no doubt the gaffer believes the left-sided starlet will come good again soon.

And that's why he simply brushes aside rumours linking N'Zogbia with a move away from SJP.

He said: "I will treat talk of Charles going anywhere with utter contempt.

"He is the future of Newcastle United, and take it from me, he is going to be here for a very long time.

I think Zoggy's breakthrough before the arrival of Duff was maybe artificially early due to the lack of options we had, meaning dropping him seemed worse than it was. I think in the long term it won't do him too much harm to have been out of the team for a while, it happens to everyone at some point.

But Glenn's right, we should keep him at all costs.

Guest TampaToon

Thanks Roeder.

I have always been somehow worried that you don't see a future in N'Zogbia due to your purchase of Damien Duff.

duff's got 4 good years left in this game, if that....zog, if he's not overworked at this stage of his career, probably has 10 or more.

to me buying duff is a move that's made with zog's future in mind, we don't need him to be a crock at 23 because he's been starting every game in all competitions because the manager has no ability to do otherwise

I think Zog sees himself as a central midfielder, rather than a winger.

i dont think he has played well there for us but i think his strength is improving and could possibly end up playing there

I think Zog sees himself as a central midfielder, rather than a winger.

he is a originally central midfielder

doesn't mean much though does it,...what someone was as a 17yr old ?

Only ever been s*** when he's played in the centre.

Didn't he play there last season against Southampton in the FA Cup?

True, iirc he went on a weaving run that led to Dyer's goal.

Only time I remember him in the middle tbh. :)

Only ever been s*** when he's played in the centre.

Didn't he play there last season against Southampton in the FA Cup?

True, iirc he went on a weaving run that led to Dyer's goal.

Only time I remember him in the middle tbh. :)

Played in the middle against Chelsea this season when he got injured.

Also played in the middle in a 0-0 draw away at West Brom under Souness.

I hate the fact people dismiss him as shit in CM. I mean fuck me, he's only played a handful of games there.

I said he's only ever played shit there, which he has. I'm not necassarily writing him off - but he's a left winger for us and that's where he should be played.

I hate the fact people dismiss him as shit in CM. I mean fuck me, he's only played a handful of games there.

I said he's only ever played shit there, which he has.

Except that he hasn't.