Ledley King

Optimistic Nut

Taken from another forum.

Yep, King will retire prematurely.

He has a degenerative hip and knee problem and will probably last another 18 months - 2 years.

The current injury is unrelated directly and may actually prolonge his career a further 6 months or so as he has missed football since xmas and has had a sustained rest.

Spurs have been in negotiations with their insurers to see if they will be entitled to any pay off should he retire before his contract runs out (which he more than likely will).

He will be able to continue playing for next 2 years or so but much like Tony Adams did in his last years will not be able to play consecutive matches and would not be able to train the day after a game.

Sad news for Spurs and England.

If he played for anyone else but Spurs I'd feel more sympathy.

From a personal perspective for the lad it is a great shame because he has had some absolutely outstanding games and has been a model professional for Tottenham. Surely a move to a big club was on the horizon if he was able to keep fit?

It is terrible news if it's true, and I do hope that it's not, mainly for King himself.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i heard a similar rumour about joe cole. chelsea want to sell him back to west ham because he's so badly injured.

i heard a similar rumour about joe cole. chelsea want to sell him back to west ham because he's so badly injured.

i'd happily drive an injured joe cole all the way up here, one of 5 prem players i'd do anything to have in our side

Guest Morph

Care?

After some of the things I've read on that shite forum about our players, I honestly couldn't give two shits.  England have 5 or 6 better centre backs, so it's of no concern to me whatsoever.

Care?

After some of the things I've read on that shite forum about our players, I honestly couldn't give two shits.  England have 5 or 6 better centre backs, so it's of no concern to me whatsoever.

Can still feel a bit of compassion for the guy can't you?

It's no concern to me either in terms of football, but I feel for him personally -  a young lad who might be forced to give up such an amazing life/job because of injury, after having an all-too-short taste of it. All the best to Ledley.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Care?

After some of the things I've read on that s**** forum about our players, I honestly couldn't give two shits.  England have 5 or 6 better centre backs, so it's of no concern to me whatsoever.

Can still feel a bit of compassion for the guy can't you?

im pretty sure he wont have to get a job in the bakers to support his family.

Guest eyeball_tickler

id rather feel sorry for the players that played decades ago who, despite being some of the best players england have ever had, have to keep working or sell their medals.

Guest Sniffer

Tough on King as I don't want to see it happen to any player....... but it's tempered by the fact that the yids at Spurs hate us so any bad news at their club puts a smile on my face. 

mackems.gif    mackems.gif    mackems.gif

Guest kingdawson

that rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now and is absolute bullshit. some of the responses on here is quite sad actually O0

Guest kingdawson

that rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now and is absolute bullshit. some of the responses on here is quite sad actually O0

so where the responses on GG about Michael Owen being finished also  O0

when was this and what was said?

Guest Morph

so where the responses on GG about Michael Owen being finished also  O0

when was this and what was said?

f*** off.  If you don't like it, don't f****** read it.  Nobody forces you to come one here.