Shola's on the way back

sempuki

Guest Sniffer

Beats me how anybody can harp on about parker and welcome back a donkey like ameobi. I can't make my mind up who is the slowest between him and sibierski as both of them are a joke. Shows how low we set our sights at the Toon.

Guest Sniffer

Like trying to decide what's worse, breaking your arm or your leg, IMO.

It's a joke that either should play be playing for us.

Guest eyeball_tickler

I think shola has grown alot since roeder took over. He's a natural goal getter, and him and martins would be great together. Now...how do we sort out his first touch

he's really not.

I think shola has grown alot since roeder took over. He's a natural goal getter, and him and martins would be great together. Now...how do we sort out his first touch

he's really not.

because shearer took all the credit. But he's scored about 14ish times since roeder took over

Guest eyeball_tickler

he's really not.

because shearer took all the credit. But he's scored about 14ish times since roeder took over

sibierski has 8 and he's had no penalties.

Like trying to decide what's worse, breaking your arm or your leg, IMO.

It's a joke that either should play be playing for us.

We have:

Owen

Martins

Dyer

Shola

Le sib

Carroll

Not to mention Milner, Duff, Zoggy and Emre who can play up top if needed too. 

Bloody good strike force, once Owen and Shola are back fit again.

Shola's not as bad as some make out, he's got a goal every other game under Glenn. Not bad for a 4th choice striker at all. In easier cup or Euro games it will allow us to take off and rest the Owen's and Dyers from time to time.

Guest ticaL

Ameobi was a major factor in our resurgence under Roeder at the end of last season.

Can't dispute his goals helped us, when Shearer was injured.

Still not good enough to hold the front line like.

Ameobi was a major factor in our resurgence under Roeder at the end of last season.

Can't dispute his goals helped us, when Shearer was injured.

Still not good enough to hold the front line like.

Very true Shola scored more than any other player to get us from 15th to 7th, his best ever spell for us.

Guest TampaToon

shola's got one of the better strike rates in the league under roeder, IIRC, so i'm happy to hear it....also curious to see how his movement has improved now that he's supposedly pain-free

i also like that he generally shows up against lesser competition, which has been a real problem for this side this season. i think roeder will lean on him quite a bit when he thinks there's a chance to physically dominate a particular CB tandem, he's shown he can throw his weight around a bit under roeder

People complain about the fans being fickle, the only thing I see with this "good under Roeder" is pure fickleness and I don't buy it. We will see the old Shola, the one that contributes nothing in open play and doesn't get enough goals.

Guest ticaL

People complain about the fans being fickle, the only thing I see with this "good under Roeder" is pure fickleness and I don't buy it. We will see the old Shola, the one that contributes nothing in open play and doesn't get enough goals.

Yeah, but the people saying this weren't exactly taking a shit on his face prior to Roeder's reign.