Not been a good season, but we are still only 6 points off 6th

stozo

If we had won at wigan and today we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

I was very optimistic for the next few fixtures....ho hum..

In the last 2 matches we didnt play well and i hope we turn things the other way in the next games because if we continue to play like this we are not going to be in the top 10 or even worse

Not bad if you ask me and it leaves us with a real chance of qualifying for Europe, even with us playing shit.

Glad you appreciate that.

I'm getting to the point where (beyond the financial concerns) I couldn't give a shit about sneaking into Europe. All I want is some decent football to give me some optimism for the future, rather than the life sapping dross we have to put up with under the current setup.

Not bad if you ask me and it leaves us with a real chance of qualifying for Europe, even with us playing s***.

I'm getting to the point where (beyond the financial concerns) I couldn't give a s*** about sneaking into Europe. All I want is some decent football to give me some optimism for the future, rather than the life sapping dross we have to put up with under the current setup.

Exactly.  We sneak into a UEFA Cup slot and, then, what?  Another season like this one, that's what.  Hooray!

I just don't believe in the team like I used to.  I don't think we're going anywhere.

Guest Micktoon

Not bad if you ask me and it leaves us with a real chance of qualifying for Europe, even with us playing s***.

I'm getting to the point where (beyond the financial concerns) I couldn't give a s*** about sneaking into Europe. All I want is some decent football to give me some optimism for the future, rather than the life sapping dross we have to put up with under the current setup.

Totally agree, don't think i was this bored under souness(probobaly was but blanked it out).  Most of the football we've produced this year is drivel and an insult to the amount of cash your average supporter shells out. Start of March and I've lost interest in this season already.

Bored, bored, bored

I agree, bollocks to the rest of the domestic season. We'll not get relegated and we'll not get into Europe. As long as Roeder is in charge we'll never have a set way of playing, the team will just go out hoping, rather than believing. A lot of games we have won have been by luck. We always seem to do everything the hard way, and have zero variation in our game.

It's all friggin win one, lose one, win one, lose one. We haven't got a particularly good team, and there's not many that will develop into good players. We're not on the brink of somehow resurging up the table like we did under Bobby, yet we're not going down either. Which means Roeder will still get credit for doing a 'solid job' and him and the chairman will play off that so he stays in charge, rather than perhaps taking a risk and looking to develop.

Until Roeder goes i'm afraid we will be in the same position in a few years, by which time everyone around us will have progressed, i.e the Villa's Everton's etc. And it will a considerably tougher job for his successor to take us back to where we want to be.

But the most depressing thing for me is, we're stuck with Roeder, when someone says 'well who is there better available?' I can't think of anyone. IMO we're in a bit of a hole and for now we're stuck in it and there not much we can do to get out.

I agree, bollocks to the rest of the domestic season. We'll not get relegated and we'll not get into Europe. As long as Roeder is in charge we'll never have a set way of playing, the team will just go out hoping, rather than believing. A lot of games we have won have been by luck. We always seem to do everything the hard way, and have zero variation in our game.

It's all friggin win one, lose one, win one, lose one. We haven't got a particularly good team, and there's not many that will develop into good players. We're not on the brink of somehow resurging up the table like we did under Bobby, yet we're not going down either. Which means Roeder will still get credit for doing a 'solid job' and him and the chairman will play off that so he stays in charge, rather than perhaps taking a risk and looking to develop.

Until Roeder goes i'm afraid we will be in the same position in a few years, by which time everyone around us will have progressed, i.e the Villa's Everton's etc. And it will a considerably tougher job for his successor to take us back to where we want to be.

But the most depressing thing for me is, we're stuck with Roeder, when someone says 'well who is there better available?' I can't think of anyone. IMO we're in a bit of a hole and for now we're stuck in it and there not much we can do to get out.

Class post,fully agree with it

I always said Roeder handles this club as if we are a mid table clubs just aiming a mid table place in the league,he has no real ambition,it shows by the way he manages the team during games and how often he is satsfied with a draw rather then going for the win,With roeder we will always be a mid table team,what we need is a manager who aims to get the club to the highest possible postion,and is willing to take a risk or two in order for the team to go to the postion

Guest eyeball_tickler

i dont want us to get into europe. i'd rather we have a season where we can focus on the basics and build a squad without having to worry about pointless matches against shit teams from the 4 corners of europe. sod the revenue for a season, just get it right on the pitch before we try to take on europe.

Roeder isn't the problem, he's just a symptom.

if we  have a symptom i hope shepherd has the cure  ;)

if we  have a symptom i hope shepherd has the cure  ;)

A bullet to the head?

Come on then Stozo. Argue against all this defeatist crap your post has invoked.

Shepherd must be thrilled - at least TWO Season Tickets he's sure of selling....

Sadly you are probably right, but God damn, sarcasms a bitch on t'internet.  :)

Guest Ridzuan

When the teams above us start winning their game and us dropping points,we will be talking about a different story all together.

agree with pretty much everything that's been said here

at the final whistle yesterday my comment was simply "i just want this season to end", and i do...

problem is the next one is gonna be the same!!

Without the distraction of European football.

The club needs fresh blood and fresh ideas from top to bottom, somebody needs to go right through the lot of them and get rid of the drift wood, we've got plenty of that.