Premiership's most overrated player

Guest BooBoo

Guest king harry

Hadn't Sissoko just had a long spell out?  I've never seen him play that much, but I thought this was his first game in like 3 months.  I could understand if he's rusty.  Stupid of Rafa to start him with Gerrard on the right when he could have played Pennant instead.

I agree that Lampard is the most overrated.  Cracking shooter, little else.

it was his 4th game back

My vote goes to Liverpool's Missomo Sissoko. Todays game showed just how out of his depth he can look at times.

Absolute spot on.  When I read the title, I thought to myself, Sissoko is pure kenk, new Vieira my arse.  I would put Jenas down as well, but I think everyones grasped the reality that he's shite now, and also Michael Dawson, but Sissoko is the most overrated.

Every time he gets the ball you think, I bet this fucka is going to lose it, and invariably he does.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Fabregas, good but not nowhere near as great as people make him out to be.

+1

He's only rated because he's playing for the Southern based media darlings.

Liked his efforts yesterday like!

The final countdown...

3) Ryan Giggs.

Not saying he's bad (he's not, he's good) but he's been made out to be some sort of living legend over the past couple of days but to me he's not been that great for a long, long time. He's not played like Krustiano Ronaldo has this season for more than 10 years and the defining "magic" moment was getting onto 8 years ago now and in the mean time he's not been owt special(Even getting booed off at the Swamp on a regular basis a few years back). Good player who plays for a great team for a long time does not a great player make.

2) Wayne Rooney

Not scored in the champions league since September 28, 2004. Goal tally this season totally shown up by the far more effective Ronaldo. Nice skills, can be spectacular but is far too quiet far too often for a player of such reputation.

1) Nemanja Vidic

Great (I mean, great) in the air but once the ball drops below head height? SHITE. Especially when dragged out wide left into the space behind Evra. Totally exposed time and time again by Bellamy yesterday, jammy cunt got away with this time (Unlike when exposed by Ireland in the derby for Trabelsi to score or by Sheringham for Reo-Coker)

Special non-bitter - non-Manure award goes to:

Tim Cahill. I don't know why they don't just play him upfront. Shite midfielder in almost every way - cant pass, cant tackle, is a bit of a cunt, but he can make a run, jump really high and can head a ball - so he's a star? Sums up the overly TV/Highlight based nature of the modern game when such a limited player can do so well for himself just on the basis of nicking the odd goal. Glad Arteta is starting to score a load too cos he's a miles better player and deserves a lot more kudos.

My vote goes to Liverpool's Missomo Sissoko. Todays game showed just how out of his depth he can look at times.

Absolute spot on.  When I read the title, I thought to myself, Sissoko is pure kenk, new Vieira my arse.  I would put Jenas down as well, but I think everyones grasped the reality that he's s**** now, and also Michael Dawson, but Sissoko is the most overrated.

Every time he gets the ball you think, I bet this fucka is going to lose it, and invariably he does.

Absolute not spot on.... i have pool mate... that tell me mostly pool fans doesn't think he is new vieira... he is ball winner i.e. gattuso... if u see pool playing system, their midfield is well-balanced... gerard = attack midfield, alonso = deep laying playmaker, sissoko = ball winner mid field...

The new Viera is Abou Diaby of Arsenal.

However I don't think Sissoko is overrated. He is a destroyer a very effective destroyer. Just look at him against Barcelona.

Even in the game yesterday, Liverpool dominated the midfield. And the central midfield partnership is Alonso + Sissoko.

I would say Michael Carrick is more overrated than Sissoko.

Nice skills, can be spectacular but is far too quiet far too often for a player of such reputation.

I agree with that. Far too many people have been fooled by the hype.

Carrick is one of the most overrated I've seen.

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

But now, Lampard would have to be up there, without doubt.  Jenas isn't really overrated, to be honest, people do think of him as an average player on the whole, and getting in the England squad doesn't mean he's rated, just that we don't have as good as team as we pretend we do.

Guest nyscooby

Rooney, scored a decent goal at everton once, down hill since, will go same way as Elvis, get fat, die in on the toilet

Lampard, gets by on his looks and chelsea appeal

Ballack, was the BL greatest diver

S Parker, wouldnt get past the first round on football X-factor

Shev, lost it

Dyer, sick bench premadonna

Gerrard, one trick pony

Beckham, one trick pony (even though not a prem player), looking forward to his probable acting career though!! :-)

And by a long shot, Shearer in his 30+ years.

Easy, Aaron Lennon. He's flash and catches the eye with his pace and control, BUT, his passing is below average along with his crossing and shooting. AND he has a poor footballing brain. What makes him better than Young, Milner, and Bentley? Bugger all in my opinion, yet he's hyped up beyond belief.

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

But now, Lampard would have to be up there, without doubt.  Jenas isn't really overrated, to be honest, people do think of him as an average player on the whole, and getting in the England squad doesn't mean he's rated, just that we don't have as good as team as we pretend we do.

Aye, makes me laugh when people say Owen is a world class player. He is a world class finisher I will give him that but if one good asset made you world class there would be a hell of a lot of world class players in the world!

Guest brewer

Sissoko and Alonso - both overrated, one can't pass and is a decent tackler, one can't tackle and is a decent passer, between them they'd make one decent midfielder.

Micah Richards typically English, built like a shithouse so assumed to be superb, same for Kevin Nolan and Rooney to an extent.

Lampard in the media.

Gabriel Heinze as a left back.

Given.