Roeder - simply not good enough?

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He really is an average manager, not good enough at all.

BUT, I do think he's done a decent job to recover some of the Souness mess. Although his legacy still lives on with some of his signings, we're better than we were under him.

Agree on the boring count though, I don't know how he can inspire anything in the dressing room. A 2 minute interview bores the bollocks off me. Infact, based on performances on the pitch he doesn't inspire them at all.

Proving how out of his depth he really is in the last few of games.

In fact I detest the useless boring c*** and would like him to f*** right off from NUFC now.

Completely agree. Gormless Glen is way ,way ,way out of his depth. Today we kept hoisting high balls up to 2 midgets and when Sibs came on we mainly played through the middle. Roeder does not know his a**e from a hole in the ground. I have gone many times as to his lack of strengths and he has now added being utterly boring to his list of inabilities.

Proving how out of his depth he really is in the last few of games.

In fact I detest the useless boring c*** and would like him to f*** right off from NUFC now.

Completely agree. Gormless Glen is way ,way ,way out of his depth. Today we kept hoisting high balls up to 2 midgets and when Sibs came on we mainly played through the middle. Roeder does not know his a**e from a hole in the ground. I have gone many times as to his lack of strengths and he has now added being utterly boring to his list of inabilities.

unfotunatly thats not just poor tactics but the players not having a clue either.

BUT, I do think he's done a decent job to recover some of the Souness mess. Although his legacy still lives on with some of his signings, we're better than we were under him.

Most managers would have recovered the mess Souness made, because all that needed to be done was playing players in their real positions and playing a basic 4-4-2.

Most managers would have recovered the mess Souness made, because all that needed to be done was playing players in their real positions and playing a basic 4-4-2.

aye whatever,real positions like keegan playing howey up front and keeping venison at right back and rob lee wide right ?????

Theres been no improvement in the drilling or organisation of the side, no movement installed into the players. Hes shit in the transfer market, so its not as though hes going to be a good squad builder to compensate, and his tactics, team selections and use of substitutions when it comes to match days have been piss poor on many an occassion, whereas theyve been OK when "decisions" have been forced onto him. He clearly has no motivational skills, apart from the games against the big boys weve looked absolutely dreadful against everyone else - the Fulhams, the Birminghams, the Zulte Waregems. So what exactly is he supposed to be doing at the club? Hes doing nothing we require from a manager in order to take us back up to being top 6 as a minimum.

He really is an average manager, not good enough at all.

Agree on the boring count though, I don't know how he can inspire anything in the dressing room. A 2 minute interview bores the bollocks off me. Infact, based on performances on the pitch he doesn't inspire them at all.

I would agree that he did a not too bad job last season, we should have said thanks, now get back to working with the  kids.

I can't see the point in sacking him, we'll just end up with another mistake unless somebody comes knocking on our door like Sir Bobby.

Spot on. Sacking him would achieve nothing in the long term, perhaps nothing in the short term either given the possible realistic replacements.

Those with a brain knew he was not the answer before he was appointed full-time - NUFC fans are too easily satisfied and put up with anything the Club dishes out to them.

The Chairman wanted Roeder because he would fit in with his plans - nothing else.

No point in sacking him until season is over at the earliest - even then, it will be very hard to find a quality replacement - the Chairman's reputation goes before him.....

Unless a boycott forces Shepherd out(as likely as me winning the Lottery, and I don't buy a ticket.!)

only a takeover will change anything.

The club is in a real mess now, and next season will not be much better - AND the Mackems are coming up.... Roeder or Keane - which will it be !!???

Guest Ridzuan

Sack him and hire another manager.Then sack the new manager and hire a new one? This is happening to frequently for us already and we should stop it or else,we are going nowhere although I agree that Glenn is not the type of manager that we need.

off topic but any reason for the complete pointless dig at toon ultras?? wahts the problem with them they are trying to make games more bareable by actually making a noise. singing and having fun unlike you sad fukers who jus sit and complain..

oh and i picked sack at end of season no point doing it now as no one will join until summer anyway. although short tem it might be good now as we would get "that" good run clubs get after a manager is gone

As much as I dislike him and have always said he wasn't the man for us it would be foolish to sack him now, it would have a negative influence on everybody. So long as we stay out of relegation because that's all I can see us doing this season I'll be happy until next summer if we get a new Manager, hopefully not Shearer!, he needs to prove himself first in the lower leagues.

pointless argument, we've got him for another season minimum

can't anyone see the parallells with robson when he came...he'll stabilise things for a few seasons before anything changes, only difference is robson had it within him to take the next step and get us challenging for europe - i don't believe roedebot has this quality to do that

i also hope we don't just dispense with roedebot in the manner we did with robson - the club is crying out for a director of football to oversee things at the club, and for me he's be a good candidate