Mad Dog Jonny Adair

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

caught the serialisation in the NOTW today about the many times he survived assassination attempts, the thought struck me at how cowardly the attempts were in their nature:-

a bullet to the head during a concert fired at point blank from behind him

a bomb in a fish shop below one of the UDA offices probable set for daytime detonation, exploded when being set, killing 2 kids and 7 women

an AK47 attack on him in a parked car, gunmen (an ex-Legionairre FFS) started firing 100yards away, and didn't even close in to finish the job, screamed off in a car saying 'where's your jonny adair now'

an undercover soldier shoots him outside his house deniable operator tactics used - if assassination successful claim self defence, if failed, deny knowledge of operator

an attempt to ambush him coming in/out of his front door from an opposite (blind OAP's) neighbour's house upstairs window with AK47's

a direct armed assault on his front door botched as they got the wrong door and shot his neighbour mistaking him for adair

a pipe bomb thrown onto his lawn in the middle of the night, thrown by a former accomplice, could have been just a warning

a flash bomb thrown onto his car bonnett, the time delay needed for the bombers to speed off gave adair time to escape the blast

I can't help thinking that, for all the glamourisation of terrorists, armed villains and football hooligans in recent books/TV shows etc, that if any of them had any real balls, a lot of these conflict wouldn't last very long. Same goes for a few gangland hits I've heard about in the Toon and up here in Edingburgh.

yours lovingly, Mr Anonymous  :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

He sowed the seeds, he can reap the whirlwind as far as I'm concerned, the bloke's scum of the highest order, I'd shed no tears for him if he got his.

not quite the point I was making... the 'whirlind' as you put it was riddled with incompetence and characterised by cowardice, was my point

on shedding tears, it's not as if his book is titled 'poor me I've been shot at 10 times' is it?

He sowed the seeds, he can reap the whirlwind as far as I'm concerned, the bloke's scum of the highest order, I'd shed no tears for him if he got his.

not quite the point I was making... the 'whirlind' as you put it was riddled with incompetence and characterised by cowardice, was my point

on shedding tears, it's not as if his book is titled 'poor me I've been shot at 10 times' is it?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that he's spent his entire life doing exactly the same thing, that's what I was getting at.

Personally, I would want to give scum like him money, so I wouldn't buy, or even read, his book. If the families of his victims sued him for all the money he's made from it I'd be delighted.

Guest Invicta_Toon

You seem to be ignoring the fact that he's spent his entire life doing exactly the same thing, that's what I was getting at.

Personally, I would want to give scum like him money, so I wouldn't buy, or even read, his book. If the families of his victims sued him for all the money he's made from it I'd be delighted.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm only making one point, not getting into the whole issue. I haven't bought the book, I merely read the NOTW serialisation which just covered those attempts. I have no idea whether his methods were equally cowardly or not, so I have nothing to compare.

In regards to his victims, he would still be serving life now had it not been for the prisoner release agreements bartered to appease Gerry Adams, who incidentally carried the coffin of the man who bombed the afformentioned fish shop killing innocent civilians...

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm only making one point, not getting into the whole issue. I haven't bought the book, I merely read the NOTW serialisation which just covered those attempts. I have no idea whether his methods were equally cowardly or not, so I have nothing to compare.

In regards to his victims, he would still be serving life now had it not been for the prisoner release agreements bartered to appease Gerry Adams, who incidentally carried the coffin of the man who bombed the afformentioned fish shop killing innocent civilians...

Do you think he's given the NOTW the serialisation for free, then?

As for the cowardly nature of terrorism, well that's hardly a new concept, is it.  :tongue:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Do you think he's given the NOTW the serialisation for free, then?

As for the cowardly nature of terrorism, well that's hardly a new concept, is it.  :tongue:

So I post a comment on events described in a book serialised in a paper bought without prior knowledge of the serialisation, and suddenly i'm supporting terrorism...

I know you'd love to go off on one here, but read the OP, I was intentionally very carefull about explicitly not endorsing terrorism.

As for you glib dismissal of the point of the post, I would have thought soo too, but judging by the sales of the afformentioned genre of books, it would appear it is a concept not many have extrapolated, given the 'hardman' status attributed to many of these characters, hence the reason for the post, so naff off :tongue:

So I post a comment on events described in a book serialised in a paper bought without prior knowledge of the serialisation, and suddenly i'm supporting terrorism...

I know you'd love to go off on one here, but read the OP, I was intentionally very carefull about explicitly not endorsing terrorism.

As for you glib dismissal of the point of the post, I would have thought soo too, but judging by the sales of the afformentioned genre of books, it would appear it is a concept not many have extrapolated, given the 'hardman' status attributed to many of these characters, hence the reason for the post, so naff off :tongue:

I reckon you'd love me to go off on one here, to be honest. ;)

I noticed how careful you were actually:

I can't help thinking that, for all the glamourisation of terrorists, armed villains and football hooligans in recent books/TV shows etc, that if any of them had any real balls, a lot of these conflict wouldn't last very long. Same goes for a few gangland hits I've heard about in the Toon and up here in Edingburgh.

Not really much to disagree with there, is there. Someone would need to deliberately slightly misinterpret what you were saying to get any kind of debate going, wouldn't they? Unless they were prepared to go to the lengths of pure unadulterated WUMery, of course. ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

Must just be in the jock NOTW as I can't find it.

AYE

Actually I had considered it might not appear down there, then dismissed it. Might be due to the fact he now lives in Ayreshire

Guest Invicta_Toon

so what you are saying is, you wish more terrorists were like those brave suicide bombers?

???

no.

That's 50cent's book.

AYE

Actually I had considered it might not appear down there, then dismissed it. Might be due to the fact he now lives in Ayreshire

Bet he doesn't get to Parkhead much.

AYE

Bet he doesn't get to Parkhead much.

:lol:

Probably not as much as the murdering ira scum that actually sit in parliament these days.

or the murdering loyalist scum who also hold such positions, and bigotted wanks like The Revd. and Rt Hon ;D* Iain  "I will hold a rally" Pailsey, at Ibrox.

* HONOURABLE  ;D

I'm catholic, I don't give a fuck about politics in Northern Ireland or The Republic of Ireland, Ulster is a drain on our resources, they have fuck all, the produce fuck all, fuck them off I reckon.  I take it you're not from Newcastle?  People here really don't give a fuck, it amuses me how much people in Scotland involve themselves in pathetic sectarian squabbles.

However, you can't accuse one side of being murdering bastards, and not the other.  We've been persecuting the poor cunts for hundreds of years, people like some of my perdecessors, they fought back, but fought back like cunts.  Both are as bad as each other, it surprises me that any toon fan would get embroiled in this.

I'm catholic, I don't give a fuck about politics in Northern Ireland or The Republic of Ireland, Ulster is a drain on our resources, they have fuck all, the produce fuck all, fuck them off I reckon.  I take it you're not from Newcastle?  People here really don't give a fuck, it amuses me how much people in Scotland involve themselves in pathetic sectarian squabbles.

However, you can't accuse one side of being murdering bastards, and not the other.  We've been persecuting the poor cunts for hundreds of years, people like some of my perdecessors, they fought back, but fought back like cunts.  Both are as bad as each other, it surprises me that any toon fan would get embroiled in this.

Agreed Stevie, I've always found the whole thing very sad and pathetic. It's the main reason I despise both sides of the Old Firm, their fans (probably a minority, but a significant one I think) get so wound up with sectarian nonsense, like Rangers fans all making the symbol of the Ulster hand a couple of weeks ago against Tel Aviv and getting UEFA fines for singing Loyalist songs, while Celtic got in trouble a few year ago for singing IRA songs during a September 11th minute's silence, daft wankers. Can't stand either side, bunch of bigoted twats. We've got some knobs follow us, every club has, but moreso up there and for stupider reasons.

When I went to Arsenal on the first day of last season, I was sat a couple of rows behind this knob on the coach with a Loyalist tattoo (might have been the hand, can't remember). Anyway halfway down, someone mentions Celtic, and this bloke (who goes to all the away games) says something moronic about hating "fenians" and gets talking to this daft charv next to him about this sad fucking stupid tattoo. Swear to God, from then on, all the way to fucking Highbury and near enough the entire journey back, this bloke and his daft hangers-on at the front were ranting and singing about Celtic and how much they hate Catholics and the Pope and Bobby Sands and all this boring shite, I lost the will to live after about 2 minutes of it. Like you, I was amazed about how anyone from Newcastle, supporting Newcastle, could give a shite for one side or the other, proper sad bunch of wankers.

Still it ended quite amusingly, the charva produced some cocaine from somewhere or other and snorted it in front of this bloke, who apparently hated drug taking as much as he hated Fenians, and had just as much to say about it. It all kicked off and if the journey had been much longer, they'd probably have killed each other. I was desperate to get back to Newcastle and get myself away from the unfortunate dregs that the Toon's away support has to offer but I'd have happily extended the journey to see that happen.

When I went to Arsenal on the first day of last season, I was sat a couple of rows behind this knob on the coach with a Loyalist tattoo (might have been the hand, can't remember). Anyway halfway down, someone mentions Celtic, and this bloke (who goes to all the away games) says something moronic about hating "fenians" and gets talking to this daft charv next to him about this sad fucking stupid tattoo. Swear to God, from then on, all the way to fucking Highbury and near enough the entire journey back, this bloke and his daft hangers-on at the front were ranting and singing about Celtic and how much they hate Catholics and the Pope and Bobby Sands and all this boring shite, I lost the will to live after about 2 minutes of it. Like you, I was amazed about how anyone from Newcastle, supporting Newcastle, could give a shite for one side or the other, proper sad bunch of wankers.

Still it ended quite amusingly, the charva produced some cocaine from somewhere or other and snorted it in front of this bloke, who apparently hated drug taking as much as he hated Fenians, and had just as much to say about it. It all kicked off and if the journey had been much longer, they'd probably have killed each other. I was desperate to get back to Newcastle and get myself away from the unfortunate dregs that the Toon's away support has to offer but I'd have happily extended the journey to see that happen.

Did the tattooed bloke air his thoughts on the various Loyalist organisations in Northern Ireland who're some of the biggest pushers around? :D

100% spot on Stevie.

The fact that some of the sad cunts (on both sides) are still continuing the "fight", even after the majority of the people they claim to be fighting for have moved on and are getting on with the rest of their lives, proves beyond all doubt that for most of them it's much more about playing at being soldiers, rather than anything genuine.