Are we bending over backwards against Scott Parker

oldtype

Worked well under Souness?!

As a DCM, case closed. Move him back there and he'll work well again.

I'd agree with that, he's the long term option for that position IMO. A good coach should be able to turn him into a permanent DCM easily, it's a shame we don't have one. I find all this criticism of Parker a bit strange to be honest, he seems to be public enemy number 1 on here.

Haven't noticed much criticism from NE5 toward Parka, tbh. I think only a few have never rated him, myself and CG are two for example.

Sorry about that then, NE5. Should have said "Leazes", got mixed-up.

Haven't noticed much criticism from NE5 toward Parka, tbh. I think only a few have never rated him, myself and CG are two for example.

:laugh:

Seriously, what is so funny here? Is this some sort of joke that is flying over my noggin?!

Seriously, what is so funny here? Is this some sort of joke that is flying over my noggin?!

Leazes and NE5 are the same person, always have been. Everyone knows it, it's plainly obvious, but Leazes denies it absolutely. He'll be well happy to see your posts on the matter. :lol:

Fair enough then.

Wullie, did you think Parker could have done anything else from the penalty?

Not in the slightest, did brilliantly to get what he did on the tackle, just unfortunate it ended up where it did.

Fair enough then.

Not in the slightest, did brilliantly to get what he did on the tackle, just unfortunate it ended up where it did.

Aye, cheers mate. It's nice to get a straight answer from someone about it, as it's been doing my nut since last night.

Fair enough then.

Aye, cheers mate. It's nice to get a straight answer from someone about it, as it's been doing my nut since last night.

Have a look at this: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=37077.msg734146#msg734146

That's the reason the penalty went in, despite Parker's best efforts.

Aye, Dave, that illustrates things a bit better. The cunts at the match blamed him 100%, I couldn't believe my ears. Probably just thick buggers like, who don't have a clue about the game. Shouldn't let them wind me up so much. Seemed to me the type who have heard some fans saying they don't rate Parker (which is fair enough in every way) and then hopped mercilessly on the bandwagon. Must be hard when Shola has been out for so long.

They were funny when they kept shouting "put him in the Paddock", though, whenever a player had it out wide for them. So fair play for that.

Worked well under Souness?!

As a DCM, case closed. Move him back there and he'll work well again.

At the expense of the team, given the likelyhood that Roeder will stay with the 442 system especially with a prospective Martins-Owen strikepartnership looming on the horizon, if he's given the same or similar role as enjoyed under Souness where he basically patrolled the defensive half - sideline to sideline - and never ventured forward, but most importantly rarely taking up position in the flat bed of four across the midfield line in the opposition half. Souness funnelled Parker's energy reserves into that role, but it came at a great cost to the midfield's overall structure and functionality. It congested the midfield line, all too often a loose defensive midfielder was created for the opposition, and we were unable to spread the play when going forward hence we played narrow football as a result. Even worse the midfield was rarely able to maintain possession in the engineroom beyond the centre circle - we were repeatedly killed by that loose opposition midfielder i speak of.

The team's structure, functionality & effectiveness shouldn't be compromised just so that he can "work well again" as you say, namely in the aforementioned hacker-type capacity as was previously the case during Shithead's reign.

Parker can bugger off if he doesn't have the attributes/ability, and most importantly the quick thinking 'football brain' needed in order to be a solid/very good defensive & attack balanced 4-4-2 central midfielder alas Speed and Lee respectively.