Tevez

tmonkey

If we're looking to sign a forward for big money, which might be the case considering the rumoured Torres/Huntelaar interest, this guy needs to be our number one priority.

He started slowly for West Ham, showed flashes of brilliance in his earlier games for them but was quiet for long periods of a game, but since returning to the side recently, hes looked an absolute class act.

Today against Spurs in a s*** West Ham team surrounded by donkeys, he ran the show, and for me I can see him being the perfect partner for either of Martins or Owen as well as developing into one of the best forwards in this country. Both Martins and Owen can struggle in their general play at times, one can be inconsistent whilst the other invisible, whilst we badly need someone to pull the strings for us further up the pitch as weve never truly replaced Beardo, with Dyer simply not being a forward in any sense - Tevez is the answer to all these problems. Everything he does oozes ability and class, hes intelligent and creative on the ball, and his linkup play is bang on consistent and top draw. He can be the presence for us up front that the team works around, whilst Owen and/or Martins can concentrate on goals.

Its a shame that hes basically showing everyone how good he is because if this form continues hell be off to Chelsea or someone as big pretty quickly, whereas a few months ago he would have been considered a flop. If he was interested in coming to us several years ago when we made inquiries, maybe he'll still feel that way.

In terms of whether we need him or not, providing we bring in a left back and centreback, a top draw forward to cover for Owen's injury proneness, as well as cover for the possibility of one of Owen/Martins departing, would be ideal for us.

Weve also seen that we have major problems with regards to creativity. We rely heavily on technical players like Emre, Nobby and Dyer to provide that for us, and they are indeed key and good players for us, but none of them are truly creative on a consistent basis. Tevez creates chances out of nothing, and its something we dont have and could certainly do with.

You can have too many top forwards at a football club. We will hvae Owen and Martins next season. Add Sibers, Ameobi and Dyer (depending where you prefer him) to that list and your talking 5 strikers.

If we signed Tevez then Owen or Martins would go, maybe not straight away but they would go. I'd prefer it if we resigned someone like Lua Lua who offers something different or a taller striker to give an ariel threat.

Most importantly we should not be concentrating on strikers. We need a left back and centre mid first.

You say you can have too many top forwards at a club then mention Sibierski and Ameobi.. If Spurs can handle 4 quality strikers im sure we can.

Well in that case we need to ship out them two if we are going to sign Tevez. I don't think Roeder has that much transfer nouse tbh.

Add the fact that hes a "bad boy" and i doubt it will happen.

Spurs have berbatov who is class. Keane is very good and defoe is decent but neither are anywhere near Martins or Owen tbf.

He is decent,but i see him as more of a supporting striker then a main striker,he can't cause problems that for sure,but his finishing is average,i don't think he will be a hit here,we should look for more clinical strikers who can score for fun,we already have a fantastic player in Martins,and Owen is coming back soon,what we need now is a target man,a guy who is great in the air and score with both head and feet..

Why on earth do we need to sign a centre mid-fielder ?

we've got butt parker emre charlie ( can play there ) dyer.

roeder trys to accomodate too many of them and its not working.

i think that either parker or emre will leave at the end of the season anyway.

Why on earth do we need to sign a centre mid-fielder ?

we've got butt parker emre charlie ( can play there ) dyer.

roeder trys to accomodate too many of them and its not working.

i think that either parker or emre will leave at the end of the season anyway.

One of them's a thirty-something on his last legs.

One of them should really just be playing up front.

One of them should really just be playing on the wings.

One of them has already been buried six feet under by the mudslinging media, and is probably on his way out the door.

And one of them's Scott Parker, who is apparently the second coming of Satan.

...And Tevez isn't a centre midfielder.

Would love Tevez here!

I belive he will go cheap as well if/when West Ham are relegated! Plus it is not impossible that Roeder would want im either, because when West Ham bought him he said that he had asked Corinithians if it would be possible to buy him, but they told him no chance. Dont know if he is still interested though, i think he wants a big striker like Ashton, Huntelaar or Crouch.

Jamie: You are probably mixing him with Javier Mascherano, he is a centre mid-fielder and was bought together with Tevez.

Add the fact that hes a "bad boy" and i doubt it will happen.

I don't think Glenn cares much about that. He wants Anton Ferdinand you know. And he is a ''bad boy'' as well.

Tevez is a master chess player playing in a side of draught players.

To be fair, he would be for us as well. His ridiculous quality would only be apparent if he went to a Man Utd or Arsenal IMO.

Absolutely world class though.

Hope he goes to Spain, that's best place for his abilities. Hope he goes to Barca, it would be magical.

Just think about Argentina.. They got players like Messi, Tevez and Aguero coming up.. 2010 they will be unstoppable.

Guest prestonj1989

I would rather just get ASHTON as he offers an aerial threat, has good feet and can score all types of goals. He would link up alot better with Owen and Martins than Tevez would.

I'd love to sign Tevez and convert him to a CM, tbh.

Alongside a proper defensive midfielder playing just behind Martins and Owen we could see something quite special imo. With a player of his ability behind two players with their finishing ability we wouldn't need a tall striker, saying that neither are especially bad in the air for different reasons (ie Owen's positioning and Martins leap).

I would rather just get ASHTON as he offers an aerial threat, has good feet and can score all types of goals. He would link up alot better with Owen and Martins than Tevez would.

I'm a massive fan of Ashton and think he would complement Owen & Martins well. That said, the signing of Tevez (not that it would ever happen) would be amazing.

His link up play would change the whole dimension of the side as he could collect balls from Bramble, Gooch, Parker, Butt et al meaning we would be able to stop this shite loafing of the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

We developed this 'Wimbledon' style of play to work to Shearers strengths IMO and, in his heyday it worked well, but now without a Talisman who can win headers, hold the ball up and win free kicks its a total waste of time and makes us ineffective.

Tevez would give us the option of playing football which, for once, would be bloody lovely.

His link up play would change the whole dimension of the side as he could collect balls from Bramble, Gooch, Parker, Butt et al meaning we would be able to stop this shite loafing of the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

This is why I'd love him here, especially if we have to get rid of Emre.

I'd love to sign Tevez and convert him to a CM, tbh.

Alongside a proper defensive midfielder playing just behind Martins and Owen we could see something quite special imo. With a player of his ability behind two players with their finishing ability we wouldn't need a tall striker, saying that neither are especially bad in the air for different reasons (ie Owen's positioning and Martins leap).

Owen is the best in the air out of all our strikers imo, regardless of his height. He's absolutely mint.