Form is temporary CLASS is forever - Roeder says

Guest SLK

Glenn Roeder has rubbished suggestions Damien Duff could be on his way out of Newcastle.

The Republic of Ireland winger has struggled to recapture at Newcastle the form he showed at Blackburn and for spells too at Chelsea.

Roeder paid The Blues £5million to land Duff last summer and is confident the player will soon prove his worth at St James' Park.

However the boss does admits the club's supporters may have to exercise a little patience.

"He has swapped life in London for life in Northumberland. He's on his own for long periods as his girlfriend has just qualified as a GP in Dublin," said Roeder.

"We have to be patient. With his attitude and personality, what he achieved at Blackburn will come flooding back.

"It's ridiculous to suggest he could move on. Class is forever - and that's what he's got. It's up to us and him to squeeze that out of him."

What about Luque you idiot !!! He had NO class when he came here ??? and it's NOT up to you do get the best out of him ???

Guest smoggeordie

and yet nicky butt has been our best central midfielder this season but last year........

No, he has not.

Yes, he has.

Guest nufc_geordie

Nicky Butt has comfortably been out best centre midfielder and Milner the best wide player (although poor on Saturday). Emre plays in fits and starts. Nicky Butt has been excellent all season.

Guest Gemmill

Glenn Roeder has rubbished suggestions Damien Duff could be on his way out of Newcastle.

The Republic of Ireland winger has struggled to recapture at Newcastle the form he showed at Blackburn and for spells too at Chelsea.

Roeder paid The Blues £5million to land Duff last summer and is confident the player will soon prove his worth at St James' Park.

However the boss does admits the club's supporters may have to exercise a little patience.

"He has swapped life in London for life in Northumberland. He's on his own for long periods as his girlfriend has just qualified as a GP in Dublin," said Roeder.

"We have to be patient. With his attitude and personality, what he achieved at Blackburn will come flooding back.

"It's ridiculous to suggest he could move on. Class is forever - and that's what he's got. It's up to us and him to squeeze that out of him."

What about Luque you idiot !!! He had NO class when he came here ??? and it's NOT up to you do get the best out of him ???

I've seen no evidence of class from Luque in the Premiership.  Get rid.

Gormless Glen is now sounding like the total tosser I always thought he was. If he is here next season I dread to think how bad we will be. How frustrated we will be after the transfer window and how many games we should walk will be drawn or worse lost.

I can see where Glenn's coming from, but sadly class isn't permanent at all, is it? We've seen many players have major downturns in their careers for all sorts of reasons.

How long can we keep playing a Duff who isn't performing while we wait for this 'class' to return?

:lol:  Agreed

But Remember,Duff is not spanish..

Gormless Glen is now sounding like the total tosser I always thought he was. If he is here next season I dread to think how bad we will be. How frustrated we will be after the transfer window and how many games we should walk will be drawn or worse lost.

It was not the article I was referring to when I call him gormless. It is all his faults that have been listed many,many,many times in this forum by me and others. I cannot be bothered repeating them again but if you want mediocrity , boring football, clueless tactics and cr*p use of substitutes then he's your man.

What exactly about what he says in that article is Gormless?

He speaks a lot of sense in my opinion.

Guest Gemmill

SLK and Soccer Master in Luque bum-fest shocker.

I'm going on holiday to Australia and Bahrain next time Luque gets a game to see what they see, that I'm missing.

SLK and Soccer Master in Luque bum-fest shocker.

I'm going on holiday to Australia and Bahrain next time Luque gets a game to see what they see, that I'm missing.

:lol: Think i'll join you, its fascinating.