Raise up Toon-start fighting

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest Harry-Norway

:(Toon fans deserve better then the team and manager serve at the moment,its easy to say GR is not he right man by the weel and i agree,we need a new man by the weel next season.

For me it looks like there is not enough passion among some of the players,win or loose-so wath!!!i get my pay.check anyway.

Toon deserve much better!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve been following NU for over 30 years now,but at the moment i am not proud of bleeding black and white. :'(

Look at other clubs like Everton,Bolton,Reading etc,they are fighting every game for 90 min.and they have better result then us,it looks like we are satisfied been were we are,as long as we dont get religated!!!!!!!!!!!

We fans and Toon Town deserve better!!!!! Act now!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Guest Gemmill

people will only get behind a decent manager.  roeder is not decent by any definition of the word.

A couple of points that would counter your argument:

- We're 11th in the league, six points of 6th, in no danger of relegation, and for the most part of this season we've had between 10 and 16 first team players injured.

- His signings have been good. Martins = Class, Duff = Underperforming but still good, Sibi = Decent back up, Gooch = First few games have been very good considering he's come into a far superior league. Bernard = Fair enough.

- You could also argue that our squad would never have been good enough to get near the UEFA places anyway, and it's our expectations that are marginally too high.

Are you serious?  You think those points counter the argument that Roeder isn't good enough?

We're 11th?  Well that's brilliant.

His signings have been good?  Martins looks decent, Duff has been shite but I'm hopeful he will come good, Sibierski he got unbelievably lucky with (considering he hadn't even thought about signing him til gone teatime on deadline day) and Bernard has been a fucking joke.  We'll see about Gooch.  The transfer windows under Roeder to date have been total abortions.

We aren't good enough for UEFA spots?  Expectations successfully lowered there then.

:(Toon fans deserve better then the team and manager serve at the moment,its easy to say GR is not he right man by the weel and i agree,we need a new man by the weel next season.

For me it looks like there is not enough passion among some of the players,win or loose-so wath!!!i get my pay.check anyway.

Toon deserve much better!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve been following NU for over 30 years now,but at the moment i am not proud of bleeding black and white. :'(

Look at other clubs like Everton,Bolton,Reading etc,they are fighting every game for 90 min.and they have better result then us,it looks like we are satisfied been were we are,as long as we dont get religated!!!!!!!!!!!

We fans and Toon Town deserve better!!!!! Act now!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Whether GR should be replaced is debateable, IMHO I would say no.

What seems to be lacking is the mentality to fight right to the final whistle.  Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan and Reading all have it, even top clubs like Manure have it. 

Whether it is something lacking in GR's managership or something that simply runs through the club I don't know, but Newcastle don't have it.  Sadly, neither do Spurs.  Both clubs could be so much better if (or when) they do get it.

people will only get behind a decent manager.  roeder is not decent by any definition of the word.

- We're 11th in the league, six points of 6th, in no danger of relegation, and for the most part of this season we've had between 10 and 16 first team players injured.

- His signings have been good. Martins = Class, Duff = Underperforming but still good, Sibi = Decent back up, Gooch = First few games have been very good considering he's come into a far superior league. Bernard = Fair enough.

- You could also argue that our squad would never have been good enough to get near the UEFA places anyway, and it's our expectations that are marginally too high.

Are you serious?  You think those points counter the argument that Roeder isn't good enough?

His signings have been good?  Martins looks decent, Duff has been s**** but I'm hopeful he will come good, Sibierski he got unbelievably lucky with (considering he hadn't even thought about signing him til gone teatime on deadline day) and Bernard has been a f****** joke.  We'll see about Gooch.  The transfer windows under Roeder to date have been total abortions.

We aren't good enough for UEFA spots?  Expectations successfully lowered there then.

Your on a roll today - agree totally!

Agree with you 100%

Roeder is average and i cant see how this is going to change

Guest super_shay1

Martins is decent like, and for this being his first season in the Premiership, I think he's done rather good, surely he is only gonna get better and better for us.

Yeah you could complain about Roeder's signings but tbf Sheperd hasn't really backed Roeder with money to go out and buy new players that we need.

I'm canny hopeful too that Duff will come good, I like Gooch and surely he's never gonna be any worse than Bramble or others that we've had before, think we should buy him in the summer. Sibi has been alreet for this season considering we didn't get the players he wanted. Hope we get some decent players in the summer and can't wait to see Emre (hope he doesn't leave in the summer) and Owen back in a black n white shirt soon.

I agree with hindu times as well, people should get behind the manager for a change.

Sack the board tbh.

Come On The Toon!!

Guest Bramble OG

I really dont think Roeder has it in him to motivate players, half time saterday we should have come out fired up and won the game as boro were poor. This season especialy the teams between 5th and say 15th are all capable of beating eachother home and away, Theres 10 points between us and the team in 5th, i really think that the managers decisions make a huge diffrence for the teams in these positions.

When you look at the games weve played well in IE: man u(h) Spurs(h) arse (A) Chelsea(a)west ham(A) etc there all games where players needed no motivation IMO Every pro player wants to beat these kinds of teams(westham for the managers sake), but when it comes to the middle of the road teams we always struggle and thats when good management is needed.

If i had any confidence in Shepherd id say Roeder is here to steady the ship for 18-24 months and make the best of limited funds available(which he has) While Shepherd looks for someone who can take us on to the next leval and use the time to save some transfer funds after the amounts wasted by souness. - But i think we all know Shepherd is not that clever and has no forward planning at all.

Guest Gemmill

If i had any confidence in Shepherd id say Roeder is here to steady the ship for 18-24 months and make the best of limited funds available(which he has) While Shepherd looks for someone who can take us on to the next leval and use the time to save some transfer funds after the amounts wasted by souness. - But i think we all know Shepherd is not that clever and has no forward planning at all.

Shepherd isn't looking for anyone to take us onto the next level.  What happens is he picks up the phone every week and dials a number...

"Are you ready yet Alan?"

"Not yet Fred."

"Ok.  Bye."

"Bye Fred."

"Alan......"

"Yes, Fred."

".....I'll ring you back next week eh?  Just in case."

*click.......line goes dead*

Shepherd isn't looking for anyone to take us onto the next level.  What happens is he picks up the phone every week and dials a number...

"Are you ready yet Alan?"

"Not yet Fred."

"Ok.  Bye."

"Bye Fred."

"Alan......"

"Yes, Fred."

".....I'll ring you back next week eh?  Just in case."

*click.......line goes dead*

Scarily, its probably true! :o

Guest Gemmill

Yes his signings have been good, especially when compared to Souness and Robsons records.

What are you talking about?  Seriously?  Here are his signings:

Duff - crap so far

Martins - promising. 

Sibierski - lucky beyond belief.  The bloke is nowhere near good enough but has had one of those Indian summer seasons.  Shouldn't get his contract renewed.

Bernard - an unmitigated disaster.

Rossi - waste of time if you're not gonna bother playing him.

Gooch - we'll see.  Hard to tell yet.

If you're trying to build an argument that Roeder is a good manager, the last thing you should be doing is using his transfer performance as a basis.

hahahaahahahahahahahahahaahah!!!!!!!!! Brilliant. That was genius.

Which part exactly do you disagree with?

His signings have been good. That part.

Bernard was a disaster (and always destined to be), he wasted £5m on a player who not only has been shite, but who plays in a position that shoudl have been WAY down our list.

He is forced to play a winger (not even a wing BACK) as a right back, our best CB as a left back, and a Championship player as our only permanent-ly contracted CB .

Duff = Rubbish and a disgraceful waste of money if Roeder knew he only had £15m to spend beforehand.  If he had signed three defenders as well as Duff I might be less scathing but Duff was not the priority.

Martins = Very promising and would be deadly if he had a brain but reaslitically wasn't an inspired buy - he was Roeder's last choice after fann*ing around after Kuyt.  I like him mind.

Sibi = Last ditch signing which has turned out well but is now starting to show true level.

Gooch - jury out, time will tell.

Rossi - What the f*ck - why???  Total waste of time - he didn't play him so what was the point??

Bernard - GENIUS!!!!

Injuries have hurt us but the damage has been magnified by Roeder's inability to get players through the door to cover injuries and also his total lack of tactical awareness.

Further thoughts have been expressed in another thread op his dismal efforts at signing defenders.

Guest Gemmill

Bernard was a disaster (and always destined to be), he wasted £5m on a player who not only has been s****, but who plays in a position that shoudl have been WAY down our list.

He is forced to play a winger (not even a wing BACK) as a right back, our best CB as a left back, and a Championship player as our only permanent-ly contracted CB .

Bernard has been a crap signing, I said that. To be honest, we did need a left winger. It may not have been priority, but we needed one. We only have Zog.

If you can name me a right back that is better than Solano AND available, I'll agree with you. Everyone knows we need a LB.

I wasn't stating that his transfer windows have been good. I was saying that the transfers he's made have been good.

You're making the mistake of assuming that just because you or I don't have a list of RBs, that there aren't any decent ones out there.  There are players signed every transfer window whose names I've never heard in my life but who do a decent job.  It's not my or your job to know who these players are.  It is Glenn Roeder's though.

To suggest that just because you or I can't name a right back who we'd like means there aren't any out there is ridiculous.  There must be any number of decent right backs playing across Europe at lesser clubs that would jump at the chance to play in the Premiership.  It just happens that like you and I, Glenn Roeder doesn't have a fucking clue who they are.

Guest SmileyCulture

Lets put something straight once and for all: The injury problem was horrific but we seem to be fighting for our wins with each "top" player returning to fitness. The excuse just doesn't float anymore.

With the team we currently have the only way were going to win games is to fight from the first second to the last and we proved that over and over when we were down to our bare bones, players that would normaly have no chance to get into the site were thrown into the firing line and they obviously saw it as their chance to prove themselves so they really worked for it and resutls like the 2- 2 at manure (which we could very well have won with a little more luck) and the 3-2 win over spurs reflect that.

Roeder probably should'nt be the manager, he's not one to raise spirits or get people in the fighting mood but with top class managers in short supply until we can get one intrested we don't really have a choice.

My votes with Keegan coming back lol

Guest SmileyCulture

Bernard was a disaster (and always destined to be), he wasted £5m on a player who not only has been s****, but who plays in a position that shoudl have been WAY down our list.

Bernard has been a crap signing, I said that. To be honest, we did need a left winger. It may not have been priority, but we needed one. We only have Zog.

If you can name me a right back that is better than Solano AND available, I'll agree with you. Everyone knows we need a LB.

I wasn't stating that his transfer windows have been good. I was saying that the transfers he's made have been good.

You're making the mistake of assuming that just because you or I don't have a list of RBs, that there aren't any decent ones out there.  There are players signed every transfer window whose names I've never heard in my life but who do a decent job.  It's not my or your job to know who these players are.  It is Glenn Roeder's though.

To suggest that just because you or I can't name a right back who we'd like means there aren't any out there is ridiculous.  There must be any number of decent right backs playing across Europe at lesser clubs that would jump at the chance to play in the Premiership.  It just happens that like you and I, Glenn Roeder doesn't have a f****** clue who they are.

With very little effort i can think of these, all young and very talented and they can all play RB.

Kolo Toure - 25

Khalid Boulahrouz - 25

Alves Daniel - 23

Philipp Lahm - 23

Douglas Maicon - 25

Cristian Zaccardo - 25

Carlos Diogo - 23

John Heitinga - 23

Yourkas Seitardis - 25

Daniele Bonera - 25

Some obviously arent available but Roeder has a scouting network and he's paid to do it, godknows why he keeps failing to find decent a RB/LB.

To suggest that just because you or I can't name a right back who we'd like means there aren't any out there is ridiculous.  There must be any number of decent right backs playing across Europe at lesser clubs that would jump at the chance to play in the Premiership.  It just happens that like you and I, Glenn Roeder doesn't have a fucking clue who they are.

Unlike Jol who I guess wasn't alone in managing to pick up a player more than comfortable at right back in January.

Guest Gemmill

Steven Taylor is NOT a full back.  He can fill in adequately at right back (if you have a team of players who can perform adequately in their position, you settle for mid-table, which seems to be where we're heading), and he's pretty poor at left back.  I would also dispute whether Stephen Carr can play at right back.

Guest SmileyCulture

Steven Taylor is NOT a full back.  He can fill in adequately at right back (if you have a team of players who can perform adequately in their position, you settle for mid-table, which seems to be where we're heading), and he's pretty poor at left back.  I would also dispute whether Stephen Carr can play at right back.

I totaly agree, godknows why Roeder thinks its acceptable to put him on the left, on the right is a bit of a stretch.

Our defensive selection isn't as bad as Roeder makes me think when he picks the side

On the left: Babayaro, Edgar, Huntington, Duff (last 2 at a bit of a stretch)

In the middle: Taylor, Bramble, Gooch, Huntington, Edgar, Moore

On the right: Solano, Taylor, Bramble, Huntington

Just because bramble has a couple of good games in europe against a side that never really had a solid attack doesn't justify him breaking back into the team and forcing Taylor into a position where hes 50% effective. Middlesbrough and Wigan alike we should have had a defense similar to:

Edgar, Taylor, Gooch, Solano

Guest Gemmill

I think he's a very solid right back, obviously not a left back.

In my opinion, Duff's best game for us was in Europe when he played LB. Maybe thats the way forward.

Errr....no.  To both.

Neither Carr (due to being an absolute travesty) nor Taylor (due to being our best CB) should be at right back. Solano can do A job, but not a great one. But people like Hindu will accept mediocrity.....no left backs good enough??? WE DON'T HAVE A LEFT BACK. NOT ONE WHO IS WORTHY OF PULLING EVEN A FUCKING TRAINING TOP ON.

For fucks sake. People will make up anything to defend the indefensible, same as some cretins did about Souness - simple fact is, Roeder has FAILED to give us the basics - premiership quality players to start a game. Nothingh to do with injuries, thats just failure.

Were you saying that about bobby in his first 2 seasons?

His signings have been good?  Martins looks decent, Duff has been s**** but I'm hopeful he will come good, Sibierski he got unbelievably lucky with (considering he hadn't even thought about signing him til gone teatime on deadline day) and Bernard has been a f****** joke.  We'll see about Gooch.  The transfer windows under Roeder to date have been total abortions.