Performance Related Pay

Skirge

SSNon about this today, should all clubs put their players on performance related pay?

They could get half their contracted wage, then the rest on performances per game, or a different set wage for a win, draw or loss.

Why would a player already sitting on a big contract agree to that?

By the sounds of it, its just an idea thats came from Pompey, something to do with them thinking about returning money to fans becuase of poor performances. I think if it did ever happen it would have come from a FIFA ruling, not form clubs trying to enforce it.

Guest Groundhog

Daftest suggestion ever, anyone else out there on performance related pay?? Thought not!!

Aye, some people get bonus' or enhancement/commission but not PRP.

Agreed it's annoying when we don't get value for our £30 but thats life  :crazy2:

Guest Sniffer

Before the days of these mega weekly wages, the win bonus was a significant part of a players remuneration. If you mean going back to a drastically reduced guarranteed basic and a tasty win bonus then I'm all for it. I'd think you'd see a few players either forced out of the game because their teamates would not tolerate half arsed performances or they'd put considerably more effort into their game. I'd bet babyaro wouldn't be on the treatment table as much and Luque would'nt be strolling around like a tart.

SSNon about this today, should all clubs put their players on performance related pay?

They could get half their contracted wage, then the rest on performances per game, or a different set wage for a win, draw or loss.

been saying this for years.

Sadly, no chance.

That class documentary about Barcelona, where they showed most/all of their players are on performance related pay. The biggest example was Edgar Davids. Im not sure on the %'s and figure but it was something al the lines of Davids agent wanted £60k per week

Barca wanted to offer £40k per week, £10k for an appearance, £5k for a win, £5k a goal/assist

Davids wouldnt sign the contract, and ended up at Inter Milan, then Spurs.

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0f/02/20050223162609990002

Stephen Carr enjoys the view from his new home.

bluelaugh.gif

He must have a second job if he can afford that.