Buckfast

Stevie

I've got a few Scottish mates who claim Buckfast is the world's finest drink.  It also apparently puts you in a really loved up mood, fuck knows how it's only a drink.  Has anyone ever tried it, or more importantly, know where I can buy it on Tyneside?

I've got a few Scottish mates who claim Buckfast is the world's finest drink.  It also apparently puts you in a really loved up mood, fuck knows how it's only a drink.  Has anyone ever tried it, or more importantly, know where I can buy it on Tyneside?

If you've got mates who drink that shite, it says a lot...

I've got a few Scottish mates who claim Buckfast is the world's finest drink.  It also apparently puts you in a really loved up mood, f*** knows how it's only a drink.  Has anyone ever tried it, or more importantly, know where I can buy it on Tyneside?

If you've got mates who drink that s****, it says a lot...

Yes well they're from Glasgow.

I've got a few Scottish mates who claim Buckfast is the world's finest drink.  It also apparently puts you in a really loved up mood, f*** knows how it's only a drink.  Has anyone ever tried it, or more importantly, know where I can buy it on Tyneside?

Toryglen, by any chance? ;)

Toryglen, by any chance? ;)

Maryhill and Renfrew, good lads though, Celtic fans.

Stevie try this site for a bit of help.

http://www.bumwine.com

If you cant decide then go to polls to see the popularity of each drink. 20/20 and Thunderbird are the tipple of choice.

http://www.bumwine.com/polls.html

You're planning a spectactular exit off the back of the wagon arent you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I am on the wagon, definitely, but I was considering giving this Buckfast a go, when I next have a drink.  Judging by this though, it seems like I'd be reliving my 14/15 year old days in the park with 20/20 and Pulse cider  :o

Stevie ive tried it, twice. It's rocket fuel and it's what all the neds drink. Not saying your mates are neds, some of my mates drink it sometimes but anyway its fucking lethal. Dunno what it is about it but it sends you on the mad one. Doesn't actually taste that bad though i'd only be able to drink it after im already half cut. It's brewed by some monks somewhere apparently. http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=585&id=1602242006 heh read that.

Stevie try this site for a bit of help.

http://www.bumwine.com

If you cant decide then go to polls to see the popularity of each drink. 20/20 and Thunderbird are the tipple of choice.

http://www.bumwine.com/polls.html

You're planning a spectactular exit off the back of the wagon arent you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I am on the wagon, definitely, but I was considering giving this Buckfast a go, when I next have a drink.  Judging by this though, it seems like I'd be reliving my 14/15 year old days in the park with 20/20 and Pulse cider  :o

"Call them bum wines, street wines, fortified wines, wino wines, or twist-cap wines.  Whatever you call these beverages for the economical drunkard, this page explores the top five.  So curl up on a heating duct and enjoy... "

:lol:

Not sure i should be going anywhere near this Buckfast stuff after my recent exploits.

Guest alijmitchell

An absolutely glorious drink. It doesn't always put you in a loved up mood tho, depends on your prior state of mind. Not great if you're already a fighter! Has a terrible reputation but i know a lot of students who take it as a pre going out drink. Mak sure you check the number on the side too, it tells you what number it is from the barrel apparently. The lower the better. Also, if you want to be really adventurous, try f***fast (mixed with vodka), or chuckfast (champagne or sparkling wine). Be careful, but enjoy its wily charms.

An absolutely glorious drink. It doesn't always put you in a loved up mood tho, depends on your prior state of mind. Not great if you're already a fighter! Has a terrible reputation but i know a lot of students who take it as a pre going out drink. Mak sure you check the number on the side too, it tells you what number it is from the barrel apparently. The lower the better. Also, if you want to be really adventurous, try f***fast (mixed with vodka), or chuckfast (champagne or sparkling wine). Be careful, but enjoy its wily charms.

Where can ye buy it around here?

its a fucking brilliant drink mate. discovered it since coming up to uni in Glasgow, and while a lot of people at house parties and that 'll look down on you for drinking it because of its association with charvs (and in truth this is the reason alot of people drink it) I could'nt give a shit cos its fucking lush. definately gets me a better sort of pissed anyway, a bit like malt whisky does. I even know people that take half a dozen bottles with them on their summer holidays!

Ive never had much trouble finding it in Newcastle, maybe ive just been lucky. It's normally hidden next to the normal red wines on the shelves, not stashed behind the counter like it is in Glasgow. One place ive always got it is a offie on Chilly rd. the discount beers and wines shop or something its called, but ive found if you just ask the staff in a decent sized offie theres usually some on the shelves.

word of warning though - the first time I tasted it I couldn't believe how minging it was, by the end of the bottle though I had to go and buy another one, so stick with it!

Good luck.

its a f****** brilliant drink mate. discovered it since coming up to uni in Glasgow, and while a lot of people at house parties and that 'll look down on you for drinking it because of its association with charvs (and in truth this is the reason alot of people drink it) I could'nt give a s*** cos its f****** lush. definately gets me a better sort of pissed anyway, a bit like malt whisky does. I even know people that take half a dozen bottles with them on their summer holidays!

Ive never had much trouble finding it in Newcastle, maybe ive just been lucky. It's normally hidden next to the normal red wines on the shelves, not stashed behind the counter like it is in Glasgow. One place ive always got it is a offie on Chilly rd. the discount beers and wines shop or something its called, but ive found if you just ask the staff in a decent sized offie theres usually some on the shelves.

word of warning though - the first time I tasted it I couldn't believe how minging it was, by the end of the bottle though I had to go and buy another one, so stick with it!

Good luck.

Well that's me sold.  How much is it?

Guest alijmitchell

its a f****** brilliant drink mate. discovered it since coming up to uni in Glasgow, and while a lot of people at house parties and that 'll look down on you for drinking it because of its association with charvs (and in truth this is the reason alot of people drink it) I could'nt give a s*** cos its f****** lush. definately gets me a better sort of pissed anyway, a bit like malt whisky does. I even know people that take half a dozen bottles with them on their summer holidays!

Good luck.

it's usually abot 3.49 for a half bottle or 4.99 for a full one. Good old Glasgow university experience, getting f****d on the tonic. The Neds give you some great banter if your drinking it in the street. I remember a bar in glasgow that had it on tap! Didn't buy it though!

Guest alijmitchell

Where can ye buy it around here?

didn't even realise you could get it back home mate...i'll have to introduce to everyone now.

Good luck.

it's usually abot 3.49 for a half bottle or 4.99 for a full one. Good old Glasgow university experience, getting f****d on the tonic. The Neds give you some great banter if your drinking it in the street. I remember a bar in glasgow that had it on tap! Didn't buy it though!

Aye its gone up abit now like, about £5.20 a bottle most places. Used to be a shop in Maryhill you could pick one up for £4 though! theres a few places in Glasgow that have started doing buckfast cocktails, but its mostly just wanky students paying way over the odds for them to prove how 'crazy' they are for drinking bucky. The Rugby wankers are the same, they even paid to get the logo put their kits, so it looked like they were actually sponsored by buckfast. tossers. it annoys me and most of my pals cos its such a top drink and people either turn their noses up at it (especially lasses who seem to assume you're a swil away from wrapping the fucker round their foreheads) or dickheads who drink it to prove how mental they are and then slag it off, saying its disgusting etc.

But thats mainly a annoying student thing, and you wont get any extra attention drinking it in newcastle, so enjoy!

It's fucking rancid, trust me. Years brought up on this stuff, but as colin says, it's the neds drink. Although you get the odd loser about my age trying desperately to cling on to their teens by continuing to drink it, sneaking it into pubs etc. I left my mate in town, on his own, when he whipped out a bottle in between bars.

A pure rich ned lassie I went to school with was OBSESSED with it, and she was stinking rich an awl. God knows how, but she'd obviously convinced her parents to take her and her mates down to the place where it gets made. I've never cried so much, seeing 5 or 6 15-16 year old girls posing with their bottles Buckfast. Modern Britain for you.

Stevie, you'd have loved it years ago.  Not sure you'd be able to handle it now, no offence intended, just going by your hangover rants.