North American broadcast of UEFA Cup?

CaliMag

Okay this is just for the North American exiles...

Does anyone know what is going on with the Setanta schedule?

Our 15th of March away game was scheduled on Soccertv.com to be shown on Setanta USA until this morning but it would appear we have been bounced in favour of the Shaktar game? WTF?

Is soccertv.com wrong? Are there other channels available? Anyone know of any Mexican channel listings (because I can get most Mexican satellite TV here in California)?

All help appreciated.

Setanta apparantly have coverage of neither game, they've got the Spurs game as well as the Leverkusen one.  FSC and GolTV either don't have coverage this year or don't have it until the later stages.  I would hope that after this round the stuff will be on TV. 

I remember when we were getting our first round UEFA Cup games televised here....

This is what was posted on Soccertv yesterday:

AZ (Netherlands) vs Newcastle United (England)

Setanta Sports USA

Th Mar 15 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT LIVE

This is what is posted today:

Thu Mar 15 11:25AM Pacific

Thu Mar 15 12:25PM Mountain

Thu Mar 15 01:25PM Central

Thu Mar 15 02:25PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 5 min    LIVE

Setanta Sports USA

UEFA Cup - Round of 16 - 2nd Leg

Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) vs Sevilla (Spain)

Honestly who the f*ck cares about Shaktar and Seville in the States?

I am going to post a very stern e-mail to Setanta - :p

Well I sent an e-mail to the folks in charge of scheduling and North American broadcasts... I am hopeful that I came across as more humbly groveling as opposed to snivelingly desperate.

:undecided:

We're f*cked...

I got an e-mail back from Setanta already:

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:56 PM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX [email protected]

Subject: Re: A Plea for a switch of the 15th March UEFA Cup game

I am sorry we can't do this. We buy rights for the UEFA in packages and this game was not included and we would have to pay extra for it.

While we appreicate your following of Newcastle we simply can't buy extra games when we have several key teams as part of our package.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected] ; [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:18 PM

Subject: A Plea for a switch of the 15th March UEFA Cup game

Dear Shane & Madeleine:

Please show the AZ v. Newcastle game instead of the Shaktar v Seville game in the UEFA Cup on the 15th of March. I had been informed through soccertv that the NUFC/AZ game was to be shown only for conformation of the Shaktar game on Setanta Sports USA.

I was disappointed as it was that Spurs were chosen over us for the first leg, but I am begging you to switch the second leg game. I can guarantee that the AZ NUFC game will spark much more interest and ratings for Setanta than the Shaktar match. There is a very large Geordie ex-pat population in the States (as you are already well aware of) and a small die hard AZ support base that has not been able to see them play in Europe before this season.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

CaliMag

FSC only has rights to the final this season apparantly, and GolTV claims to have coverage of this event but I haven't seen any on air this season.  There was a major rights shuffle in the offseason with Setanta coming in and a lot of contracts expiring, so its hard to know who has what this year.