David Pleat's pearls of Wisdom

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

That man is a f*cking muppet. Last night everything he said was absolute crap, from him talking about Reina getting booked for timewasting and how it shouldn't happen when the referee can add time on himself to his constant w*nkfest over Gerrard (who incidentally for once was one of Liverpools poorer performers relatively) to the last 30 minutes when he said taking Bellamy off was a genius tactical decision? WTF, that nearly cost Liverpool the game, by releasing the pressure on Barca and letting them play the ball around.

How has this man got a job? You would think with his experience in the game he would have half a clue what he was talking about.

I remember one of the commentators saying last night "Barcelona need to play better if they want to win" and then Pleat talked shite. It's nothing new, we have some really poor pundits on every channel tbh but it adds to the entertainment just like the divvies on reality TV shows do, even though we hate them.

The way they went on about Ronaldinho hitting the post was hilarious. they were still banging on about it about 5 minutes later. " He used Carragher's push to kick start his run", "And suddenly, Ronaldinho is the best player in the world again". What? After one decent run and shot?  No.

Messi's ball into Gudjohnsen for the goal was the best bit of play in the match, and the ball that nearly came off but for a good Finnan interception would have surpassed any bit of play in the game, does it get a similar mention? Course not.

The way they went on about Ronaldinho hitting the post was hilarious. they were still banging on about it about 5 minutes later. " He used Carragher's push to kick start his run", "And suddenly, Ronaldinho is the best player in the world again". What? After one decent run and shot?  No.

Messi's ball into Gudjohnsen for the goal was the best bit of play in the match, and the ball that nearly came off but for a good Finnan interception would have surpassed any bit of play in the game, does it get a similar mention? Course not.

Aye, you'd expect him to score at least, surely :lol:

Don't mind Pleat myself, better than a canny few I could name.

I agree with you. He knows far more about European players than the likes of Lawrenson etc.

Messi's ball into Gudjohnsen for the goal was the best bit of play in the match

Wasn't it Xavi who put Gudjohnsen through?

classic pleat wankfest about liverpools defence being so tight and in control then hey presto 2 minutes later barcelona score and start running at liverpool for the last 25. Also ronaldinhos shot that missed pleat said words to the effect of his brilliance but it was no better than you see week in week out in our leagues .total dick head

Easy solution chaps:-

And lose the atmosphere generated by the crowd? No thanks.

Lesser of two evils tbh. I just put some tunes on instead. Same for Motson on the Beeb.  :-X

I love it when Pleat starts pronouncing foreign names, its like he tries to be different by saying them wrong. Ronaldino, Shavochonko etc. Silly old man.

:lol:

Aye, fucks me off that.

Was it Pleat who was saying Too-gay the other year?

Guest Nufc4Life

This is exactly why i hate Liverpool so much.

All the fucking pundits wanking over them all the time, they lose 1-0 and its the greatest result in there history? It was a manly performance from them? It wasnt last night at all. Then theres the constant wanking over the atmosphere, when anyone who sees Liverpool against the likes of West Ham, Watford and so on in the prem sees the atmosphere really isnt like that all the time.

Its going to be unbearable again if they win this CL, please god dont let it happen.

Don't mind Pleat myself, better than a canny few I could name.

Yeah, I don't know why Pleat seems to get singled out a lot of the time. He's one of the better pundits.

Competition isn't great, I know, but he does occasionally manage to say something that isn't totally bleeding obvious.