Eric Gates

Guest henryb1

They said century had decided to just have 2 legends for now, didn't they?

Did they ? Doesn't sound good - guess there must have been a falling out ? I know Gatesy has fallen foul of the powers that be, in the past - think that happened when he was with Metro.

Could just be taking holidays, but I hope he's back soon.  Legends is different without him.  Bernie doesn't seem to grief Newcastle as much, and its Bernie and Eric who make the show funny.

Yup - they are good foil for each other - with Supermac being the straight-man. Supermac might be a gob-$hite, but he's still a legend.

I cant believe a word mac says, he baltently doenst know what he's talking about and fans constantly phone in to correct him. That and the constant "When i was a player, i would run 50miles a day after practice" "when i was a player i would make sure i scored 300 goals in training each day before i went home" etc etc

Supermac's funny in his own way.  He just goes on and on and on with the same old stories.  Like, he always goes back to, "3 years ago...Newcastle United had a match against Manchester United that if they won, they would have had a chance to win the title.  They went onto lose that match, and Manchester United pipped Arsenal to the title".  And he always talks about how many strikers West Ham have, and how they don't miss Ashton, even though they're bottom of the Premiership.  And this week, he's been saying how Newcastle started against Boro with one goalkeeper, 3 centre-halves, 6 midfielders, and a centre-forward, and when it looked like Martins was gonna go off for Sibierski, it would have left them with 7 midfielders and a 3 centre-halves, lol.

Guest henryb1

They said century had decided to just have 2 legends for now, didn't they?

yeah they did last night thats why im asking.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Just get Lawrie MacMenemy on the show in his place. All time Mackem legend of all legends.  :thup:

Why is it that it's always the thickest of the thick that ring these shows up?

The worst are the ones who phone up practically every night and think themselves best mates with Slaven.

I stopped listening to it a while back, just couldnt listen to Mac anymore, and theres no way he should be representing our club. He drivels on about the same stuff, and talks utter bollox every show. He never seems to answer the real questions, like he's scared he wont be allowed into SJP again if he does.

Slaven...ar**hole.

Gates... North East lad, only one worth listening to.

Just confirmed "the station have decided to have only two Legends from now on. The show will have special guests occasionally and Eric will still pop in from time to time."

Fucking shite. Eric is the life of that show, Bernie hasn't got enough in him to cancel out Malcolm's incredibly boring voice and personality.