Support all English clubs in Europe.

James

i'm just upset that i'm literally biting off the hand that is feeding me.

I hate all the top 4, the only team I wouldn't mind winning it is Arsenal as I hate them the least. Another Champions League trophy for Liverpool would mean weeks of insufferable fake scousers at uni dyeing their hair red like last time and constantly gloating about winning it, and the thought of England retaining all their European spots would provide no conselation whatsoever

Guest kingdawson

Well i want Man utd to do well in Europe and i wouldnt mind liverpool or even Chelsea doing well to. Want arseanal out of Europe asap and dont really give a damn how well you lot do (as long as we do better then you).

Guest Invicta_Toon

Every season, the success of each countries clubs in Europe is given a score by UEFA, and the national ranking determines the number of European places allocated to each national league.

It is in our interests to support all rival clubs in all European competitions, even if we want them to do badly in the League/domestic cups.

So it is idiotic to be upset to see Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs progress, as you are quite literally biting off the hand that feeds you.

weak argument at best, totally outweighed by the fact that every time the usual suspects progress further in Europe, the more money they recieve, the harder it becomes for use to qualify, whether it is for 3 or 6 places

commentator last night pointed out that people probably like to support british teams in Europe because they play with biritsh values of grit and fair play

I laughed my fucking tits off, the very idea that arsehole wenger's team plays with any sort of british values

therefore, I would support (as much as not really being arsed anyway) manure, bolton, everton, blackburn etc

for clubs full of 20 whinging cheating diving foreigners whose style of play I can't stand in the premiership, I see no problem then with wishing them ill in Europe either

Canny pathetic attitudes on here. I can hardly bring myself to hate a team, apart from spurs and even then i would have problems 'shouting' for a portuguese (etc) team ahead of them. Mild indifference at best.

I have so much admiration for Barcelona i find it difficult to not support them but i still wanted Arsenal to win it last year.

T27 is right though that it does ultimately benefit us as it benefits all english clubs.

Every season, the success of each countries clubs in Europe is given a score by UEFA, and the national ranking determines the number of European places allocated to each national league.

It is in our interests to support all rival clubs in all European competitions, even if we want them to do badly in the League/domestic cups.

So it is idiotic to be upset to see Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs progress, as you are quite literally biting off the hand that feeds you.

How is the coefficient remaining high a good thing? Yeah, you have a chance of nicking the last UEFA spot but as long as there are 4 champions league places the big 4 are going to get in again and again and again......and again...and thats just going to mean they're continually getting their transfer budgets subsidised by the rediculous money they get for competing, keeping them way ahead of everyone in real terms. If English clubs got beat and the coefficient comes down - Fair enough you might be watching a lot more of the Bill instead of Belgian policemen - but suddenly these 4 teams with rediculous budgets are competing for 3 pots of gold - its going to end in tears for one of them (Manure? ) and they'll have to sell players or gamble Leeds style (Whoops!) and happy days - everyone is one rung closer to the top of the ladder. I'd love to see that coeffecient - rot away - 3 could become 2 and 2 could become 1 - and it will be a whole lot easier to get up there once you're on an even keel financially and long european campaigns tend to hinder league campaigns...its the only way anyone other than the current top 4 are even going to win owt.

So, in summary, come on the Lille. :coolsmiley:

Man U & Liverpool =  legions of glory hunting nonfans + Success in Europe = more lost generations of bandwagon jumping glory hunters.

Lets support them in Europe then. 

COUNT ME RIGHT OUT .

How is the coefficient remaining high a good thing? Yeah, you have a chance of nicking the last UEFA spot but as long as there are 4 champions league places the big 4 are going to get in again and again and again......and again...and thats just going to mean they're continually getting their transfer budgets subsidised by the rediculous money they get for competing, keeping them way ahead of everyone in real terms. If English clubs got beat and the coefficient comes down - Fair enough you might be watching a lot more of the Bill instead of Belgian policemen - but suddenly these 4 teams with rediculous budgets are competing for 3 pots of gold - its going to end in tears for one of them (Manure? ) and they'll have to sell players or gamble Leeds style (Whoops!) and happy days - everyone is one rung closer to the top of the ladder. I'd love to see that coeffecient - rot away - 3 could become 2 and 2 could become 1 - and it will be a whole lot easier to get up there once you're on an even keel financially and long european campaigns tend to hinder league campaigns...its the only way anyone other than the current top 4 are even going to win owt.

i would like to see top 3 get a Champions League place and then last Champions League spot going to the Fa Cup winners, it would do wonders for the Fa Cup and would keep the dream alive for other clubs to get the a Champions League place.

for me the League Cup (Carling Cup) needs to be scraped.

Well i want Man utd to do well in Europe and i wouldnt mind liverpool or even Chelsea doing well to. Want arseanal out of Europe asap and dont really give a damn how well you lot do (as long as we do better then you).

no matter how well you do in UEFA it'll always boil down to 'BYE'.

And i will generally support UK teams as theyre from the UK, couldnt give a toss about UEFA Rankings... if we're that shit that we cant do it by ourselves then we hardly deserve it do we.

p.s. Liverpool dont count cos they r gey.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/Danny1355/IMG_0323.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/Danny1355/IMG_0322.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/Danny1355/IMG_0325.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/Danny1355/IMG_0324.jpg

How could you not want these to win?  bluelaugh.gif

Got to admit, and I have said it befire, I would even support Sunderland in Europe until they played any other English or Scottish club. When English teams play in Europe they are essentially representing England, thus I support them.

No, they aren't. They are representing their own club, no-one else.

How are they representing England?  Arsenal usually have no English players in their starting eleven.  Bayern Munich often start with one - does that mean they're representing England too?

Loada shite.

Let's weigh up my options:

a) have to put up with gloating Scouse wankers coming on here giving it "6 times", glory-hunting Man Utd tossers getting to say "they" won the European Cup again, despite the fact "they" never go, the fucking yids winning a European trophy at the first recent attempt and having to listen to kingdawson and the knobs off GG, Boro winning the UEFA Cup and have to live with a Boro fan or Chelsea acquiring more glory-hunting knobs from their ill-gotten European Cup to add to the rest of their very expensive dodgy trophies

AND

as compensation, I get to spend £20 per round freezing my arse off watching NUFC play garbage football against garbage teams for about 37 rounds before getting knocked out by anyone vaguely decent.

or b) they win nowt, same as us, and I get to stay at home.

That's a tough one like. FFS.

Loada shite.

Let's weigh up my options:

a) have to put up with gloating Scouse wankers coming on here giving it "6 times", glory-hunting Man Utd tossers getting to say "they" won the European Cup again, despite the fact "they" never go, the fucking yids winning a European trophy at the first recent attempt and having to listen to kingdawson and the knobs off GG, Boro winning the UEFA Cup and have to live with a Boro fan or Chelsea acquiring more glory-hunting knobs from their ill-gotten European Cup to add to the rest of their very expensive dodgy trophies

AND

as compensation, I get to spend £20 per round freezing my arse off watching NUFC play garbage football against garbage teams for about 37 rounds before getting knocked out by anyone vaguely decent.

or b) they win nowt, same as us, and I get to stay at home.

That's a tough one like. FFS.

This.

Personally, I can't get my head round people who are driven by logic rather than emotion when it comes to matters like this and, as such, I tend to like to see English clubs lose. Also, I would imagine that just by doing as well as they have done already, English clubs have guarenteed the same amount of places next season and, iirc, that's the maximum amount of places a country can have. Not like you to spout shite though :razz:

They're not representing England, but they are representing the Premiership.

No, they aren't. They are representing themselves. What league they play in makes fuck all difference. By the same token, would you support Germany in the World Cup if they played Uraguay? Because they are "representing UEFA"?

So long as we qualify for Europe (unlikely this season) or are competing for qualification, it's good for English clubs to do well in Europe as far as NUFC is concerned. I can't bring myself to want Man Utd to win or anything but I can accept the view that their doing well benefits us. The last thing I fucking well want is Liverpool, Man Utd. or Spurs winning their respective competitions though. Wouldn't mind Arsenal winning the Champions League. Wouldn't particularly bother me if Chelsea won it. And I cannot understand the person who would support the Mackems in Europe. FFS!

They're not representing England, but they are representing the Premiership.

No, they aren't. They are representing themselves. What league they play in makes f*** all difference. By the same token, would you support Germany in the World Cup if they played Uraguay? Because they are "representing UEFA"?

HOW THE FUCK are they not representing the Premiership, so Man Utd win tonight Serie A get the 2 points in the co-efficient system do they?  Have a fuckin word.

The Premiership have 4 representatives in the Champions League this season. Difficult to see how anyone could argue against that.