Support all English clubs in Europe.

James

They're not representing England, but they are representing the Premiership.

No, they aren't. They are representing themselves. What league they play in makes f*** all difference. By the same token, would you support Germany in the World Cup if they played Uraguay? Because they are "representing UEFA"?

HOW THE FUCK are they not representing the Premiership, so Man Utd win tonight Serie A get the 2 points in the co-efficient system do they?  Have a fuckin word.

Thats not what they are there for. They are there to advance THEMSELVES, THEIR CLUB, in Europe. Thats all they care about. And thats all they are there to do. You show me where its shown they are there on behalf of you, me, or anyone else outside of their club and fanbase.

Whether you, they, or I like it or not, they ARE representing the Premiership.  European competition is the best gauge of the quality of a league.  Serie A was number when most of us were growing up, and that was reflected by their dominance in European competition.  Milan and Juventus represented the strength of Serie A, nowadays it looks like it could be our leagues turn to take over, and it's well represented by Arsenal, Dippers, Man Utd and Chelsea.  Of course they're representing the Premiership you fool.

Look in the mirror, and I bet you can't look yourself in the eye while saying "I am talking sense here."

Whether you, they, or I like it or not, they ARE representing the Premiership.  European competition is the best gauge of the quality of a league.  Serie A was number when most of us were growing up, and that was reflected by their dominance in European competition.  Milan and Juventus represented the strength of Serie A, nowadays it looks like it could be our leagues turn to take over, and it's well represented by Arsenal, Dippers, Man Utd and Chelsea.  Of course they're representing the Premiership you fool.

Look in the mirror, and I bet you can't look yourself in the eye while saying "I am talking sense here."

doesn't mean you have to support them though

Of course it doesn't, but they still represent the Premiership.  Hand on heart I wanted Man Utd to win in 99, the same wasn't true of the English CL Finalists 6 years later however.

Correct, but they're still representing the premiership. I'm with Stevie tbh :(. Dunno how anyone can say they dont represent our league & its characteristics.

Correct, but they're still representing the premiership. I'm with Stevie tbh :(. Dunno how anyone can say they dont represent our league & its characteristics.

i didn't say they didn't just i won't ever support them

Going slightly back in history here, but the form of the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal in Europe in the late 90's and early 00's was the main reason why were able to qualify for the champs league in 2002. If they hadn't won their games, England wouldn't have had 4 places.

Going slightly back in history here, but the form of the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal in Europe in the late 90's and early 00's was the main reason why were able to qualify for the champs league in 2002. If they hadn't won their games, England wouldn't have had 4 places.

supposedly going down to 3 places anyway

supposedly going down to 3 places anyway

I think was more Platini being the wank that he is.  He can't retify that on his own, needs a committe to vote in favour, which they won't because the money will receed.

I personally couldn't give a shit how the premiership is 'represented.' The way I see it the negligable benefits to Newcastle of having English teams doing well are more than countered by the down sides - our rivals extra revenue from prize money, shirt sales in Asia, attractivness to better players who have to play against us every week etc...

If Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U win the Champions Leauge (God Forbid) they would get far more money, and be a much more attractive proposition to better players.  Lets see how happy everone is if Liverpool winning the European Cup allows them to sign David Villa and he scores a few winners against us next season? Who'll come on here and say 'Ah well, at least our Co-Efficients a bit higher,' or 'it doesnt matter, theres another Uefa Cup place.' Not to mention having to hear them bang on about it for the next 20 years.

Anyway, all thats irrelevant because supporting football teams is about emotion and nowt else. I absolutely hate Man U and Liverpool with a passion, I hate their fans, players, the places, everything. I was absolutely gutted when Liverpool won it, or Man U won it in '99. Im also not mad on anyone else still in Europe - imagine the Media's wankfest if Arsenal had won the Champions Leauge last season? It'd do my head in. My point is personally I could'nt support any English clubs in Europe I hate normally - the things I hate about them still exist.

Thats enough for me tbh..

Where i live almost everyone watchs the La-Liga and the Serie-A,when even there is a debate about the "best" league in the world its always between those two,they EPL is not even considered!,just to mention that the EPL (may,might,is ) better will cause you to go to endless debate's with almost everyone..who don't understand shit about football

So its in MY best intrest if premiership teams win,Would much rather see Liverpool,Manchester,Arsenal and even Chelsea win it then to see Barcelona,Madrid or Milan win it..

Where i live almost everyone watchs the La-Liga and the Serie-A,when even there is a debate about the "best" league in the world its always between those two,they EPL is not even considered!,just to mention that the EPL (may,might,is ) better will cause you to go to endless debate's with almost everyone..who don't understand shit about football

So its in MY best intrest if premiership teams win,Would much rather see Liverpool,Manchester,Arsenal and even Chelsea win it then to see Barcelona,Madrid or Milan win it..

You're not English though, so it's very different for you.

Where i live almost everyone watchs the La-Liga and the Serie-A,when even there is a debate about the "best" league in the world its always between those two,they EPL is not even considered!,just to mention that the EPL (may,might,is ) better will cause you to go to endless debate's with almost everyone..who don't understand s*** about football

probably because La Liga and Serie A are much better. The English top 4 are as good as anyone elses, but the overall strength and depth of the Prem compared to other European leauges falls well short in my opinion.

It clogged up with to much shite; bolton, watford, fulham, wigan, reading, blackburn etc... all content to play shit football, pick up enough points to survive and reap the financial rewards.

The clubs representing England in the European cup are not really representative of the whole league in my opinion. Overall, theres far more entertainment and quality to be found in Spain, and probably more quality (though not entertainment) in Italy.

I agree with the fact that English success in the CL reflects well on the rest of the league.  If we never beat the teams that are in it and then they all get knocked out in the first round, what does that say about the quality of the league?  Fair point.

That said, I don't think I want an English team to win the whole competition.  Because of their supporters more than anything.  I won't be too bothered if one does (please not Man Utd) but that doesn't mean we have to support them. 

Where i live almost everyone watchs the La-Liga and the Serie-A,when even there is a debate about the "best" league in the world its always between those two,they EPL is not even considered!,just to mention that the EPL (may,might,is ) better will cause you to go to endless debate's with almost everyone..who don't understand s*** about football

You're not English though, so it's very different for you.

Yep :)

Then again,people who ARE english should be getting behind their teams...

That said, I don't think I want an English team to win the whole competition.  Because of their supporters more than anything.  I won't be too bothered if one does (please not Man Utd) but that doesn't mean we have to support them. 

Trust me,as much as people who support other english teams are considerd cunts,they are far better then those italian or spanish supporter..

probably because La Liga and Serie A are much better. The English top 4 are as good as anyone elses, but the overall strength and depth of the Prem compared to other European leauges falls well short in my opinion.

It clogged up with to much shite; bolton, watford, fulham, wigan, reading, blackburn etc... all content to play shit football, pick up enough points to survive and reap the financial rewards.

The clubs representing England in the European cup are not really representative of the whole league in my opinion. Overall, theres far more entertainment and quality to be found in Spain, and probably more quality (though not entertainment) in Italy.

Bullshit, there is more quality coming out of my arsehole than there is out of Gimnastic, Levante, Sociedad, Cagliari etc etc.

i support all the english clubs in european competition, apart from the UEFA this season obviously, as we're still in it so they represent competition. the only times i don't is when nufc are in direct rivalry with the club, for instance liverpool when they won the champions league - we'd been in a top four tussle with them and for 3 years they were our closest rivals, so to see them doing so well when we weren't hurt. even then i wanted them to win once the final kicked off.

it's not only to do with the co-efficient or boosting the prestige of "My" league, though that does count a lot. it's just how relevant it keeps the competition to me, why should i want porto to beat Chelsea? i have absolutely no link to the club, i don't see a lot of their games or watch their highlights on a weekly basis, i don't know or read about all the players on a daily basis, i don't have any porto fans as friends, or bump into porto fans at the pub or even online, if they get through the nation won't be focusing on their games etc

i support all the english clubs in european competition, apart from the UEFA this season obviously, as we're still in it so they represent competition. the only times i don't is when nufc are in direct rivalry with the club, for instance liverpool when they won the champions league - we'd been in a top four tussle with them and for 3 years they were our closest rivals, so to see them doing so well when we weren't hurt. even then i wanted them to win once the final kicked off.

it's not only to do with the co-efficient or boosting the prestige of "My" league, though that does count a lot. it's just how relevant it keeps the competition to me, why should i want porto to beat Chelsea? i have absolutely no link to the club, i don't see a lot of their games or watch their highlights on a weekly basis, i don't know or read about all the players on a daily basis, i don't have any porto fans as friends, or bump into porto fans at the pub or even online, if they get through the nation won't be focusing on their games etc

Why should you want Chelsea to beat Porto?

Why should you want Chelsea to beat Porto?

i just said why.