Free Laptops

ChezGiven

This morning i get a call from a colleague in Belgium telling me that he had won a laptop but that he needed a UK address to get it sent to and could he have my address in the UK.

I was obviously suspicious and when i asked him a few question about how he won it, he mentioned 'pop-up' in his broken english. I asked him for the website and he sent me this

http://www.consumersavingcentre.co.uk/

Does anyone know what the deal is with these sort of offers? I told my colleague that there was never something for nothing and didnt fancy supplying all my details online for this sort of offer.

I cant be arsed putting my email in to find out but under the T's & C's there is something about buying offers from sponsors before you get the laptop.

So, is this a total scam, an offer of a laptop in return for buying loads of other shit, or a good offer? Personally think it has to be a load of shite.

Guest Gemmill

Aye, scam.  Still, I get what you're coming from about feeling a bastard telling this lad he can't use your address. 

Do you think he'd fall for the Prince Mfufu from Nigeria thing though?  We could make a few quid here.

I've told everyone at work about it. All the french think belgians are stupid so they loved it. I might plan something for our next meeting.

"Hey Thierry, you were the 1,000,000th employee to attend a meeting this year and you've won a trip to the Bahamas..... Only kidding  :cheesy: "

Does anyone have a copy of the Nigerian scam email?

Presumably you pay the (rather expensive) p&p and it never turns up, or something along those lines. A good rule of thumb is you can't win a competition you didn't enter.

Presumably you pay the (rather expensive) p&p and it never turns up, or something along those lines. A good rule of thumb is you can't win a competition you didn't enter.

Rodney Trotter can! FACT!  :lol: