Superstitions are ruining my life.........

Jay Jay Sea

Well they aren't really but I am curious to know as to what other folks' susperstition(s) are if they have any........

Here's mine and I f*ckin hate the b*stard with a passion but really really really can't help it........

A magpie appears on it Jck Jones, I immediately have to acknowledge the little bugger with a kind of American style salute/tiping forward of me old hat type of action.  F*ckin crazy.  Seen me pull this off day after day in front of loads of traffic on me way too/from work and I can see people in their car thinking I'm some kinda of nut (which i most probably am). Perhaps it is an affliction then?????

What are yours? ???

My mates does that :lol:

I don't walk over 3 drain covers in a row if i can help it. Not really a superstition more a OCD but I always have to destroy rubbish, like tear it into as many little pieces as it will go.

I don't walk over 3 drain covers in a row if i can help it. Not really a superstition more a OCD but I always have to destroy rubbish, like tear it into as many little pieces as it will go.

My Ex used to go off it if i walked over Three drain covers.. Never understood that superstition or any others personally.

I used to be superstitious, funnily enough when I was naive enough to believe in God.

Knowledge has put paid to all of that, though. I don't even salute magpies anymore!

Well, honestly, sometimes habit just gets the best of me :blush:

Walking over an even number of drain linked together is good luck and uneven numbers are bad luck (unless you spit on them whilst on it which neutralises the bad luck). I even go out of my way to do it :blush: like walking 5 metres just to walk over 2 drains. If I see a magpie on it's own i have to say "hello magpie, how's your wife". It'sall very stupid but I just can't help it.

My Ex used to go off it if i walked over Three drain covers.. Never understood that superstition or any others personally.

Ruins your sex-life apparently.

Guest Knightrider

On the way to and on the way back from the match, I have to touch Wor Jackie's foot, not his standing leg, his shooting foot and I always say to myself as I touch it "wish us luck Jackie", and if we win or get a point, say a "cheers Jackie" or a "maybe next time eh" if we lose on the way back. Before every match, just before kick-off, I have a quiet 60 seconds of thinking time where I gase upwards and plead to the Toon gods for good luck.

In my personal life, I'm not superstitious at all, I don't think anyway, although I do think I can somehow influence things via a host of odd ways such as, if I'm listening to the match and we are losing or drawing with 5 minutes to go, I turn the radio off thinking if I do that, we'll have a better chance of winning or getting a point, or if I'm not at the radio or at the match, I'll go out of my way to avoid the score, so I can watch the highlights, thinking that will help us anarl. Bastard Fulham match!!

That type of thing goes on with other none NUFC things too. I have to watch my nephew play for his team for example, because I believe he'll do better if I'm there, I have to be at such and such with such and such because I believe, by just being there, things will go better or good things will happen - I just have to be there and believe I can somhow effect things positively.

I have this fear linked with this too, that if I don't go to x place or be with x person for example, things won't go so well or go as x person had planned.

"I should have been there, I could have done something"

This is the same if a mate gets into a scrape or something bad happens, I'll say to myself, I wish I was there, that wouldn't have happened, or I could have done something.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this odd and totaly illogical behaviour.

Guest Snoops

I don't have any superstitions, things like drain-covers, magpies and cracks in the pavement make no difference in my life! :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't have any superstitions, things like drain-covers, magpies and cracks in the pavement make no difference in my life! :lol:

do you do that touching wood thing?

Filth.

Still prefer not to walk under a ladder if I can avoid it. But that's more pragmatism than superstition.

Is it meant to be good luck when a bird shits on you from a great height, btw?

Guest Snoops

'Fraid not! Thats shit as well  O0

I always get up and walk around saying "Come on lads, we're gonna score" 3 times if we're losing :lol:. Ever since I was sat at St James Park and said "Shearer's gonna score here" 3 times a couple of years ago as we won a corner and he scored from that resulting corner. Stupid really  ;D

Still prefer not to walk under a ladder if I can avoid it. But that's more pragmatism than superstition.

Loads of people are injured and die every year from avoiding walking under ladders, pretty sure I read it's significantly more than from walking under them.

Loads of people are injured and die every year from avoiding walking under ladders, pretty sure I read it's significantly more than from walking under them.

Link?!!

Evidence?!!

Link?!!

Evidence?!!

Have none, although I'd have thought that someone who doesn't walk under ladders might not be that interested in the whole evidence thing. ;)

Link?!!

Evidence?!!

Have none, although I'd have thought that someone who doesn't walk under ladders might not be that interested in the whole evidence thing. ;)

:blush:

Good point.

You fucker.  :laugh:

Drop a knife - a bloke's coming to the house

Drop a fork - a woman coming to the house

Drop a spoon - a disappointment's coming

Drop a lot of cutlery - you've got Parkinsons coming

Drop your trousers - the police are coming

that wasn't a superstition thing,that was just hoping one would collapse under you.

anyway has anyone mentioned the obvious "fingers crossed"

Drop a knife - a bloke's coming to the house

Drop a fork - a woman coming to the house

Drop a spoon - a disappointment's coming

Drop a lot of cutlery - you've got Parkinsons coming

Drop your trousers - the police are coming

:lol: