For those old enough to drive and own a car....

Howaythelads

Ok, it happened to me again on the way home yesterday evening, pisses me off completely.

I'm sitting there last night at a broken set of lights with the plods directing traffic, had just dropped my wife off at a function and it's dark. The twát in front is sitting there with their bloody brake lights on, dazzling me like nowt on earth for what seems like about 5 minutes. Why the hell these people can't stop in traffic and put their handbrake on is beyond me.

Anyway, top 5 things that piss me off about other motorists who don't drive as well as I do.

1. A lane closing on a motorway, there is loads of advance notice but plebs sticking with it right to the end, causing people to brake to let them in resulting in huge traffic jams.

2. People not indicating before making a turn.

3. People who indicate right and left when going straight ahead at a roundabout (traffic circle for the yanks here)

4. When stuck in stationary traffic, people with their great fat foot stuck on the brake pedal, causing half a dozen bright red lights to dazzle anyone sitting behind them. As mentioned above, like.

5. Anyone driving too close to the back of my car.

6. When I'm just on the edge of thinking I can go through a light on amber the 3 or 4 twáts behind me who follow me through even though it's now obviously changed to red.

7. Lorries that block the traffic by overtaking at 1mph faster than the vehicle they're overtaking.

8. People who hog the middle lane on a motorway as though it's a "70mph" lane.

9. People who hog the outside lane on a motorway, stupidly believing it's a "fast" lane.

10. People who speed (to great excess) in a built up area.

11. People reading while driving.

12. People with a baby or a very young kid sitting on their lap.

People who drive too slowly, fair enough you don't have to be a rude boy prick showing everyone how fast your 1 litre Nova goes but doing 20 in a 40 etc.. annoys the hell out of me.

3. People who indicate right and left when going straight ahead at a roundabout (traffic circle for the yanks here)

assuming were on the same lines on this one, this pisses me off beyond belief. Especially when there are only 3 options and the arrows on the fucking road tell them what is forward/right/left. The only exception I can think of is when there are many exits or the roundabout is huge or perhaps the "straight on" is fairly right sided.

People who drive too slowly, fair enough you don't have to be a rude boy prick showing everyone how fast your 1 litre Nova goes but doing 20 in a 40 etc.. annoys the hell out of me.

Aye, agreed. Reminds me of people who just suddenly stop anarl. Usually auld bastards or people who are too tight to have a satnav and so are lost, or something daft like that.

assuming were on the same lines on this one, this pisses me off beyond belief. Especially when there are only 3 options and the arrows on the f****** road tell them what is forward/right/left. The only exception I can think of is when there are many exits or the roundabout is huge or perhaps the "straight on" is fairly right sided.

Got one like that near me but oddly enough people don't tend to indicate at all. I see it the most on more normal roundabouts and even on bloody mini roundabouts. They approach the things indicating right, then once they're on it they indicate left and go straight on. Mental.

The lack of indicator really annoys me too.

Especially on a crowded roundabout and you're waiting to get in, and the bloke looks like he's going to keep going around then turns off just before you with no signal, meaning you could have gone but can't now.

Not signalling is annoying but also dangerous and pisses me off... some people have no awareness that there are others behind, just stroling around going left and right.

People who don't realise what the acceleration lane is for when joining a motorway. They almost stop and then try to get in and it leaves everyone behind in a shit spot. It's fucking scary trying to get in the lane when you don't have speed.

People who don't realise what the acceleration lane is for when joining a motorway. They almost stop and then try to get in and it leaves everyone behind in a shit spot. It's fucking scary trying to get in the lane when you don't have speed.

i find it quite fun to put the car in as low a gear as possible and scream my way onto the road, it makes me feel like the volvo v40 ISN'T a heap of shit for a small time.

People who pull out into the middle lane in front of you to overtake a slower vehicle then cut back in immediately, despite the fact they are CLEARLY going faster then the next slower vehicle - meaning they have to pull out again. Can you not see further than one car's length?

Arrogant fucks who speed up behind you in the fast lane when you are overtaking a slower vehicle and flash their lights at you to move. Move where you daft twat? Often coincides with BMW/Mercedes ownership.

As mentioned, people who DON'T indicate at mini-roundabouts, just because lots of people are going that way (ie near my work where everyone pulls into Morrisons). Yes, and I knew you were going that way because...?

All of those and:

The selfish fucks who go through the lights knowing they're not going to be able to get out the other side before the lights have changed, block everyone going the other way off, and then sit there looking all innocent whilst they make me late for work, the cunts!! I fucking hate them and if I had a tank, instead of a crappy old clio, I'd crush the fuckers without a second thought, they truly deserve to die.

People who beep their horn. 99% of the time they're the ones in the wrong, I see them cut-up someone else and then go pprrrrrrrrppp, pprrrrrrrrpp, whilst burning off like Michael-fucking-Schumaker, shaking their fist, talking on their mobile and not looking at the road. I just think: Dick!!

People who simply haven't got a fucking clue. This morning I was on my way to work and I came to a bit with cars parked either side of the road and a fucking bin-lorry doing a u-turn in the middle of them, so I stopped. I was waiting for him to finish fucking about and get out of the way when I noticed some stupid tart in a purple car had pulled up alongside me on the right. I thought: what the fuck's she doing? When the bin-lorry had done his thing I went to go only to be basically barged out of the way by this woman who it's seems must have thought I was parked or something!?! That's be parked in the middle of the fucking road, with the engine running, judging by her driving that's probably normal for her.  :uglystupid2:

People who think moving into the right-hand lane ahead of a roundabout, taking the right-hand exit and then once away from the roundabout, taking the immediate right turn only requires one continuous signal.

People who drive with their indicators on. Seen some old women go for miles on the motorway indicating right.

How the fuck can you not notice the big fuck-off flashing light on your dash? Or even the sound? Worrying that they are so oblivious to it tbh.

Guest Snoops

Also, a really petty one, but I hate people who don't gesture 'thanks' in some way when you let them in or something. :lol:

Aye that winds me up as well, I always shout "Oh thanks, don't mention it you ignorant get!" to myself in the car. :lol:

Guest Snoops

People who stop in yellow boxes get on my wick. And people who drive up your arse when you're doing the speed limit.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Also, a really petty one, but I hate people who don't gesture 'thanks' in some way when you let them in or something. :lol:

Aye but, do you differentiate between situations where someone has genuinely gone out of their way for you, or are you one of these people who expect thanks when all you've done is obey the highway code i.e. you've stopped because they had the correct right of way

Aye but, do you differentiate between situations where someone has genuinely gone out of their way for you, or are you one of these people who expect thanks when all you've done is obey the highway code i.e. you've stopped because they had the correct right of way

The former, of course. :idiot2:

Guest Snoops

Its manners to say thanks whatever situation it is. I always do.

people who drive through country lanes and dont turn their full beam off straight away dazzling the fuck out of me and causing me to fly my only owned 3 months ford focus into a ditch writing the fucker off!