Ronaldinho - the Brazilian Lee Trundle

Guest Knightrider

Guest Gemmill

HTT is like the message board equivalent of Adrian Durham.  Fairly poorly informed, but sufficiently aware of the levels of intelligence of his readership (listenership in Durham's case) such that he knows that he can write something vaguely controversial and get a lot of thickos biting.

Either that or he actually believes the shite he spouts, in which case the joke's on him.

Guest Knightrider

OK a lot of my post was tongue in cheek, I've already recognised he's a top top player, a great individual, but he's not, never has been, and never will be the greatest and as a team player, he's pretty poor and very one-dimensional. I would rather have Rooney in my team too, he's every bit as good an individual as Ronaldinho (without the party tricks of course) but is also a team player and even when he's having a poor game, doesn't just disappear like the Brazilian does.

Guest alijmitchell

I've watched him a number of times now over the past 12 months or so and he has been disappointing in the main and nowhere near the player he once (fleetingly) was (just after Rijkaard took over and in their first title season under him). He looks overweight, has lost some pace and has become a parody of himself. I thought he was s**** last night, utter crap. Best player in the world my arse. Great skills, great individualism, but not a great player, and he never has been. A great player can do it week in week out, over the course of a career, at any level (Ronaldinho has never convinced me at WC level or even CL level, despite one or two high profile goals), not in patches and over the course of a 2 or so year period. He's massively overrated and it is a crime to even put him up there with the Maradonas, Zidanes, Ronaldos (pre-injuries), Cruyfs, Peles and other former greats.

He's such a lazy player as well, Robert puts him to shame, and so ineffective centrally. Yes he has 18 goals for Barca this season, and is a good player, a very good one on his day, but Kanoute has 18 goals or something FFS.

I honestly wouldn't have him in my dream team, Barca should cash in and buy a more effective and productive players with the money. He'd bomb in the Premiership IMO.

mackems.gif

You've watched him a number of times?  I'm assuming you could count these 'number of times' on one hand.  Even in Barca's last home match against Bilbao he was unstoppable, played amazing.

What does Kanoute scoring 18 goals have to do with Ronnie scoring 19?  Or are you trying to say if Kanoute can score that many, anyone can, thus making it insignificant?  Well I'll have to go inform David Villa, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Messi, Morientes, Torres et al that they are infact over-rated and s*** players because Kanoute has scored more goals than them this season.  I think they will all retire due to this terribly embarrassing situation.

Except for a slow start, Dinho has had a great season, but I guess in order for some people to say he had a good game he needs to score(well, not score, it's la liga, anyone can score in that league!), make a few assists and beat players for fun all night..

Not watch last years Champions League, btw?  Guess not if he hasn't proved himself to you at that level.  Was it not Ronaldinho who effictivly knocked out Chelsea with a great goal, shrugging off England's captain like he wasn't even there?   And scored the first goal against Benfica in the quarters?  And made a pass no one else could make which set up Giuly to knock out Milan in the semis..

I'm still hoping this thread is a wind up, though.

Well said.

HTT proves once again, he is a total muppet.

agreed.  biggest knee-jerk ever.

had a quiet season by his standards.. interrupted with injuries, but still getting the goals.  then IMMEDIATELY after see Barca lose and was broadcasted on terrestrial television we get the threads like "seen him play last 12 months, was never a great player.  OVERRATED!!" omg.. no one could touch him 12 months ago, fact !  world class.  just need to regain some form, along with eto'o who he has missed.