Opera

GM

Opera users will be able to tell me what's going on here, I hope.

When you open a new tab on Opera (say for example you click on one of the threads on here) it should load up the thread on a new tab and just next to the address bar there's a wee blue box saying "Images: 79/80" or "Document: KB" as it loads up...well, over the past couple of days I've noticed that it's getting stuck on the final image or the final part of the page, and not processing the full page details...which is a tad annoying.

I doubt I've explained myself clearly enough tbh, but if anyone knows how to remedy the problem, would be grateful for your help? Should I just uninstall Opera and reinstall it?

Cheers :thup:

What brand is it?

In any case, go into the settings page and there should be a diagnostics section somewhere that has an option to reboot. Alternatively, unplug it from the mains. :lol:

You're wanting to try and fully reset your connection to your ISP. It may take a few minutes to come back ready for use.

SpeedTouch modem - Thomson. Found the diagnostics properties section thingummy. Completely clueless, btw :lol: I just EXPECT the fucking thing to work without me knowing anything about it. Much the same as I do with any other piece of technology I use...beyond me as I don't understand such things. Anyway, will try your remedy later and see what happens.

SpeedTouch modem - Thomson. Found the diagnostics properties section thingummy. Completely clueless, btw :lol: I just EXPECT the fucking thing to work without me knowing anything about it. Much the same as I do with any other piece of technology I use...beyond me as I don't understand such things. Anyway, will try your remedy later and see what happens.

One of these?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:6nahRF9FGcgOvM:http://www.faster.bt.com/img/consumer/products/330_Large.gif

If so, I recommend, ripping it out of the usb port and hurling it at the nearest wall, before jumping up and down on it repeatedly until it ceases to exist.

I've got one of them, they're shit.

>:(

Hmm, I'm not sure it's actually an Opera problem, just that you notice it more with Opera.  Try it in IE, I'm sure that has a "Images" count when loading.  If it's happening in that, then it's a router/firewall issue, I had the same problem and had to change a few settings to sort it. 

Agree that it's very annoying, too.

Discovered that my supposed 1MB (yes 1MB!!! :blush: ) BT Broadband is operating at less than its optimal speed. Rebooted the router...but now getting to the point of "no more patience" with BT Broadband. Just shite, considering how much it costs monthly. Think I'll be getting a MAC code from them and porting across to Sky if this carries on much longer.

What speeds are you actually getting? Post the results from here: http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Remember to have no running torrents etc when you do the test.

Interesting that diagnostic tool tells me I'm at 1000kbps (download) and 237kbps (upload) but BT Broadband's own in-built diagnostic tool was telling me last night it was about 690kbps. Quite beyond me what this could be down to...

Anyway, 1Mbps is still too slow for me. I reckon Sky could still be the way to go.

1Mbps is quite slow, to be honest, but you shouldn't be experiencing pages not loading totally, though. I mean, I was getting that, and I've been on 10mpbs for over a year now, I'm still certain it's a firewall issue (if you've got one). I had to stop mine blocking Ads, as it was mistaking simple banners for advertisements, fucked up pages loading all the time.

The differences in tests though isn't anything to worry about. It could be down to anything, from the net (yes, the net lags) being slow at the moment in time, to your connection being slow at that moment in time.

BT Broadband comes with embedded firewall and antivirus (which I've opted out of cos it's Norton which is shite and have substituted with other stuff from Kaspersky). I'm now not using the embedded BT Browser (Explorer based shite) - but I'm wondering if that is possibly the cause of such slow rates of downloading - some sort of hardware conflict?

Ah bugger it, I need more than 1Mbps, and that's the end of it.

It could be, and I would say with all browsers, Opera gives me the most problems, so you could well be right on that one.  I guess if after you upgrade, and still get the problems, you should take it from there, as your mind seems pretty made up...

I prefer the look and feel of Opera, compared with Firefox, tbh. But then Firefox gives me less hassle and is generally more reliable.

Anyone know if you can export your favourites from Opera to Firefox directly?