Thierry Henry- The French Darren Huckerby

Tooj

I've watched him a number of times now over the past 12 months or so and he has been disappointing in the main and nowhere near the player he once was . He looks uninterested, has lost some pace and has become a parody of himself. I thought he has  been shite all season, utter crap. Best player in the world my arse. Great skills, great individualism, but not a great player, and he never has been. A great player can do it week in week out, over the course of a career, at any level (Henry has never convinced me at WC level or even CL level, despite one or two high profile goals), not in patches and over the course of a 8 or so year period. He's massively overrated and it is a crime to even put him up there with the Maradonas, Zidanes, Ronaldos (pre-injuries), Cruyfs, Peles and other former greats.

He's such a lazy and sulky player as well, Luque puts him to shame, and so ineffective centrally. Yes he has 10 goals for Arsenal this season, and is a good player, a very good one on his day, but Chopra has 21 goals or something FFS.

I honestly wouldn't have him in my dream team, Arsenal should cash in and buy a more effective and productive players with the money. He'd bomb in any other League IMO.

frank lebouf once said darren huckerby was better than michael owen

He was wrong about that.

he won the world cup.

What a crazy time! That's something we'll never forget...

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6032/huckercupok4.jpg

I'd like to quote this post anonymously that someone quickly deleted. They know who they are.

Am i the only one to see where the guys coming from... he wouldn't be in my Premiership XI anyway

:lol:

I'd like to quote this post anonymously that someone quickly deleted. They know who they are.

Am i the only one to see where the guys coming from... he wouldn't be in my Premiership XI anyway

Taylor27.

I've watched him a number of times now over the past 12 months or so and he has been disappointing in the main and nowhere near the player he once was . He looks uninterested, has lost some pace and has become a parody of himself. I thought he has  been s**** all season, utter crap. Best player in the world my arse. Great skills, great individualism, but not a great player, and he never has been. A great player can do it week in week out, over the course of a career, at any level (Henry has never convinced me at WC level or even CL level, despite one or two high profile goals), not in patches and over the course of a 8 or so year period. He's massively overrated and it is a crime to even put him up there with the Maradonas, Zidanes, Ronaldos (pre-injuries), Cruyfs, Peles and other former greats.

He's such a lazy and sulky player as well, Luque puts him to shame, and so ineffective centrally. Yes he has 10 goals for Arsenal this season, and is a good player, a very good one on his day, but Chopra has 21 goals or something FFS.

I honestly wouldn't have him in my dream team, Arsenal should cash in and buy a more effective and productive players with the money. He'd bomb in any other League IMO.

I've never thought he has been worthy of his status. Great players impose themselves on games. He has the skills, but not the desire, consistently.

For the last few years, the one player I would take in the world for Newcastle would be Bellamy, he is much better.

Henry simply can't compare with Gazza, Waddle, Beardsley for instance, all locally born England internationals sold when we had a really shit board with no ambition. He isn't in the same league as those players.

Remaining anonymous, but to prevent speculation i'll tell you you're wrong. No more answers from me though.

I'll own up  :blush:

but seriously he wouldn't be in my premiership XI

Guest super_shay1

I've watched him a number of times now over the past 12 months or so and he has been disappointing in the main and nowhere near the player he once was . He looks uninterested, has lost some pace and has become a parody of himself. I thought he has  been s**** all season, utter crap. Best player in the world my arse. Great skills, great individualism, but not a great player, and he never has been. A great player can do it week in week out, over the course of a career, at any level (Henry has never convinced me at WC level or even CL level, despite one or two high profile goals), not in patches and over the course of a 8 or so year period. He's massively overrated and it is a crime to even put him up there with the Maradonas, Zidanes, Ronaldos (pre-injuries), Cruyfs, Peles and other former greats.

Don't see how Luque puts him to shame like, that's just crazy and yeah Chopra has got 21 goals but just in the championship, it can't be that hard. Henry is stil class imo and probably most other people's opinions too.

Don't see how Luque puts him to shame like, that's just crazy and yeah Chopra has got 21 goals but just in the championship, it can't be that hard. Henry is stil class imo and probably most other people's opinions too.

:jesuswept:

Remaining anonymous, but to prevent speculation i'll tell you you're wrong. No more answers from me though.

I'll own up  :blush:

but seriously he wouldn't be in my premiership XI

I'm with chip he is drastically overrated especially this season he has held Arsenal back at times. He just doesn't look like he gives a shit.

Can be class but his class is based to individually.

wwwwwwwwwwwww

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oooooooooooooooo

sssssssssssssssssss

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Drogba would definitely be in my current prem 11, the other striker im not so sure. It would probably be Henry actually even though he hasn't quite been himself those 2 would be immense together imo, although an inform Rooney....

Guest Knightrider

The difference between Ronaldinho and Henry is the Frenchman is consistent and has done it over the course of his career, he is a far more effective player than Ronaldinho in my opinion.

For anyone who doesn't quite understand, the joke here is that 'Jonny2J' has typed a few things he doesn't mean, and then waited to see what other people say about that. Brilliant!

The difference between Ronaldinho and Henry is the Frenchman is consistent and has done it over the course of his career, he is a far more effective player than Ronaldinho in my opinion.

But then youre judging Ronaldinho on his international and CL performances, as opposed to Henry in the Premiership.

Both at their best were immense in La Liga and the Premiership respectively, the difference is that Ronaldinho at his best also carried that into CL and international games, and especially the big crunch games, whereas Henry was regularly dissappointing at a higher level outside the Premiership, and within it regularly failed to play well in the big domestic games, hence the choker label that hes only really managed to shake off to an extent last season (decent CL and World Cup run).