Setanta and the Prem next year

Decky

Still cant believe this is the future home of Prem football. You have to suscribe to Setanta now, you cant get PPV anymore, not only that but im sure if you dont have cable then you need to get SKY in before you get it? or else if you have Freeview you need to upgrade to TopUpTV which is £200 then £9.99 at month after that. Its dear as f*** getting the Premiership in next season  :knuppel2: is there NO WAY you can get Setanta on Freeview without TopUpTV?

Not sure about SKY, they have lost alot of games, they are still about £25 - £30 a month for the sports and you still only get two sports channels, plus IIRC they have only shown 2 Newcastle games so far in 2007? thats shocking

Not sure about SKY, they have lost alot of games, they are still about £25 - £30 a month for the sports and you still only get two sports channels, plus IIRC they have only shown 2 Newcastle games so far in 2007? thats shocking

Lost a lot of games? :lol:

Still showing 92.

Actually, surely Sky will have to do away with Prem Plus now? If not, you'd only get like 50 games for your normal sub.

I think that's the deal. PremPlus is dead after this season. If you want Setanta you have to subscribe in addition to SkySports to get an equivalent amount of footie on your telly next season. Rip off?

Also while on the subject isnt it strange that its illegal for a UK TV station to broadcast live Premiership football at 3pm, yet the 3pm kicks offs can be shown anywhere else in the world, even Ireland, i get the Irish stations and use them :lol: Ive always wondered why that was

Also while on the subject isnt it strange that its illegal for a UK TV station to broadcast live Premiership football at 3pm, yet the 3pm kicks offs can be shown anywhere else in the world, even Ireland, i get the Irish stations and use them :lol: Ive always wondered why that was

Partly to try and preserve attendances.

GM, do you mean that Prem Plus IS going? In that case it's just going to be the same (depending on what Setanta are going to charge); set number of matches on Sky and the rest an option.

Actually, surely Sky will have to do away with Prem Plus now? If not, you'd only get like 50 games for your normal sub.

I think that's the deal. PremPlus is dead after this season. If you want Setanta you have to subscribe in addition to SkySports to get an equivalent amount of footie on your telly next season. Rip off?

Definately, the price you pay for a 'sport' these days is a joke and to think the FA are fighting to ban live games in Pubs that come from foriegn channels, the word monoply springs to mind

GM, do you mean that Prem Plus IS going? In that case it's just going to be the same (depending on what Setanta are going to charge); set number of matches on Sky and the rest an option.

its gets worse doesnt it, at least Prem Plus was PPV, Setanta isnt, so to get both you need two subscriptions costing from £35 to £40, joke

I paid for any Newcastle games, only is about 3 a season, and i wouldnt watch the rest so £50 isnt worth it, i would have done the same with Setanta but they changed to subscription :(

Guest Invicta_Toon

stop your moaning you big tarts. The EU did this for your benefit, you should be gratefull

Not crystal clear on this one mate, I have seen the awful ads on TV up here in Scotland where it's pitched as "Yay! We've got the SPL and if you "have" to watch the English (*spit*) matches we've got some of them too - Come on SCOTLAND!!!" etc etc etc ... but I'm pretty sure that the prices they were talking about would mean I'd but looking at about £55 a month minimum compared with the £40 odds I pay now? Can always try and check the prices and confirm...

EDIT: I see you've already got on the case, Dave...  O0

stop your moaning you big tarts. The EU did this for your benefit, you should be gratefull

Same as the directory enquiries bullshit. Great, competition for BT! Now it costs a fortune! Excellent!

Yeah, its all to do with attendances. Lower league clubs fear that if the top sides were shown on TV at 3pm on a Saturday their attendances would be affected.

Its not new, back when Radio broadcasting began in 1927 their were similar fears (even though it was radio and not TV), and the radio broadcasting of league games stopped soon afterwards, and lasted until the 1960s, when the radio ban was lifted and the fear moved towards TV.

Same as the directory enquiries bullshit. Great, competition for BT! Now it costs a fortune! Excellent!

this eez true. Anyway, I bet you Sentanta is 200 times more rip offable than Prem+. I may get it if im still at home just because i like American Football and it has all that College football... probably not if they list 40 Aston Villa vs Wigan level matches.

this eez true. Anyway, I bet you Sentanta is 200 times more rip offable than Prem+. I may get it if im still at home just because i like American Football and it has all that College football... probably not if they list 40 Aston Villa vs Wigan level matches.

College Football? You mean, like, with college cheerleaders? ^-^

Well... im assuming they'll be at the sidelines yes, but i've never seen it cos i dont have Setanta!

If it's got college cheerleaders, I think I'll be subscribing to it, and ordering a bumper pack of Kleenex.

Well... im assuming they'll be at the sidelines yes, but i've never seen it cos i dont have Setanta!

If it's got college cheerleaders, I think I'll be subscribing to it, and ordering a bumper pack of Kleenex.

i'll do some vital "research" tonight and get back to you. Gimme 5, maybe even 10 minutes.

Did anyone else think of what happend to ITV digital, when they heard that Setanta had won the rights?

I really don't see that many people subscribing to them, clubs need to be cautious about the tv deal as there has to be a doubt as to whether Setanta will be able to pay all the money back.