Finally a trophy (or a Plaque) after 38 years

Guest SLK

O0

Newcastle will be presented with a plaque ahead of the AZ game for their success in the Intertoto Cup.

The Magpies have been deemed to have won the Intertoto Cup as they have survived longer in the Uefa Cup than any of the other entrants.

And Roeder said: "It is not to be mocked. If there was no Intertoto Cup competition, we would not be here today.

"We needed that competition to get into the Uefa Cup and it would be terribly disrespectful, no matter how small a competition is, to knock it.

"If there is a plaque to be given, why not give it to Newcastle? I am sure Scott Parker will be very happy to accept it."

I wish people would just shut up about it. I thought there was actually a trophy anyway? OK, it's nice to get given an accolade - but it just ain't a trophy, i wish there was no such thing. It isn't silverware.

I wish people would just shut up about it. I thought there was actually a trophy anyway? OK, it's nice to get given an accolade - but it just ain't a trophy, i wish there was no such thing. It isn't silverware.

Its probably not made of silver ;) but its an ackowledgment that NUFC had won something...

I think very few people actually consider it a proper trophy though. Very much tongue in cheek.

I think very few people actually consider it a proper trophy though. Very much tongue in cheek.

Exactly, and not just by us. When it's been mentioned on the likes of Football Focus, it's been said with a cheeky, sarcastic smile by the respective presenters. Like i say, definitely nice to get an accolade, but it's taking the mick a little bit. That's what i don't like about it.

Its probably not made of silver ;) but its an ackowledgment that NUFC had won something...

Not really. The 1st Division title in our promotion season means more than that.

Guest Bramble OG

Iam worried the celebrations of the players getting this before kickoff will effect our game tonite.

Guest Wally_McFool

It maybe a disused lager pump, but its our disused lager pump.  :coolsmiley:

http://www.juventus.com/fe_images/coppa_intertoto.gif

Iam worried the celebrations of the players getting this before kickoff will effect our game tonite.

Jumping up and down, champagne corks flying.

What's the odds Dyer falls victim to a freak confetti-in-the-eye incident?

:lol: