Hitzfeld

alpal78

Did magnificently well to turn Madrid over two legs. Bayern will go far in the CL under his guidance, won't be surprise if they actually win it. Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

Can't see how that is laughable because it is totally moot given our current managerial predicament.

Did magnificently well to turn Madrid over two legs. Bayern will go far in the CL under his guidance, won't be surprise if they actually win it. Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

When did Hitzfield come back from holidays ? Is he actually back with Bayern again ? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN ?

When did Hitzfield come back from holidays ? Is he actually back with Bayern again ? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN ?

:D

Guest Gemmill

Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted O'Neil over Hitzfeld, laughable really  mackems.gif

Did they?

Not so much arsed about people wanting X over Hitzfeld anymore, as it just never happened and bleeting on about it all the time is simply kind of sad. That said, I'm chuffed Ottmar returned and proved the utter morons (you know who you are) wrong that thought because he'd been out of the game for about 3 years, he'd suddenly lost all his talent and skills to manage a top football side.

Guest WalkervilleMag

well he is only taking temporary charge of Bayern until the summer.    If we have a bad end to the season, then surley Glenn will go.  So maybe 2nd time lucky with Hitzfeld ??

well he is only taking temporary charge of Bayern until the summer.     If we have a bad end to the season, then surley Glenn will go.  So maybe 2nd time lucky with Hitzfeld ??

Someone should do something. I dunno. a campaign or something.

Once he realises 5 or 6 toon fans from around the world think he will come here, he's BOUND to want to manage us.

If the campaigners can make up some shit about hom much he reaspects NUFC or the fans, and how much he wants to manage in the Premiership (preferably at an average-sized club with pnly 3 or 4 top class players), that'd be good too. Cheers.

The main question mark over Hitzfeld was his ability and willingness, at his age, to adapt to a completely different challenge in an unfamiliar country, when all his experience as a player and manager had been in the Swiss and German leagues. Nothing has changed there.

He's been away from management for two years, and the only post he'd take was a temporary one back on his old familiar territory. Perhaps I'm one of the morons, but that doesn't sound like a man who's eager for a fresh challenge.

I think all you Hitzfeld followers have missed the point yet again.

Guest Gemmill

That said, I'm chuffed Ottmar returned and proved the utter morons (you know who you are) wrong that thought because he'd been out of the game for about 3 years, he'd suddenly lost all his talent and skills to manage a top football side.

Did anybody actually say that?

That said, I'm chuffed Ottmar returned and proved the utter morons (you know who you are) wrong that thought because he'd been out of the game for about 3 years, he'd suddenly lost all his talent and skills to manage a top football side.

Did anybody actually say that?

I recall some people going "Hitzfeld, to US??? <snigger>".....but not because he wasn't good enough for us.

Guest Gemmill

Hitzfeld has already said he will not stay at Byern, and that he will be going back to his job doing football  commentating on TV.

Lazy.  That's what he is.  A lazy, lazy man.

Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted us to wait until after the world cup to chase after a manager who isn't interested in getting back into management full time, laughable really  mackems.gif

Guest Geordiesned

The likihood is that he would never have joined us anyway. What annoyed me at the time was the way that Shepherd and his mouthpiece Anal Oliver completly dismissed him as they didn't want another Johny Foreigner in charge.

Can't believe so many Toon fans wanted us to wait until after the world cup to chase after a manager who isn't interested in getting back into management full time, laughable really  mackems.gif

He's never said that he's not interested in getting back into football, he's probably doing the same as Roeder when he was caretaker here.

The laughable thing for me is that people actually wanted Roeder as manager. mackems.gif

The likihood is that he would never have joined us anyway. What annoyed me at the time was the way that Shepherd and his mouthpiece Anal Oliver completly dismissed him as they didn't want another Johny Foreigner in charge.

It would have been nice to have tried and failed.

Guest Gemmill

You did. :lol: ;)

Guest Knightrider

It wouldn't surprise me if Bayern went on to win the Champions League, regardless of the Hitzfeld factor, you can't write zee Jorman's off. Great game last night BTW, and how poor are Madrid these days? A few years back they had stars all over the park but today they look very average to say the least at this level.

Can't believe how self-congratulatory you're being over a straw man argument, but there you go.

How do you know we didn't try and he just simply told us to f*ck off?

How do you know we didn't try and he just simply told us to f*ck off?

The horses mouth although he could have done something after this.  Do you think that he did approach him?

http://www.nufcmismanagement.info/shepherd-scam1.html

Freddy hitz out at bets on boss

By Mark Buckingham , 19 Feb 2006

Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd insists there are no plans to ask Ottmar Hitzfeld to be the club's new manager.

Shepherd is undertaking the quest to find Graeme Souness' successor on Tyneside, with Glenn Roeder currently in caretaker charge.

The likes of Martin O'Neill, Sam Allardyce and Paul Jewell have been linked with the role, while Hitzfeld's name was thrown into the fray earlier in the week.

Reports had claimed that the former Bayern Munich coach was heading to the North East for a meeting with Shepherd. But Shepherd has reacted frostily to the speculation and believes the rumours are being engineered as part of a betting coup.

The Magpies supremo remains committed to taking his time before appointing Souness' replacement and is adamant Hitzfeld is not under consideration.

"There have been stories sweeping Tyneside about who I'm supposed to be meeting and where," said Shepherd. "It is highly organised and designed to make people a lot of money. "There was even a 'leaked' full colour brochure doing the rounds in Newcastle which laid out Ottmar Hitzfeld's CV and his record as a manager. "It's amazing the lengths people will go to to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job. "But I can state here and now that there has been no approach to Hitzfeld and there are no plans to approach him. "I've said all along we will take our time over this appointment. We've rushed into things before and we've made mistakes, I admit that. "That's not the case this time. Glenn Roeder is an excellent caretaker, a really safe pair of hands, so we can afford to make sure we appoint the right man without the necessity of being hurried into it."