What players do you want from Charlton, Westham & Watford if they go down?

Guest SLK

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Delima man, you never fail to crack me up.

Glad that I entertain you ;)

When wanting a player I don't necessary think the player must be better than our current one. Potential and need of cover weigh a lot in my calculation.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

And if we're talking City players, Samaras, Barton, Distin and Corradi. :D

Distin is walking anyway.

Samaras will be off home (Not got the bottle to play in theis league unfortunately)

Barton could end up at Newcastle, Everton, Villa

Corradi is f****** s**** and will be off to Italy to play for someone s****.

Richards to Chelsea.

Isaksson to anyone that will give him a game (And he'll be ace)

Trabelsi to disappear to someone with a fat wallet

Beasley back to PSV altho no-one will notice

Vassel to whoever gets promoted (not Birmingham)

Dunne to whoever makes a silly offer of far more than he's worth.

Happy days  :'(

PS: I thought Liverpool have signed Mascherano permemantly from MSI, thats the reason there's no Premier League charge for them for playing him...

Samaras isn't ready to go back to Greece quite yet IMHO.  He had an interview in a Greek paper recently stating that he would end his career in Greece but he will only play for OFI (being from Crete and all) and not any of the bigger teams.  But he is too young for that.  Will follow in the steps of Machlas...

As said before my mate (West Ham season ticket holder) thinks Spector is absolutely shocking! Fatty Reid has scored a couple of good goals for them but isnt good enough. Shittu is a poor mans Bramble.

why on earth ANYONE would want andy reid or jonothan spector here is beyond me.

i cant comment on shittu, i havnt seen enough of him.

i would take :

west ham -ashton, tevez, neill, reo-coker, anton ferdinand at a push

charlton - bent

watford - no-one

As said before my mate (West Ham season ticket holder) thinks Spector is absolutely shocking! Fatty Reid has scored a couple of good goals for them but isnt good enough. Shittu is a poor mans Bramble.

Which West Ham player (apart from the injured one) hasn't been shocking this season? Even Tevez has only scored 1 goal in many games, very shocking by his standard. I think Fatty Reid could be a useful squad player, Shittu I am having second thought now.

Out of 21 players you only critised 3. Surprised that your Delima bashing valve isn't fully opened this time!

The fact that my mate completely went off on a rant about Spector the night before we played spurs says it all. As you said the whole team have been quite poor so for him to focus on one player says a lot imo. Tevez has only scored 1 and took a while to adapt but even so we have often seen his true class.

In regards to only bashing 3 players, some I havent seen enough of and some I agree with hence I have only commented on 3 players. The fact you keep bringing up Spector makes me laugh (being ex ManU and all ;) ) and the night my mate started slating him (sadly enough) I thought of your posts on this forum about him. Next time im out with him I will ask to give his proper opinion on him and even bring up the fact that the whole team have been playing shite and see what he has to say to that, my guess though is that he will still think he is one of the worst players they have.

I don't know why would your mate pick Spector out of the many players. Maybe because he is young. Maybe because he is new. Maybe because he is cheap.

But it must be quite sad for your mate to concentrate on Spector. He is only a right back, hardly the most influential player on the pitch. He also hardly puts little effort in his works, nor he has made silly blunders after blunders, nor him part of the Baby Bentley group.

Maybe after 5 years Spector will just be another player plying his trade in the championship. For now if I were the manager I am willing to take him and develop him.

People still not getting that Upson is a crock then? ;)

02/03 = 29 starts / 1 sub

03/04 = 37 starts / 2 sub

04/05 = 40 starts / 1 sub

05/06 = 29 starts / 0 sub

06/07 = 13 starts / 1 sub

Granted, this season he hasn't played a lot at all, and last season wasn't perfect for him, but 139 games in 4 full seasons isn't too bad (averages out at 35 games a season, well 34.75 to be precise.) Surely not all the games he's missed were through injury, as well.

All-in-all, even including this season so far, he's averaged 28 games a year, still not too bad when there's a chance he might play again before the season is out. Can't help but think that they rushed him back, like we often did with Taylor, etc. when Souness was here, which is why he broke down against Spurs.

By that logic, how many players aren't "crocks" these days? Loads of players get bad injuries.

A funny segment from Wikipedia:

Personal

Matthew Upson is rumoured to be the long term partner of Pop Idol winner and pop star, Will Young.

Is this well known!?

As said given all the other tossers at WHU he could target it is concerning he targets Spector. tbh the last thing we need is a full back who MAY become a good player in a few years.

In regards to Upson its not just his injuries that worry me, even if he played every game of the season imo he isn't worth what West Ham paid for him. He looked good next to an experienced partner (Cunningham) but hasn't looked nearly as good (again imo) over the last couple of years. England caps once upon a time have again boosted a players price.

Guest Phil K

Actually, Rommendahl was a good player.

Ashton , damn right. Have him like a shot. 'Course - players coming back from a long term injury may never be half the player they were. Even Shearer was 60% the player he was after the pre-season injury. (Still better than 95% of other players though !)

As for the rest of the WHU players, they have so many pay-off obsessed lazy parasites you would be taking a hell of a risk.

Tevez is a good risk

I thought Ambrose might have turned out as a damned good player. He definitely had the ability, and he was versatile. Bobby treated him right i think, he used him fairly sparingly and he progressed quite nicely for a while. Souness killed him and Milner. In that season though, where we finished 14th, Ambrose had a period where he played a few games and was class. I wasn't surprised to see him go, but i think we missed out there really. The likes of him and Milner would have progressed nicely under Bobby. That's why he brought them in - he knew they'd be good players.

Too late for Ambrose now, though. Wouldn't take him back.

Oh and...

West Ham: Lucas Neill, Yossi Benayoun, Nigel Reo-Coker*, Dean Ashton, Carlos Tevez

Charlton: Darren Bent

Watford: No ta

*One of those who i think could develop under the right coach. I think Roeder knows how to get the best out of players and NRC is still young. Just needs a new start imo. Would never pay over £5m for him though and i'd certainly prefer others over him first.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Delima man, you never fail to crack me up.

Glad that I entertain you ;)

When wanting a player I don't necessary think the player must be better than our current one. Potential and need of cover weigh a lot in my calculation.

And yet I'd put money on that you've never seen some of those players play. Avinel for example hasn't got a squad number, he's played one first team game in his life, for a French second division side, and none for Watford. But you'd snap him up. :lol:

Makes you wonder why these clubs are all going down with such a long list of stars. :lol:

Recollection of opinions.

And that Avinel (which I think I put it in accidentally in copying and pasting names) apart, most Watford fans should have seen others quite a few times already.

Recollection of opinions.

And that Avinel (which I think I put it in accidentally in copying and pasting names) apart, most Watford fans should have seen others quite a few times already.

Hoskins and Mariappa have 13 appearances between them, yet you'd sign them for Newcastle United. Again, interesting. Have you actually seen either of these players play?

For next season we need LB,RB,CB,CM,CF so...

West Ham

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Lucas Neill

CB-Matthew Upson

CM-Nigel Reo-Coker

CF-Dean Ashton

Charlton

RB-Luke Young

CF-Darren Bent

Watford

none

From all these players i'll pick Konchesky,Neil,Upson(we can find someone better at CB),NRC and Ashton(im not too sure about him because of all the injuries he had recently)

West Ham: Reo-Coker, Ashton, Benayoun, Upson

Charlton: Young, maybe Bent (but not for the 32942903482094823094 pounds that charlton will probably demand)

Watford: I don't know... Jay Demerit? Might take a punt on Marlon King if he comes cheap

We have a fair bit of potential at the back already, if we were going after someone with potential I would rather it be someone who has potential and is playing well than someone who apparently has potential but is looking one of the worst of an already poor bunch!