£48m divorce payout.

Parky

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/07/ndivorce07.xml

"An ex-wife who is defending a record £48 million divorce award against a challenge by her former husband will tell the Court of Appeal today that family assets should generally be divided equally between the breadwinner and the homemaker when a marriage breaks down.

Lawyers for Beverley Charman, 53, will argue that fairness demands an equal division of assets built up by the parties to a marriage.

Beverly and John Charman outside the High Court yesterday

Martin Pointer, QC, who will also represent Heather Mills McCartney in her forthcoming divorce, accepts that courts should still have some discretion in dividing a couple's assets."

Ridiculous imo. I see Macca is up next....His assets are close to One bilion....!!

Homemaker what is that about? Sit around drinking Gin and watching neighbours and maxing gold cards these witches. :knuppel2:

On the radio the other day the lawyer for the husband was saying that £20m should have been enough for 'living expenses'. What planet do these people live on where £20m isn't enough to live with?

On the radio the other day the lawyer for the husband was saying that £20m should have been enough for 'living expenses'. What planet do these people live on where £20m isn't enough to live with?

Macca up next. Now HE should get fleeced. ;)

That reminds me of my favourite celebrity wife, the bride of wildenstein

http://www.parsiblog.com/PhotoAlbum/negar17/wildenstein.jpg

Can you guess what her hobby is?   :icon_biggrin:

Scrabble? :D

Good comment on this very matter by India Knight in her latest Sunday Times column. Can't be arsed to find it though.

Guest Gemmill

So he's offered her £20m but she's holding out for £48m?  Greedy fucking bitch.

Re Wildenstein's hobbies - boxing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the couple were married a long time before the fortune was accumulated and she was awarded a lot less than 50% of the total value.

Heather Mills is a money grabbing bitch, but this lass brought up a family for 27 years and I think she's well entitled to what she was awarded.

It's always put on the wife..."well it's not like she'll go hungry", but then it's not like he will either is it?

Watching Bo Selecta?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the couple were married a long time before the fortune was accumulated and she was awarded a lot less than 50% of the total value.

Heather Mills is a money grabbing bitch, but this lass brought up a family for 27 years and I think she's well entitled to what she was awarded.

It's always put on the wife..."well it's not like she'll go hungry", but then it's not like he will either is it?

From what I heard on the radio he claimed that a large amount of the money wasn't actually 'theirs' but 'his' alone.

From what I heard on the radio he claimed that a large amount of the money wasn't actually 'theirs' but 'his' alone.

With this ring I thee wed, and all my worldly goods I thee endow isn't legally binding, but I think it's an ethos that should stand.

Mebeez I'm living in the past.

With this ring I thee wed, and all my worldly goods I thee endow isn't legally binding, but I think it's an ethos that should stand.

I'd tend to agree with you, but obviously divorces are rarely easy to agree on.

Watching Bo Selecta?

She really should've done something about her neck.  It's a dead give away she's had some sort of procedure  :icon_biggrin:

Maybe I'm missing some delicate irony but.....the Wildenstein wealth was all inherited and I doubt she has ever lifted a finger to do anything beyond directing her servants and planning her next excellent surgical procedure.  She claimed at the original trial that it would be impossible to survive without a phalanx of servants (presumably to run through the house hiding the mirrors as she moves from room to room), thus needing a huge amount of money to keep the whole damn party going  :tongue2:

Maybe I'm missing some delicate irony but.....the Wildenstein wealth was all inherited and I doubt she has ever lifted a finger to do anything beyond directing her servants and planning her next excellent surgical procedure.  She claimed at the original trial that it would be impossible to survive without a phalanx of servants (presumably to run through the house hiding the mirrors as she moves from room to room), thus needing a huge amount of money to keep the whole damn party going  :tongue2:

I was talking about the charman couple, not that hound.

I'd tend to agree with you, but obviously divorces are rarely easy to agree on.

There should be some upper limit on these payouts. Especially in the cases where the marriage has only lasted a few years.