Iraq now has worlds largest private occupation army.

Parky

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=11242

"The demand for a private security force in Iraq has increased since the war ended, said officials with the CPA, the U.S.-led authority that is running the occupation of Iraq. There are about 20,000 private security contractors in Iraq now, including Americans, Iraqis and other foreigners. That number is expected to grow to 30,000 in the near future when the U.S. troop presence is drawn down after the June 30 handover to Iraqi authorities."

The thing is they don't come under any kind of international law of war as they are private entities.

Iraq for sale.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6621486727392146155

Fisk article.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5976.htm

EEyerak doesn't have the private army Parky

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It's western mercenaries who have the army - the poor bloody iraqis have nowt to protect them

I take it you didn't read the links fella. :rolleyes:

Guest optimistic nit

a guy i know who used to live in irak told me recently that in his opinion (more likely his fathers) the country needed someone like saddam to control the various factions and that when he was removed this chaos was always going to break out. The guys a fundamentalist christian (something i didn't find out until that conversation incidently, as he doesn't exactly have bible basher tattooed on his forehead) so i've taken what he said with a pinch of salt, but i wouldn't mind the opinion about this from someone who actually knows about the situation. Lads?

The thing is Iraq isn't one country in the conventional sense. It has tribal and reiligious divisions with Shia and Sunni Islam as well as the Kurds. And of course there are still elements of the old Saddamist Baath party with a stronghold around Tirkrit. There is some truth in the fact that it was the dictators brutality that held all this together. I think soon the Kurds will get independance from Iraq.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The thing is Iraq isn't one country in the conventional sense. It has tribal and reiligious divisions with Shia and Sunni Islam as well as the Kurds. And of course there are still elements of the old Saddamist Baath party with a stronghold around Tirkrit. There is some truth in the fact that it was the dictators brutality that held all this together. I think soon the Kurds will get independance from Iraq.

this bull is becoming a convenient excuse. plenty of other countries exist with constituent religous/cultural/ethnic groups, why can't Iraqis I ask?

this bull is becoming a convenient excuse. plenty of other countries exist with constituent religous/cultural/ethnic groups, why can't Iraqis I ask?

Err...Cause they don't want to? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

exactly. backwards tbh

exactly. backwards tbh

Savages to the last! :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

exactly. backwards tbh

definitely the shallow end of the gene pool

EEyerak doesn't have the private army Parky

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It's western mercenaries who have the army - the poor bloody iraqis have nowt to protect them

I take it you didn't read the links fella. :rolleyes:

never use links on here TBH - they sometimes take you to career threatening sites............

exactly. backwards tbh

thats the pity - Iraquis were the best educated, least religous peopel int eh Middle East and we've turned it into a wasteland of religous lunatics