Solano for Manager

gray

"There is no need to panic. We need to play football," explained Solano.

"You cannot play long balls to Kieron and Oba because they are quite small.

"That's why we must be positive, play through the midfield and use the ball intelligently. From there, we can create chances.

"We did not score against Boro, but we know that we have to score tonight to get through."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=452941&CPID=6&clid=4&lid=&title=Solano:+No+need+to+panic

Anyone got Glenn's email?

"There is no need to panic. We need to play football," explained Solano.

"You cannot play long balls to Kieron and Oba because they are quite small.

"That's why we must be positive, play through the midfield and use the ball intelligently. From there, we can create chances.

"We did not score against Boro, but we know that we have to score tonight to get through."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=452941&CPID=6&clid=4&lid=&title=Solano:+No+need+to+panic

Anyone got Glenn's email?

Shows more tactical knowledge than our current  manager. Nol and Shearer ftw!

• 1 year later...

Solano for manager

FORMER Newcastle United favourite Nobby Solano has revealed that he was "shocked and disappointed" to be shown the door by West Ham United.

And while he admits to looking for a new club in England he knows that he will not be coming back to St James’s Park.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has released Solano but the former United man is still very much involved for his country.

Indeed, he rang me from Chicago this week where Peru were beaten 4-0 by Mexico in a friendly on Sunday night.

He is now back in Peru preparing for the World Cup qualifiers with Colombia in Lima on Saturday and Uruguay in Montevideo on Tuesday night.

And he told me: “When the West Ham manager spoke to me and said that he was allowing me to go I was shocked and disappointed.

“I think the reason he has let me go is that he has plenty of other players at Upton Park who can play on the right, like my former Newcastle colleagues Kieron Dyer and Lee Bowyer.

“So now I am looking for another club and I hope to stay in England for another two years, and after that I will return to Peru.

“Everybody knows what I feel about Newcastle and those fans, but it would be difficult me to ever return there.

“The reason I was forced to leave Newcastle was because of family reasons and this situation has not changed.

“But one day I might be back at Newcastle – as manager!”

Meanwhile, Solano is backing United’s current manager Kevin Keegan to bring the good times back to St James’s Park.

He added: “If there is one man who can turn things round at St James’s then it is Kevin Keegan.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/12/nobby-rules-out-emotional-united-return-72703-21062670/

I'd want him to play Trumpet solo's in the center circle before the match as old former players link hands and form a circle around him before he takes charge of every match!

I'd go f***ing nuts at that!

Guest thenorthumbrian

Everyone likes to see good passing from midfield  - which Nobby was great at - but we have Smith, Butt, Barton, and Geremi to pick from and they are all medioicre passers of a football.

We desprately need a couple of decent ball players in that part of the pitch.