Luis van Gaal

James

This guys been quite vocal about our club and our tradition, and his experiences with the club, even talking at length to .cock about it.

He obviously has deep knowledge and deep respect for Newcastle United.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that hes gone and put himself in the shop window, so that people inside our own club ie Shepherd will put him at the top of the list of possible foreign managers if Roeder was to depart sometime in the near future.

I wish, Van Gaal is one of the very best. But you've got to understand that the guy taught Mourinho about how to deal with the press(Jose was his assistant at Barca), Mourinho looks humble next to Van Gaal.

Also i'm not sure how well he'd get on with Shepherd, he's anything but a yes man and can be quite outspoken.

Guest Knightrider

He compiles indepth reports on every team, so it is no surprise that he knows a lot about us, nowt in it IMO, although I think he'd love to manage in the Premiership. Great coach but read some of the stuff about his time at Barca, the man's a mentalist and would confuse the hell out of our lot with his technical demands and weird formations.

Guest Gemmill

I wonder what Van Gaal would think to selling around 12 of our first team squad and replacing them with 3 world class players.  Eh, T27? :razz:

Guest Gemmill

Would the board go foreign again after Gullit?

Would the board go English again after Roeder? Or Scottish after Dalglish?

We should get Garth Crooks in.  Once you've gone black, you never go back.

He compiles indepth reports on every team, so it is no surprise that he knows a lot about us, nowt in it IMO, although I think he'd love to manage in the Premiership. Great coach but read some of the stuff about his time at Barca, the man's a mentalist and would confuse the hell out of our lot with his technical demands and weird formations.

Good job he forgot to tell Sergi not to push too high up the pitch against that fast Northern Irish lad eh. ;)

Guest Kenton Magpie

was outclassed by Roeders tactics last night, mind that is not saying much as managers can get it wrong

was outclassed by Roeders tactics last night, mind that is not saying much as managers can get it wrong

He was very naive in his tactics yesterday, he put far too many attacking players out.

Still though...

* 1 x Champions League: 1994/1995

* 1 x Intercontinental Cup: 1994/1995

* 1 x UEFA Cup: 1991/1992

* 2 x European Supercup: 1995/1996, 1997/1998

* 3 x Dutch Eredivisie: 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1995/1996

* 1 x Dutch Cup: 1992/1993

* 3 x Dutch Super Cup: 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1995/1996

* 2 x Spanish League: 1997/1998, 1998/1999

* 1 x Spanish Cup: 1997/1998

All done with sexy football.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Those facts arent required to work out who the better manager is if you know your football

Guest Kenton Magpie

Got the impression those facts have been brought up in order to prove to me who the better of the two managers is!

Got the impression those fact have been brought up in order to prove to me who the better of the two managers is!

No, everyone knows who the better manager is. I'm just slightly huffed that AZ can sign a manager with a top class record and can't/won't.

He was very naive in his tactics yesterday, he put far too many attacking players out.

Agree...

I dont think its so much there defense that is so weak.

Its the space in between the Midfield and the Defense that is there big weakness, something that we exploited so well with Butt and Parker consistently breaking there play up and setting attacks off fast.

I think its very much to do with Van Gaal going with so many Attacking midfielders like you said that has cost them so much in the first leg.

From what i saw Boukhari roming off the Left and Martens roming from Attacking midfield and Jenner on the Right all looked like very much attacking players who when things got broken up were not prepared to track back and left De Zeeuw their holder and back 4 with way way too much to do.

I feel we are going to get goals over in Alkmaar i have no doubt about it.

They have conceded 2 goals every home match in this seasons Uefa Cup.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Got the impression those fact have been brought up in order to prove to me who the better of the two managers is!

No, everyone knows who the better manager is. I'm just slightly huffed that AZ can sign a manager with a top class record and can't/won't.

a dutch manager wanting to manage a dutch team rather the mighty newcastle united

who'd of thought it