Everest

Guest Knightrider

I fancy a go - but its tough to raise the $$ so that  you can get aaalll them shorpas to carry me in me chair, the heater and the crates of beer.....................

Any climbers on the forum?

Only indoor stuff, and whilst previously I had a rather arsehole attitude to it and the people that did it (especially when I was a teenager), it was immense fun and a great way of staying in shape. Not been in about 6 months though. People always throw things like swimming at you, if you want to get in/stay in shape, but I find it hilariously boring. There's something about climbing that is, well, a lot less boring, and a lot more challenging and rewarding.

I've done indoor climbing once on a school trip thing and it was ace. Fingers killed afterwards though.

There's a big wall near me in Leeds that I fancied going to once but it's expensive to get trained enough to be able to do what you want.

I've done indoor climbing once on a school trip thing and it was ace. Fingers killed afterwards though.

There's a big wall near me in Leeds that I fancied going to once but it's expensive to get trained enough to be able to do what you want.

Get someone that is trained to go with you, would they allow that? I've yet to be "trained", in any way other than trying it out, but they always let me in cause I'm with someone that knows what they're doing. May be a total different set of rules at your joint, though.

The place I go is in some old chapel, very well done to be fair. Shame it's smack bang in the middle of Ibrox/Govan-ish area.

Get someone that is trained to go with you, would they allow that?  I've yet to be "trained", in any way other than trying it out, but they always let me in cause I'm with someone that knows what they're doing.  May be a total different set of rules at your joint, though. 

The place I go is in some old chapel, very well done to be fair.  Shame it's smack bang in the middle of Ibrox/Govan-ish area.

I was just about to recommend you there in case you were interested :D Got a relation (by marriage) who frequents the place.

Get someone that is trained to go with you, would they allow that? I've yet to be "trained", in any way other than trying it out, but they always let me in cause I'm with someone that knows what they're doing. May be a total different set of rules at your joint, though.

The place I go is in some old chapel, very well done to be fair. Shame it's smack bang in the middle of Ibrox/Govan-ish area.

I was just about to recommend you there in case you were interested :D Got a relation (by marriage) who frequents the place.

Ah, what a coincidence. Quite a busy place, yet I seem to speak to people I know about it, and they've never heard of the it. Probably cause I never remember the name. :undecided:

Get someone that is trained to go with you, would they allow that?  I've yet to be "trained", in any way other than trying it out, but they always let me in cause I'm with someone that knows what they're doing.  May be a total different set of rules at your joint, though. 

The place I go is in some old chapel, very well done to be fair.  Shame it's smack bang in the middle of Ibrox/Govan-ish area.

Ah, what a coincidence.  Quite a busy place, yet I seem to speak to people I know about it, and they've never heard of the it.  Probably cause I never remember the name. :undecided:

It's something pretty plain... plain enough for an ignorant passer-by to realise what it was, sorta thing. I knew my guy was a climber, and while I was driving around Glasgow, I saw that and asked him about it, which is how I found out he went there....... Just googled and it turns out I actually remember the full name correctly - the Glasgow Climbing Centre. My relative is really into it, though, travels all over the country for various rock faces and such.