Applying for university?

Guest optimistic nit

Guest optimistic nit

anyone going to this year? i didn't want to start the thread until i got my january modular results back encase i flopped and had to start planning for a career as a dustman, but is anyone doing it? :crazy2:

Guest optimistic nit

no i've already been applying but i didn't want to start a thread until i had a fair idea weather i would get in or not :p

Guest optimistic nit

marine bio- plymouth, bangor, southampton, aber

bangor and southampton are favourites atm, but i haven;t visited plymouth and aber want the least. southampton looks the business esp. the campus, and i actually found the geology part of my course really interesting, and there are trips abroad. hardly any flexibility though). bangor has much more flexibility and a very good course but i haven't been to a preview day yet, only an open day where i only got to see the marine bio facilities (very good) and not the campus.

plymouth has the advantage of appearing to have more trips abroad, but its not quite as good a course as the first two.

Guest optimistic nit

Apply when you've improved your spelling and arguing a case without getting emotional.

you have a point to be honest, not something i usually do, get emotional as well :p. i heard some snippets on the radio that riled me right up. its been a grand day for me mind, but theres no need to get so personal vic, if you want to get into a scientific debate with me on climate change we can do it in the other thread, and you'll win. my issue is with the politics not the science behind the movement 8)

also appears that nobody else is applying this year  :undecided:

and why has dave edited both my threads? i can only assume grammar

Guest Invicta_Toon

Apply when you've improved your spelling and arguing a case without getting emotional.

you have a point to be honest :p. i heard some snippets on the radio that riled me right up. its been a grand day for me mind, but theres no need to get so personal vic, if you want to get into a scientific debate with me on climate change we can do it in the other thread, and you'll win. my issue is with the politics not the science behind the movement 8)

as if no-ones gaining politically from creaming themselves over climate change

it's the new human rights tbh

Guest optimistic nit

this is a bit of a personal question, so feel free not to answer, but do you have OCD?

I'm a third year at Southampton.

I'd assume marine biology will be based in the Oceanography centre, which I am not familiar with, but I am told that it is world class.

This place is quite a distance away from halls, but it is covered by two extremely frequent bus routes and first years get free bus passes.

I have a housemate who does zoology there, and some of the units are the same for both of you. He's enjoyed the majority of his units. Boldrewood campus is where you would have had non-practical lectures up until this year, but they are knocking that down, so cant really comment on your lecture environment.

As for Southampton itself, couldn't say anything bad about it, great people, things to do in town day and night, and great student facilities. The majority of the accomodation is brilliant.

My Dad's from Plymouth, Plymouth as a city is ok, but not as good as Southampton in my opinion.

I am a fountain of knowledge about Southampton. Any questions please ask me either on here or by PM.

Guest optimistic nit

aye southampton looks top notch lyke. i had some food at your main campus (i think). apparently it was the more expensive place and i got two full meals and a drink for 4.20 (didn't want to waste any of my £4 voucher ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

T27: Is it true that Southampton has the second highest population of cat molesters in the UK?

Nyt, the restaurant is good, but most people stop using it due to finances etc after a month.

Vic, student accommodation is strictly no pets. Thats why they wouldn't let you come here.

Guest optimistic nit

i love how this thread has turned into discussion about pretty much anything bar university.  :crazy2:

Well argued. End of the day it's just a football forum and yet you're sort of obsessed over some minor grammatical errors.

End of the day it's just a football forum and yet you're sort of obsessed over me changing some minor grammatical errors.

Guest optimistic nit

aye, and then coming on here and playing the internet hardman.  :knuppel2: :crazy2:

you get a popup message whenever your sent a pm, which means that melan will have almost certainly already read his pm before dave's post.