Newcastle's audacious bid for Man Utd target

Guest TrEe

Newcastle's audacious bid for Man Utd target

14:23 March, 8, 2007

According to German press, Newcastle United are planning an audacious bid to secure England star Owen Hargreaves.

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

With Emre likely to depart at the end of the season, Toon boss Glenn Roeder is looking for a player with the same characteristics as the Turkish international and has identified Owen Hargreaves as a potential replacement.

The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United in the last months, but a serious injury scuppered Ferguson’s plans.

Now, Newcastle United are reportedly lining up a player plus cash deal that Bayern Munich may find hard to turn down.

The Magpies are preparing to offer £12.5m plus Belozoglu Emre to secure the services of the highly-rated midfielder.

What would you think about that deal?

Guest Knightrider

Aye, because we need a defensive minded player... Hargreaves is a good player but not exactly what we need. We need creativity in there not legs, goals, not balls. We have that in Butt and Parker in one form or another. Anyway, just look at where this story comes from, the equivalent of Tyne Talk but for general footy :lol:

Guest sillybilly

Emre doesnt quite do it for me, and having a fully fit Michael Owen and Hargreaves would get me re - newing the season ticket no probs

I wouldn't even have him here for 2.5 million let alone that much! Everybody was convinced he was nothing special before the world cup. A few good performances haven't made me change my mind. It's happened before where somebody played out of their skin in a big tournament (Butt being Pele's player of the tournament in 2002 anyone?), and the players who normally shine and have had a full season are too tired to make an impression..

If we are looking in Germany for a creative centre midfielder (which Hargreaves is by no means) I would much rather have Van der Vaart or Diego..

Emre looks like he's on his way as a result of the racism allegations, and Bayern have shown interest in him before (apparently). We would need to replace him, and Hargreaves would like to play in the Premiership.

So someone has put two and two together and decided to create another bollocks football rumour.

Man united or Newcastle united.

Ha.

Shearer

what a stupid thing to say

pardon?

it's hardly relevant mate

the comment made by Testa basically said: no-one would choose Newcastle United over Man Utd,

i just said: Shearer did

...seems relevant