Ecstacy

Ally

Whats everyone opinions on E?

Quite a lot of my mates do it and love the stuff, personally i've no intention of trying it even if it does bring a great night. Don't know much about it medically, and the effects it will have on you etc, but surely its Class A for a reason? Anyone I speak to who does it is of the opinion that it shouldn't be Class A and should be on a level par with cannibis.  ???

Definitely not on par with cannabis. I don't like the stuff personally and taking it is one of my (if not the) biggest regrets. Some people seem to like it though so each to their own.

It's class A basically because of the few cases where someone has died taking it. Very rarely has it been down to a "dodgy pill", and although you can't get away from the fact the pill contributed to their deaths, many times they've drowned their own system by drinking ludicrous amounts of water, and you really do need to drink a lot.

I think there's calls for it to be reclassed as B, as the current system makes zero sense.

Agree with NQ though, pills are grubby dirty now, mixed with all sorts. MDMA is safe, as well being 100x purer, despite the long-term (still debated I believe) threats.

Someone more knowledgeable on these issues will probably correct me and tell me this is one of those old wives' tales but I remember being told a few years back that Ecstacy works by stimulating the levels of serotonin in your brain, and eventually if you take enough of it (wahey party on) the long-term effects can be that it disrupts the balance of serotonin in your brain and ultimately can cause manic depression in someone who was previously perfectly (mentally) healthy.

Well, it was enough to put me off, anyway...

Someone more knowledgeable on these issues will probably correct me and tell me this is one of those old wives' tales but I remember being told a few years back that Ecstacy works by stimulating the levels of serotonin in your brain, and eventually if you take enough of it (wahey party on) the long-term effects can be that it disrupts the balance of serotonin in your brain and ultimately can cause manic depression in someone who was previously perfectly (mentally) healthy.

Spot on, GM. It's very much like any drug these days, some people should just stay well clear if they have predisposed mental problems. For that though, I'd go as far as saying cannabis is worse, at least in the short term as a lot of the talk on E is still guesswork, and it's not like you get balanced reporting on drugs these days anyway, so...

But if you're not abusing it, it's hard to agree that the long term effects would be the same as someone that does. So for me, it falls under "relatively harmless". If you abuse anything, you'll get fucked, I need no amount of scientists or biased debates to tell me that.

Spot on, GM.  It's very much like any drug these days, some people should just stay well clear if they have predisposed mental problems.  For that though, I'd go as far as saying cannabis is worse, at least in the short term as a lot of the talk on E is still guesswork, and it's not like you get balanced reporting on drugs these days anyway, so...

But if you're not abusing it, it's hard to agree that the long term effects would be the same as someone that does.  So for me, it falls under "relatively harmless".  If you abuse anything, you'll get fucked, I need no amount of scientists or biased debates to tell me that.

i know wank all about drugs tbh, but this was always my view. The problem is (from the government perspective) that the country is full of idiots who'll kill themselves / turn themselves into vegetables. Then again my faith in people isn't the most positive around.

Took an e about a month ago.  It was my first and last.

Didn't get that great a buzz out of it, made me somewhat paranoid, and you're trying to chew the face of yourself for hours.

For a good buzz nothing beats a bit of charlie.  Though it's not something you can afford to do on a regular basis.

The theory roughly goes like this; Serotonin controls mood and its secretion into the brain from the pineal gland occurs as a 'pulse'. This pulse contains enough serotonin to keep you happy. If there is a lack of it floating round the system you get depression. Prozac / Seroxat etc work by inhibiting the re-uptake of the serotonin back into the pineal gland (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibition) so more of it floats around.

Ecstasy/MDMA increases the frequency of the pulse and hence has the same affect of making you feel happy. The concern with ecstasy is that it if there is a fixed amount of serotonin in the pineal gland, messing with its secretion rate could mean depletion of available serotonin in later life and hence cause depression. However, little is known about the re-uptake mechanism in these circumstances.

I was 17 in 1990, draw your own conclusions  :buck2:

Guest Knightrider

Never tried them, know one kid who died on it, was only 15 :(, value my health now and in the future too much. Tried tac and oddly enough tablets (stupid bastard taking them) but always veered away from Es, smack and such.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ecstacy is cool

Your first tablet can kill you

Over consumption can make you a mental case

Any dodgy batch can do untold damage due to the extra ingredients

I can't see why anyone would have any doubts about taking E

the whole class A is a red herring, the govt got caught up in banning according to prevalence rather than effect of drugs, there are far more lethal and mind altering substances out there with absolutely no illegal classification. Understandably, incidence of these is kept under the radar so as to avoid attention

I'm pretty sure the numbers I read were along these lines: Mixmag estimate (via surveys) that 1.5m people take E each weekend. The official government estimate is about a third of that. There are approximately 30 fatalities each year.

I'm not reading too much into it, apart from the fact that maybe the government know it isn't as dangerous as its classification seems to suggest. If the government estimate of people taking smack every weekend was that high I'm pretty confident they'd be doing something about it.

mdma is nice, actually it's my preferred stimulant.. when i was younger i used to take every other weekend or so, but eventually you get tired of the endless buzz-driven mindfuck conversations..i still do it before football games though

the thing is you can never be sure if the pill they're selling you is really mdma and not some acid amphetamine

Anyone who takes a pill these days is playing roulette with their lives.

Utter garbage in them, gradually getting more dangerous as the years go on. If you can get a pill for less than £2, then you must ask WTF is in that pill. I find you can now get them for 50p if you buy in bulk. I wouldn't even sell them nevermind take them these days.

Bring back the days of the discoburger, £20 for one, a proper pill for a proper weekend.

Anyone who takes a pill these days is playing roulette with their lives.

Utter garbage in them, gradually getting more dangerous as the years go on. If you can get a pill for less than £2, then you must ask WTF is in that pill. I find you can now get them for 50p if you buy in bulk. I wouldn't even sell them nevermind take them these days.

Bring back the days of the discoburger, £20 for one, a proper pill for a proper weekend.

Aye. I was offered one for like £2.50 the other day, said no like, but as you say what actually is in it?

Wouldn't do drugs full stop.  Like to keep to my senses and not lose control.

Losing control is a very very good thing.

Not that I've done anything more than smoke weed, but I find that and drink enough of a release for me.  I realise that might be hypocritical having never tried it.  I might love it, and it's probably better for you healthwise.

I dunno, too pissed to form a coherent opinion.

Didn't get that great a buzz out of it, made me somewhat paranoid, and you're trying to chew the face of yourself for hours.

For a good buzz nothing beats a bit of charlie.  Though it's not something you can afford to do on a regular basis.

Im of the opposite opinion,sniff is the most over-rated drug going to me.E's do give you a proper buzz although it's been 7 years since i took any.I used to take them weekly but wouldn't properly recommend any drug as they all have their downsides and E's is that you get chronic ab dabs next day and you are depressed as fuck for the next 2 or so days.Thats how E's affected me anyhow.

Im of the opposite opinion,sniff is the most over-rated drug going to me.E's do give you a proper buzz although it's been 7 years since i took any.I used to take them weekly but wouldn't properly recommend any drug as they all have their downsides and E's is that you get chronic ab dabs next day and you are depressed as fuck for the next 2 or so days.Thats how E's affected me anyhow.

Can't be any worse than beer remorse.

It really is a bad thing.

Guest Invicta_Toon

It really is a bad thing.

:lol: I'd honeslty forgotten the fact I used to avoid some of my mate from Sunday-Wednesday

fucking sadcunts, make half your week miserable so you can get loved up at the weekend

all stacking shelves now no doubt, or topped themselves