Nicky Butt

Guest Morph

Guest optimistic nit

True. Don't think he was outstanding today, like, but it's hard to judge as his partnership with Parker is rubbish.

thought it worked brilliantly tonight mind against a weak (physically not technically) opposition. probably more by luck than judgement, but i'd play the same midfield in holland.

True. Don't think he was outstanding today, like, but it's hard to judge as his partnership with Parker is rubbish.

thought it worked brilliantly tonight mind against a weak (physically not technically) opposition. probably more by luck than judgement, but i'd play the same midfield in holland.

Parker done OK tonight but it's got to be Emre/Butt IMO. If fit.

:thup:

Guest smoggeordie

:thup: :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Not true. Parker > Butt

How have you worked that one out then? enlighten me?

It's called blinkers.

Parka is his favourite player and is after all, (stand up please) .... Our Captain.

The fact he has very limited ability and can partner nobody else in CM successfully doesn't enter into it for some.

Parker's tackling and interceptions were good last night. His use of the ball was largely poor imo. Played Solano in once, was a nice pass.

Butt seems to be better technically as well i reckon.

Parker hasn't the ability to be an ACM, best thing he can do is try to copy Butt's game......or be sold for a profit....

I actually think that Butt and Parker are starting to gel together. It gives us a bit of backbone, and more possession, but we rely on our wingers and strikers to create all the chances.

Last night, with Sibierski coming deep, and both Duff and Dyer roaming at times, we were very creative.

Butt must be the only contender for most improved Newcastle player, some of his displays this season have been faultless. He has done well to come back and prove many wrong, I was ready to wave goodbye to him in the summer but is has been highly valuable to us this season!

Guest Knightrider

Butt AND Parker were both very good last night imo.

This. Both were guilty of losing the ball/man and had similar type games, not great, but decent enough.

I don't think they're forming a decent partnership at all, one of them needs to be dropped for Emre and it simply can't be Butt. He was my vote for man of the match last night, excellent for 90 minutes and quite obviously in a different class to the captain. I just hope Roeder is capable of dropping Parker, bringing Emre on for Duff suggests he isn't.

Parker played better than he has of late last night in my opinion, but I still think Butt was the better of the two. Having said that, Parkers challenge just after the penalty but before the goal was unbelievable.