Toon Ultras @ Home to Alkmaar

kane2005

Yes again this topic is about Toon Ultras.

I like to know what other peoples views on our efforts at games are, wether they are good comments or bad comments we take them all on the chin, and try to improve every game. Obviously as you may know we have changed our area to try and be closer to the pitch so people can hear us more, and alos see us.

Last night i thought we done very very well, at times the whole ground was singing along, and yes its hard to believe i know.

We went for what you could call , a FLAG theme, where we got everyone to bring there flags , wether they be on sticks to wave or wethere they are just to tie up so people can see them. Our Toon Ultras Bannner looked a mess last night due to the wind, but i am sure by know alot of people know who we are.

I know people are going to whinge on again in this topic saying how shite we are, or the name is shite or whatever, but please give it a rest in this topic please.

All i/we want to know is what your thoughts are on our performance on influencing the ground to sing, which may possibly have led to a better performance off the players. If you watched from the T.V. please comment and also those of yous who were in the ground with us.

I think there is a member, the lad who was on telly saying were gunna win the league , when michael owen signed who was sat with us last night, i would like to know what he thought of the night too.

Thanks again

P.S. Comments on atmosphere not our name thanks.

People wonder why only 28,000 turn up for a LAST 16 of the UEFA CUP game , our biggest game this season.

Christ if you cant get up for a game you may aswell call it a day NOW...

Do not blame ticket prices either, because if you loved the toon as much as some of yous say yous do then you would pay anything.

Guest smoggeordie

Thought they were superb tbh. Only thing that lets them down is lack of variation of songs. Seemed to do "Toon Toon" about a zillion times.

Aye no problem Dave, its not so much you or the people who genuinley cant get to the game because they live away from newcastle, its the people who say they love the toon so much, and they are a soopa fan etc, yet they dont go to the game because its on channel 5.

If only football matches werent televised eh.

P.S. Thanks for the comments too.

Guest sillybilly

I watched it on the telly - biggest game and all that, yeah I know!!! -  The Ultras are fine by me, the atmosphere been shit for too long, if the "Ultra Movement" gains momemtum, we may get the "keegan atmosphere" back again.... ever been to Fratton Park?... They deserve their premiership place with the noise they make!

Guest sillybilly

There used to be an annoying bitch at Man City with a bell.... now thats annoying .... think shes dead now, just like their team

Guest smoggeordie

Also I liked the fact that when some nob head tried to start the shoes off shit, the ultras sang "You got your shoes from Primark" :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

Yes, so hopefully that clears that one up that we are all against that shoes off s****. I also found our reply funny haha.

NSG - where you standing with RowanB by anychance.

Aye, i'm the tall cunt who got hoyed about 5 rows further forward when we smashed in the third. Wish Rowan would learn to chant in time with everone like. ;)

People wonder why only 28,000 turn up for a LAST 16 of the UEFA CUP game , our biggest game this season.

Christ if you cant get up for a game you may aswell call it a day NOW...

Do not blame ticket prices either, because if you loved the toon as much as some of yous say yous do then you would pay anything.

Nah, that's not always the case. When I was a younger, and my Mam was paying for all my tickets, I used to think along similar lines about people who don't go to all the games.

But now I have to pay for my tickets, and I'm a student and money's tight. I've got a season ticket, and I was at the game last night, but I've missed some of the cup games because I have to be careful with the money I have. I suppose its been fortunate in that I've been able to watch the games I've missed on the telly, but I'd have missed them even if they weren't.

You can't say that people would pay anything if they really cared about NUFC, because that's not the case. A lot of people do care but they simply can't afford every game. As I've said, I can't afford every cup game, it doesn't mean I don't care - I care a huge amount - I was their when the club was staring bankruptcy and extinction right in the face - so I care, but I can't afford every single game right now. If that wasn't a problem, then I'd be at every game - home and away, but it is.

As for the TU - I still don't like the name like, but other than that I support what you lot are trying to do. Its a pity you lot aren't around for the league games (although I'm sure that means you still care deeply about NUFC) because its f*cking flat.

Guest Invicta_Toon

My theory judging on euro away performances and home crowds against best home performances, is that this team does better when the crowd is smaller

so I say, support the Toon - don't go to matches

i sat in my normal seat whats in the south east corner

good turn out from you lads, i cringed a bit when they sang shoes off but your reply was good. atmosphere was good from you lot. but i dont like singing drink drink at home cos im never really that drunk at home games and it seems to take the shine off it from away games.

Guest Knightrider

I couldn't care less about the name, it is a name and while Ultras carry a negative image, if people want to tarr wor Ultras with the same brush, more fool them when it is clear to anyone that they are not your typical Ultra group, far from it. Just a bunch of bairns, mates and such trying to inject some passion back onto the stands. I'd rather we had them than not at all. I like the new website too and it seems at long last yous are working to a plan and getting your acts together away from the match. Cood luck with things, I'd prefer a more general bring back the noise type campaign aimed at everyone but like I said, anything is better than nowt. Only gripes are with the Shearer songs (he's just retired, sing about our current players), the anti-mackems songs (they are insignificant, again sing about wor lot, fuck them) and the winding up of away fans (again ignore them and sign about wor lot).

Oh and Tom_Nufc speaks sense, 28,000 was a good crowd, and we should be thankful that we have two sets of fans, League and Cup. I'd love to see the likes of Man Utd get 28,000 for a televised UEFA Cup match, having never won a trophy in over 3 decades, or Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea for that matter.

In reply to your comment about prefering a sort of BRING BACK THE NOISE campaign.

I have been given the job of collecting money from fellow ultras for a new banner we have planned on getting. It is going to cost over £200 and us so called bairns have managed to raise £150 so far in two games.

The banner is going to look similar to our TOON ULTRAS banner, but obviously with the words BRING BACK THE NOISE with black and white stripes on each side.

Also thanks to Mr.Keith Barret, Toon Travel man,  because he has the older members on his busses for games, he has offered us to begin taking his surfer to games, the surfer which read, CHAMPIONS 1992/93 that one. BUT....

He is paying for that writing to be taken off, and will be adding the new words,

SIX FA CUPS AND FOUR LEAGUE TITLES

AND IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY

This can only be another step in the right direction as far as we are concerned.