Toon Ultras @ Home to Alkmaar

kane2005

I was sat in the middle of them, and despite the small crowd, the atmosphere was great in that corner.  Better than most of the Premiership games this season actually.

Bit Liverpoolesque, the new banner like, but that would be nitpicking ;)

Gets the point across.

Supposedly that would be in response to the likes of Everton fans singing "You've never won fuck all"

The fact is though, they're correct, thanks to their semi literacy/poor grasp of the English language.

Fuck all = Nothing, so if you've won fuck all, you've won nothing.

However, they're telling us that we've never won fuck all, which in fact means that we have won things, which is absolutely true.

Mind you, maybe that's being harsh on them. Perhaps they know this and are trying to cheer us up because it has been along time since we've won something. Perhaps they're merely trying to remind us that is the case.

Gets the point across.

Supposedly that would be in response to the likes of Everton fans singing "You've never won fuck all"

The fact is though, they're correct, thanks to their semi literacy/poor grasp of the English language.

However, they're telling us that we've never won fuck all, which in fact means that we have won things, which is absolutely true.

Mind you, maybe that's being harsh on them. Perhaps they know this and are trying to cheer us up because it has been along time since we've won something. Perhaps they're merely trying to remind us that is the case.

Lol how lame is that post  :laugh:. Got a 3-0 stuffing, but we went home knowing our grammar was superior!

Guest Knightrider

Aye good stuff, I like the idea of themed nights mind, maybe an Oba night, bring Nigerian flags etc. to build up a rapport with the lads like how they do in Italy by making big fuck off flags with a face on. Do it for all the players.

Guest Knightrider

BTW if someone sends me a logo of the new TU crest (quality design) I'll link it somewhere on the main site.

We have also gained a mention in the chronicle, which is a very big plus for us, we are gaining momentum, the local press have twigged on, can only get better.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1176/dsc00369qf1.jpg

Good lads, keep up the excellent work. Looked cracking over your way from where I was sitting and I could be tempted to head over there if we make it through to the next round. Purposefully moved away from "The Corner" (my usual seat) to get a different view from higher-up in the Leazes.

Guest Morph

I like the Ultras.  What harm can they do?  I know ultra factions in foreign countries are all about the violence, but these lads just want to make some noise.  Good luck to you all.

Guest toonbaz

i thought you lot were great last night, i was sat in the middle of the gallowgate but the atmosphere was great considering the low crowd, keep up the good work.

Gets the point across.

I Was just about to say that,

surely by saying "you've never won fuck all"

they are saying "you have never won nothing"

which means "you have always won something"

Guest toonbaz

could someone tell me the words to this new song about us goin to glasgow, heard it down in wigan then again at the last couple of home games and i still cant work out the words

I like the idea of a players theme night. I will actually post this up on our forum see what people replies are.

Nice thinking.

I'd imagine it would be a great feeling for someone like Oba to look up to the stand and see a load of Nigerian flags for a match for example. :thup:

Thought you lot were brilliant last night, I was in the gallowgate middle tier (row A) and my mate started waving at you lot at half time I thought he was off his tits, but he says someone was waving at him. I think he was off his tits like. Anyway I thought you led the crowd last night, you made noise from the off and the early goals just kept it going, it was immense.

I like the idea of a players theme night. I will actually post this up on our forum see what people replies are.

Nice thinking.

Be careful how you do it mind.

The Mackems had their Irish theme day at the start of the season to mark Quinn's takeover and told them all to wear green......at a game against the only team in the division to wear green.

Thick bastards.

For anyone he reads the chronicle, in Fridays Chronicle in the fans panel one person said:

With Obafemi Martins leading from the front, Titus Bramble holding the line at the back and the admirable Bring back the Noise campaign from the Toon Ultras driving the atmosphere from the terraces, this was a magnificent European result - The Chronicle

We are getting noticeid and i can only say that this is another step in the right direction.

Guest Glenn

Well-done Toon Ultras, the atmosphere v. AZ was much better than for most league games. Shame about the size of the crowd tho' which was OK by other clubs standards but not for us. We are supposed to be the best / most loyal fans but not any more. Too many sat at home or in the pub watching on TV!? No criticism intended of those who genuinely can't afford it, just of those who claim to be fans but would rather support their local Landlord than actually be there to cheer-on the lads.

Against Boro I was embarrassed / ashamed to be a Newcastle fan. We were outsung by 2000 "smoggies". Sure it isn't the "real" derby, and the match was shite, but we should never allow ourselves to be shown-up like that against any-one. We used to pride ourselves on out-singing the opposition, especially when the team was crap. These days, too many fans just sit-back waiting to be entertained. Maybe a large proportion of the regulars are too old (like me!) and too complacent. Personally, I say good luck to any-one who's trying to "Bring Back the Noise".

Next season when my lad's too old for the family enclosure, we might join you. Is there an upper age limit!? Good to hear you may be getting the old flag off Keith Barrett ---- I thought it had been lost. I'd like to see loads of flags / banners in the ground and as much noise as possible, even drums as long as it's not next to me!!

Toon Ultras are doing their bit but Shepherd needs to do his. Next season for cup games, £10 for adults, £5 for under-18's anywhere in the ground (except the corporate areas). Sell the tickets from the lower tiers first and don't open-up Level 7 unless the rest of the ground is sold-out. At least the ground will look full for the TV cameras and the atmosphere will be better if every-one's packed-in closer together.

Well-done Toon Ultras, the atmosphere v. AZ was much better than for most league games. Shame about the size of the crowd tho' which was OK by other clubs standards but not for us. We are supposed to be the best / most loyal fans but not any more. Too many sat at home or in the pub watching on TV!? No criticism intended of those who genuinely can't afford it, just of those who claim to be fans but would rather support their local Landlord than actually be there to cheer-on the lads.

Against Boro I was embarrassed / ashamed to be a Newcastle fan. We were outsung by 2000 "smoggies". Sure it isn't the "real" derby, and the match was s****, but we should never allow ourselves to be shown-up like that against any-one. We used to pride ourselves on out-singing the opposition, especially when the team was crap. These days, too many fans just sit-back waiting to be entertained. Maybe a large proportion of the regulars are too old (like me!) and too complacent. Personally, I say good luck to any-one who's trying to "Bring Back the Noise".

Next season when my lad's too old for the family enclosure, we might join you. Is there an upper age limit!? Good to hear you may be getting the old flag off Keith Barrett ---- I thought it had been lost. I'd like to see loads of flags / banners in the ground and as much noise as possible, even drums as long as it's not next to me!!

Toon Ultras are doing their bit but Shepherd needs to do his. Next season for cup games, £10 for adults, £5 for under-18's anywhere in the ground (except the corporate areas). Sell the tickets from the lower tiers first and don't open-up Level 7 unless the rest of the ground is sold-out. At least the ground will look full for the TV cameras and the atmosphere will be better if every-one's packed-in closer together.

Absolutley Spot On There.

100% agree with the last paragraph too.