Curb Your Enthusiasm

Guest Hatful Of Hollow

Guest Hatful Of Hollow

Just starting on More4, anyone else watch this? I know it's been around for a while but i've only just gotten round to watching it.

The episode with Ben Stiller was quality, when Larry David poked him the eye with a BBQ skewer, and had various run-ins with him, including not singing happy birthday tp him and not bringing a gift to his birthday party. In last week's episode Larry annoyed Stiller by not sitting in the front passenger seat of his car when they dropped Stiller's partner off.

Larry David is probably best-known as the co-creator of Seinfeld, and the humour here is quite similar in parts.

Guest Jackie Broon

Aye, it's ace... 'beloved cunt' bluelaugh.gif

I missed out on it first time round on beeb 2 but my girlfriend got me into it and I've since got seasons 1, 2 and 4, must get season 3.

Arrested development is very good as well if you're into off-beat American comedy.

Guest elbee909

Curb is fantastic - seen every one of them.  Season 4 is excellent, probably the best running-theme to the series that there's been with him being in 'The Producers'.

"You... will... faaaaaail!" :D

Arrested development is very good as well if you're into off-beat American comedy.

Best comedy on TV at the moment by a massive distance IMO.

SEVERELY underated show, even in the States.

Love it here, too. Which is why I'm confused... why do I not like Curb Your Enthusiasm? Every indicating factor, from style, to the other interests of people who love it, to the fact I'm a a big fan of Seinfeld, suggests I should be well into it, but everytime I've seen it (two attempts at watching episodes + clips), I've been bored rigid and fail to see where the funnyness is. They just seem to be slightly anxious and swear a bit. I can go and watch some Coke users for that.

• 4 months later...
Guest Hatful Of Hollow

Bliddy hell I forgot i created this thread.

Anywho, been watching it alot since then, still think it's brilliant.

Love it here, too. Which is why I'm confused... why do I not like Curb Your Enthusiasm? Every indicating factor, from style, to the other interests of people who love it, to the fact I'm a a big fan of Seinfeld, suggests I should be well into it, but everytime I've seen it (two attempts at watching episodes + clips), I've been bored rigid and fail to see where the funnyness is. They just seem to be slightly anxious and swear a bit. I can go and watch some Coke users for that.

I can see why it's not that popular.  There are no punch lines whatsoever.  It's just the Meldrew behind Larry David that is hilarious.  I was pissing myself at....

You know anything about changing a tire? Wanna help me change a tire here? No? I could use a little help. I need a little assistance. I never took a shop class, and I need a little help. Ok, I'm just coming flat out and saying 'help me'. Anybody want to help a semi-retarded individual change a tire? 25, 30 dollars. 30 dollars to change this tire. 35 dollars to change this tire right now.

I'll give you 10 dollars for a verbal response. 10 dollars. Anybody want to make 10 dollars and respond verbally? No?

and

Fuck you, you car wash cunt! I HAD A DENTAL APPOINTMENT!

My favourite episode(s) are the ones with David Schwimmer(sp?) More4 have also been showing some of the older epsiodes which are also great.

Also, I got a few episodes of Everybody Hates Chris. It's brilliant. I insist everyone watch it.

I saw the first 2 episodes on Channel 5 and I think it's great. I do tend to like programs where I can here the thoughts of the characters.

Only seen the 3rd and 5th series, both quality but the last episode on series 5 was shit I thought, far too surreal, still I'm looking forward to the 6th series.

BTW Everyone Hates Chris is overrated shite, didn't get into it at all.

• 11 months later...

After months of speculation, HBO officially confirmed that there will be a sixth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.[1] Production offices opened in September 2006. The new episodes will air sometime in late 2007. It is unknown if the sixth season will be the last.

At a post-Emmy show for E! News on August 27, 2006, Cheryl Hines confirmed that the sixth season would begin filming on October 16, 2006; however, she is uncertain of the air date.

Vivica A. Fox will star in the upcoming season as part of a family who moves into the expensive home of Larry David and his wife Cheryl following a natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina proportions.

On his website, long time Curb Your Enthusiasm director Robert Weide has confirmed that the sixth season had commenced shooting in October 2006, for a probable air date of Autumn 2007. Weide also confirmed that this season would be his last involvement with the show.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_your_enthusiasm#Season_6

• 5 months later...