Aston Martin to enter F1

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

BBC

Ford may sell Aston to Prodrive, who run the Aston sports team.

Prodrive are planning to enter F1 next year.

I might go and spruce up my CV  :iroc:

Guest Invicta_Toon

new F1 teams are constantly shit nowadays, no doubt they'll just join the back markers.

you do know what ProDrive's day job is? The clue's in the name

new F1 teams are constantly shit nowadays, no doubt they'll just join the back markers.

you do know what ProDrive's day job is? The clue's in the name

Google Sez: Design, build and run motorsport and vehicle technology programmes for vehicle manufacturers.

Point?

Guest Redcar Mag

I reckon Prodrive would be a lot more capable that most of the F1 teams who make up the numbers. The Aston Martin branding could make getting an engine deal awkward mind.

Guest ticaL

Red Bull didn't do bad for a first season. Throwing money at a query works.

Guest Redcar Mag

Not strictly a new team though. They bought out Jaguar which in itself was a rebranded Stewart team. And Toro Rosso is the old Minardi team.

Guest ticaL

Not strictly a new team though. They bought out Jaguar which in itself was a rebranded Stewart team. And Toro Rosso is the old Minardi team.

Suppose your right. Still, without the buyout of Jaguar, the money RB put into it would surely produce effectively the same results. Perhaps the only real difference being a harder time negotiating new staff.

Speaking of throwing money at the problem, look at Toyota.  I remember the rumors going around 2 years ago were that Toyota was spending as much as Ferrari but were still shite.

Toyota are still the biggest spending team of the lot.  Which made their shitness last year fairly hilarious.

Guest Redcar Mag

Aston Martin Motor Company

yours for £500m apparently

It makes no sense to me.

AM is one of the only parts of Ford's empire currently turning in a profit and Aston need Ford's r&d money and facilities so no one gains from a split.

Why have Ford spent so much giving Aston Martin a good range of products only for someone else to reap the benefits? Someone else who won't have the clout to improve the current and develop the new models.