Centre Forward for Next Season?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

After last  nights evidence and seeing his scoring statistics I think Koevermans would be a decent signing. His stats speak for themselves:

Season         Club                            Competition                   Matches Goals

2000/01 Sparta Rotterdam Netherlands Eredivisie 4 0

2001/02 Sparta Rotterdam Netherlands Eredivisie 23 7

2002/03 Sparta Rotterdam Netherlands Eerste Divisie 34 25

2003/04 Sparta Rotterdam Netherlands Eerste Divisie 20 15

2004/05 Sparta Rotterdam Netherlands Eerste Divisie 29 24

2005/06 AZ Alkmaar Flag of Netherlands Netherlands Eredivisie 21 9

2006/07 AZ Alkmaar Flag of Netherlands Netherlands Eredivisie 18 14

Total 149 94

Young enough, but experienced, he is 28 now, and I doubt he would cost the £10 million being touted for bent/ Ashton etc.

Worth thinking about IMO.

Guest nufc_geordie

I'm not knee-jerking, just think he would be worth a more in depth look by our so-called "scouting network". I definately think it would be a much more financially viable option.

Guest Knightrider

I'd need to see more to comment more, didn't impress me however on his single performance, despite his work-rate and movement at times. Looked lightweight too.

Guest eyeball_tickler

we missed a bargain in Huntelaar so hopefully roeder wont be as incompetent as souness was in these matters.

Spoke to Alan Oliver last night at half time and he said Glenn's main target for striker is Ryan Babel.

Take that with the neccessary pinch of salt.

Fairly well know, isn't it? We were close to getting him in January, but face stiff competition from the likes of Arsenal for him in the summer. We were linked with him an awful lot on January, in particular.

Spoke to Alan Oliver last night at half time and he said Glenn's main target for striker is Ryan Babel.

Take that with the neccessary pinch of salt.

Fairly well know, isn't it? We were close to getting him in January, but face stiff competition from the likes of Arsenal for him in the summer. We were linked with him an awful lot on January, in particular.

How do we know we were close to getting him? We can't accept the drivel Roeder comes out with.

One big fear is that Roeder will think that Shola/Owens/Martins/Sib is good enough.