Facebook

andy_w_1986

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Considering how they go about general updates it's wild to think theyve left themselves with no DR for whatevers going on. The amount of databases and servers they run is obscene. 

It's wild, you'd have thought they'd have some of the best redundancy in existence, with every minute point of failure being triple locked, and checked daily.

This has to be someone fucking up on the inside, be it a migration failure or something more malicious.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's wild, you'd have thought they'd have some of the best redundancy in existence, with every minute point of failure being triple locked, and checked daily.

This has to be someone fucking up on the inside, be it a migration failure or something more malicious.

It it's the BGP issue then I suspect it's a very simple mistake that's gone completely wrong.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Ive experienced my fair share of service failure because of someone cocking up config, but for Facebook to be still dealing with it this long after the incident is crazy. I dont really understand DNS and BGP but it sounds like they're having to entirely rebuild large sections of their hosting services. How on earth have they managed that?!

Just now, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Anyone else having issues with Netflix too? I'm trying to watch Seinfeld and it keeps freezing and the screen has gone black a few times. 

"Has anyone noticed that when you watch Netflix the screen goes black sometimes. I meeaan I'm trying to watch something and it's showing me nothing. Has anyone noticed........"