People demanding for Roeder to leave now

Leazes1986

Why i ask? I know some of you don't have any faith in him whatsoever. I actually do and am prepared to give him another season. I didn't make this thread for an argument for or against Roeder though. This is more to do with Freddy Shepherd. Do any of you have faith in the fat man sacking him then actually appointing the right man and if you do on what basis? I certainly don't have any faith in him appointing the right manager whatsoever. How many managers are gonna look at the Newcastle job as an attractive job if Roeder was sacked after yet another manager was sacked in such a short space of time?

The more managers we go through the less attractive the job gets. I can't see many managers who is in a job now wanting to leave their job where they are comfortable for this job where they know if they don't have us in the top 6 in the space of 12-18 months then they will probably be out of a job. The only kind of manager we are likely to be able to attract is one who isn't having the best of times at his own club and knows he has nothing to lose (remember Souness). The simple fact is we will never be able to attract a top manager now until we have some stability. Chopping and changing the manager all of the time isn't gonna give us that. Roeder was brought in to give us that but we need to give him another year at the least because even if he doesn't take us as high as where we want to be, it might be better for the club in the long run. This chairman cannot be trusted to sack another manager after such a short space of time and appoint the right man. Its all well and good people saying they don't want Roeder as manager but getting rid of him when theres nobody out there is just stupid.

Thoughts?

we will be much better next season if Roeder is given some backing in the transfer window.

I reckon he would have learnt a lot this season. He's still fairly inexperienced but seems like he could grow into the job. I'm all for letting him complete his contract at least.

Guest Gemmill

we will be much better next season if Roeder is given some backing in the transfer window.

I reckon he would have learnt a lot this season. He's still fairly inexperienced but seems like he could grow into the job. I'm all for letting him complete his contract at least.

I don't mean to be rude, but that post is breathtaking in its naivety.  I've seen nothing to suggest he'll do anything other than fuck up the next transfer window, he's a bit long in the tooth to be growing into the job - if he was good enough we'd have seen some sign of it by now.

If we can get a decent replacement in the summer, I'll be MUCH happier going into next season.  If we've still got Roeder, I'll be renewing under protest.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so what's changed between then and now that means there is any more likelihood of a better manager coming, given we are now in an even worse footballing and financial state? Who the fuck would have been second choice to appointing Roeder last year?

He has had ample backing in monetary terms, £20 million in his first window by all accounts for starters. What on earth someone like Steve Coppel would do for that kind of 'backing' I wouldn't like to imagine.

As for Roeders inexperience, he has been a manager for over a decade ffs. How on earth is that lacking in experience unless you think he is so shit that he has a hell of a lot more to learn than most of his other mediocre contemporary's.

No one is actually answering the question here. "Do you trust Shepherd to get the appointment right this time?"

Or will we get another Roeder or even worse. Swapping him for someone who's as useless wouldnt do us any good. We might win a few games from now till the end of the season but next season would be dire again.

Guest Gemmill

No one is actually answering the question here. "Do you trust Shepherd to get the appointment right this time?"

I wouldn't trust Shepherd to wipe his arse properly, but that's not a reason to stick with Roeder.

I wouldn't trust Shepherd to wipe his arse properly, but that's not a reason to stick with Roeder.

Reckon it'll only make us weaker if we change between shit managers every season.

Reckon it'll only make us weaker if we change between shit managers every season.

Shy bairns get nowt, if you don't buy a ticket... etc etc.

His only mistake has not been signing the players we need. He has said this was due to the fact his position wasn't as stable last summer and also the fact that he was not happy with the options available in January and he felt what we had was good enough to see us through to this summer where he would be in a better position to address the squad.

I know it has become quite trendy to say we only play long ball footie with him but I disagree. We have played some decent football under him at times. I believe with better players in we will improve further.

His signing of Obafemi Martins is evidence to suggest that he has an eye for talent and will provide us with players that increase in value.

He rescued us from relegation when he came in and so he deserves a chance to see out his contract and have at least one summer, which he feels he is prepared for, to try and build our squad.

If he isn't succesful in doing that this summer, and as long as we are not heading for relegation, then at the end of the season his contract will be up and we can get someone else.

This is the sensible way in which we should operate that will prevent the club from getting even more negative publicity.

Thank you.

Guest Gemmill

His only mistake has not been signing the players we need. He has said this was due to the fact his position wasn't as stable last summer and also the fact that he was not happy with the options available in January and he felt what we had was good enough to see us through to this summer where he would be in a better position to address the squad.

You believed him too, didn't you? :razz:

He said all that about last summer, but he also wasted 80% of the transfer window by saying we wouldn't be looking until after the World Cup (bearing in mind the season started not too long after it finished), then traipsing around Europe watching Kuyt play.

Remember "pole position"?  Remember "4 or 5 players through the door" in January?  Then all of a sudden the squad is good enough to get us through to the summer.

He's clueless.  He'll do the same again this summer because he doesn't know what he's doing.  What's the point in giving him a load of cash to spend this summer if he's only seeing his contract out for one season?  Get shot.

After a horrendous start i was prepared to give Roeder a little more time to get it together, until AK and Charlton. Even with injuries we should be pushing  at least for 5th and we are not even close and looks like our season is over barring a miricle.

Anyone could have told him before AK that we should attack and not defend, especially if the lynchpin of your defence is a certain Titus Bramble, complete suicide really and thats just one of many screw ups.

I don't like the teams he picks and the positions he puts players in, i.e. picking Car instead of Nobby at RB and Bramble instead of anyone or Hunty at LB instead of Edgar or  playing Emre on the LW instead of CM just completly baffles and frustrates me at times.

He seems like a geniunely nice chap, but on another plannet to everyone else at times. He's got till we can get our hands on a decent manager (Shearer or Hindink etc) or should have anyway.

You believed him too, didn't you? :razz:

He said all that about last summer, but he also wasted 80% of the transfer window by saying we wouldn't be looking until after the World Cup (bearing in mind the season started not too long after it finished), then traipsing around Europe watching Kuyt play.

Remember "pole position"?  Remember "4 or 5 players through the door" in January?  Then all of a sudden the squad is good enough to get us through to the summer.

He's clueless.  He'll do the same again this summer because he doesn't know what he's doing.  What's the point in giving him a load of cash to spend this summer if he's only seeing his contract out for one season?  Get shot.

This.

He is poor manager and at the age of 50 i cant see how he will develop

He is clueless and we all know this

Shepherd made 2 mistakes appointing managers so maybe at the 3th attempt he'll get it right

Roeder is just poor and im almost certain that if we sign some good players in the summer we will still be playing shit football and our team wouldnt have any style of play whatsoever

When we have a complete squad next season and we are challenging for fourth spot under Roeder I will remind you all of your lack of faith...

The only thing he has to do is get in enough new players of the sufficient quality and we will be fine. If he does this we will be flying but if he doesn't then we will struggle.

We just have to let this season be. Look forward to a summer with a manager who wants to bring in young exciting talent that can go on to become big players for us, and not just players who have been around for a bit and who seek to take advantage of our wealth.

Guest Gemmill

When we have a complete squad next season and we are challenging for fourth spot under Roeder I will remind you all of your lack of faith...

:lol: When we're mired in the bottom half of the table in March 2008, I'll remind you of this.

I know it has become quite trendy to say we only play long ball footie with him but I disagree. We have played some decent football under him at times.

I don't mean to offend but I've heard more sense from Daffy Duck.  Clearly you weren't at the Wigan away game for instance.

:lol: When we're mired in the bottom half of the table in March 2008, I'll remind you of this.

Well sit tight buddy cuz it's gonna be one long, bumpy, uncomfortable ride for you.

Never doubt the Roedmaestro!

This thread will be bumped and you will feel really silly.