Dissertations

Wullie

Strange thing is my courses were paid by work to go as far as I wanted, so they were effectively paying me to do it.  bluebigrazz.gif

Still had had enough of the shit. In fact i'd had enough when I left school FFS.

Guest dynamokebab

ooooh dissertations are evil. i thought i was gonna have a nervous breakdown before i got to finish mine!

• 2 years later...

Mines in on Thursday, 9k and a bit words in (10k limit, can go above though if I want to the tune of 12k I think it is) but still feel like I've got loads and loads to do. Hence being up at 5am. Again.

Don't think I have ever come across something so life consuming. Just want to get it done and in now really, if it involves some sleep deprivation then so be it. Not been out, drank, or anything like that in over 2 and a bit weeks (other than to watch us play). Will be a good 3 and a bit weeks by the time its handed in. Really is as bad as they said it would be. Ah well.

Might be a 2 year old post but Jonny is right about the lit review, mines long too and reasonably easy but is just incredibly boring and tedious to do. Still got to finish mine, got so sick of doing it that I quit and went to another chapter.

I done mine the week it was to be handed in... :blush:

Is it shite, then? :lol: My dissertation's the only piece of work I've ever really done to the best of my ability. In fact, it's the sole reason I graduated at all.

Mine's due May 19th (BA Hons Management and Admin).  Been going to night class for over 5 years now and I'm completely sick of it. Gonna have a few years off before I even consider going for the MBA.  It's got me proper stressed out and I can tell I'm being a right stroppy git with the missus.

The word count's already too high and I've only answered 3 of my 5 objectives - basically I've wrote loads without saying anything.

I done mine the week it was to be handed in... :blush:

Is it s****, then? :lol: My dissertation's the only piece of work I've ever really done to the best of my ability. In fact, it's the sole reason I graduated at all.

Nah I still managed to get a 2:1 and was not far away from a first.  Fook knows how...

Due in at some time at the end of the month. Got 2,000 words done, need to do another 8,000+. All about the influence of Heidegger's philosophies on the work of Terrence Malick. Going to have to burn through an awful lot this week.

Not started writing mine up, need ~10,000 (my tutors are quite flexible on it) words in 4 weeks. Got all the research done though, so it's not all bad. It's only worth about 10% of my final degree mark and I'm not overly bothered really.

Not started writing mine up, need ~10,000 (my tutors are quite flexible on it) words in 4 weeks. Got all the research done though, so it's not all bad. It's only worth about 10% of my final degree mark and I'm not overly bothered really.

I always thought you were OLD.

Not a dissertation per se, but very similar: In for April 17th, finished two weeks ago, but edited it up recently. What are our exciting titles?

Dissertation titles are always good for a laugh. My degree research was titled:

"Temporal Modulation Transfer Functions in High-Functioning Children with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome"

Scintillating.

Guest GeordieGirl1985

i got mine due in at the end of the month too, i managed 8,000 words up to now, can do anything between 10-15,000.

Its the worst piece of work i have ever had to do, i'm hating it  :weep:

I'm obviously well into mine (have to be with that deadline fast approaching) but I STILL feel like I've got loads to say and I don't feel close to the end at all. And even then I'm not sure if it is actually any good.

Not cool.

Guest MrShens

I've done quite well with mine, it's due in on the 2nd May (I think!) but I've had it started 3-4 weeks into the first semester.  Already built my project and wrote most of the documentation behind it, just need to tidy it up a bit, get it into a coherent structure and write the evaluation.

Not bad considering I usually leave everything to the last minute as I'm a total lazy b******.

Guest lankybellwipe

What is a dissertation aboot?

Never went to uni.  Lucky they allowed me into school!

Are you given a subject, or is that left to you?

O0

What is a dissertation aboot?

Never went to uni.  Lucky they allowed me into school!

Are you given a subject, or is that left to you?

O0

As far as I'm aware it can be about anything within the field of your degree topic, and you have to come up with your own question and write about it.

The Mrs has just handed hers in last week. She got a load of advice from tutors all the way through it like. Had about nine months to do it and basically wrote it in one. :lol: