Joey Barton

Guest Toon21

Guest Invicta_Toon

You think the Toon would have any shot at him if City goes down this summer?

apt choice of words there

Guest woffy_27

donm

he's a good player but u think we have enough midfielders at the club? We need is a whole new defence

donm

he's a good player but u think we have enough midfielders at the club? We need is a whole new defence

As well as a creative midfielder - Barton is more crative than what we have.

Good player but nightmare to manage. He could cause big unrest in the dressing room. Plus we need Defenders not more midfielders!!! Plus Sidwell is very heavilly rumoured to to be coming here.

He's a gamble we do not need to take and a player that we do not need.

Great player? Blimey. Shows how much that word is over used these days.

He's better than Parker but that's not saying much. I wouldn't want us to sign him but if we could get him for less than what we'd receive for Parker it wouldn't be a crap deal.

Barton has impressed me more this season than any other single player. I've seen him play live twice and on both occasions hes been the drving force for mancheser city. He's creative, works hard, tackles and scores goals. Even though he is a shit head he has leadership qualities too.

I'd stick my neck out and say in three years time he will be one englands top mifdielders (i.e gerrard and lampard).

Barton has impressed me more this season than any other single player. I've seen him play live twice and on both occasions hes been the drving force for mancheser city. He's creative, works hard, tackles and scores goals. Even though he is a shit head he has leadership qualities too.

I'd stick my neck out and say in three years time he will be one englands top mifdielders (i.e gerrard and lampard).

More than Ronaldo? :lol:

Barton has impressed me more this season than any other single player. I've seen him play live twice and on both occasions hes been the drving force for mancheser city. He's creative, works hard, tackles and scores goals. Even though he is a s*** head he has leadership qualities too.

More than Ronaldo? :lol:

I mean, i didn't realise Barton could play like he does. I think we all knew it was a matter of time before Ronaldos potential turned into productivity.

I think he'll probably go back to Everton if we go down.

I think he's quite similar to Parker in the sense i've no idea if he's meant to be an AM or a DM. 'Box to box' is a polite way of saying shit

I don't get this viewpoint...why does a midfielder need to be purely attacking or purely defensive to be any good? I think Barton is a good (jeebus, great? have a word) player. I would describe him as a less extreme version of Cahill. Good at getting in the box and getting a goal (not as good as Cahill) but can use the ball and tackle people properly. He can actually use the ball (when Dunne isn't booting 20 yards over his head). Getting a load of stick from some people at the moment tho (Someone actually started a thread "Instead of a SP out campaign lets have a Barton out campaign" before the Boro game where he created 2 goals). I don't really get it as he is one of our few players with any outstanding ability but form hasn't been that great and goals have dried up. Feeling is that he tries to do too much. He does take all the set-pieces (badly) and but a lot of people (not me) think too many attacks go thru him and we suffer for it because he isn't really a creative player.  I think he is missing Reyna, he was always at his best alongside him as Reyna would keep it simple, concentrate on keeping possesion rather than owt fancy or too direct and it really gave Barton a platform to get up there and nick something. With Ireland (too weak/inexperienced) and Hamann (too old/slow/shite)  he's not really done that much. I think he could work well alongside Parker if he were to play in the same way Reyna did for us but he seems to be far too agressive for that, too busy chasing shadows and whatnot. Emre, maybe but I'm not a fan myself and Parker seems to be the #1 choice for whatever reason. So, no, I don't think it would work that well for yous and wouldn't be worth diverting moneys from the defender fund.

Under Bobby we were famous for having a right bunch of shites at the club but we were also famous for having a good and moderately successfull football side. I believe to be successfull you need a certain amount of bad apples in your team, they just need to be controlled.

I think he's quite similar to Parker in the sense i've no idea if he's meant to be an AM or a DM. 'Box to box' is a polite way of saying s***

I don't get this viewpoint...why does a midfielder need to be purely attacking or purely defensive to be any good? I think Barton is a good (jeebus, great? have a word) player. I would describe him as a less extreme version of Cahill. Good at getting in the box and getting a goal (not as good as Cahill) but can use the ball and tackle people properly. He can actually use the ball (when Dunne isn't booting 20 yards over his head). Getting a load of stick from some people at the moment tho (Someone actually started a thread "Instead of a SP out campaign lets have a Barton out campaign" before the Boro game where he created 2 goals). I don't really get it as he is one of our few players with any outstanding ability but form hasn't been that great and goals have dried up. Feeling is that he tries to do too much. He does take all the set-pieces (badly) and but a lot of people (not me) think too many attacks go thru him and we suffer for it because he isn't really a creative player.  I think he is missing Reyna, he was always at his best alongside him as Reyna would keep it simple, concentrate on keeping possesion rather than owt fancy or too direct and it really gave Barton a platform to get up there and nick something. With Ireland (too weak/inexperienced) and Hamann (too old/slow/s****)  he's not really done that much. I think he could work well alongside Parker if he were to play in the same way Reyna did for us but he seems to be far too agressive for that, too busy chasing shadows and whatnot. Emre, maybe but I'm not a fan myself and Parker seems to be the #1 choice for whatever reason. So, no, I don't think it would work that well for yous and wouldn't be worth diverting moneys from the defender fund.

I hope we don't get him. Manuel Fernandes looks top, top drawer. Hopefully we pull out the stops to get him instead of trying to do everything on the cheap as usual. He's got that extra bit of quality that could make him great rather than good.

I agree with you about all this attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder bollocks.

Whatever happened to the good ol' centre mid?

I think he's quite similar to Parker in the sense i've no idea if he's meant to be an AM or a DM. 'Box to box' is a polite way of saying s***

I don't get this viewpoint...why does a midfielder need to be purely attacking or purely defensive to be any good? I think Barton is a good (jeebus, great? have a word) player. I would describe him as a less extreme version of Cahill. Good at getting in the box and getting a goal (not as good as Cahill) but can use the ball and tackle people properly. He can actually use the ball (when Dunne isn't booting 20 yards over his head). Getting a load of stick from some people at the moment tho (Someone actually started a thread "Instead of a SP out campaign lets have a Barton out campaign" before the Boro game where he created 2 goals). I don't really get it as he is one of our few players with any outstanding ability but form hasn't been that great and goals have dried up. Feeling is that he tries to do too much. He does take all the set-pieces (badly) and but a lot of people (not me) think too many attacks go thru him and we suffer for it because he isn't really a creative player.  I think he is missing Reyna, he was always at his best alongside him as Reyna would keep it simple, concentrate on keeping possesion rather than owt fancy or too direct and it really gave Barton a platform to get up there and nick something. With Ireland (too weak/inexperienced) and Hamann (too old/slow/s****)  he's not really done that much. I think he could work well alongside Parker if he were to play in the same way Reyna did for us but he seems to be far too agressive for that, too busy chasing shadows and whatnot. Emre, maybe but I'm not a fan myself and Parker seems to be the #1 choice for whatever reason. So, no, I don't think it would work that well for yous and wouldn't be worth diverting moneys from the defender fund.

I hope we don't get him. Manuel Fernandes looks top, top drawer. Hopefully we pull out the stops to get him instead of trying to do everything on the cheap as usual. He's got that extra bit of quality that could make him great rather than good.

I agree with you about all this attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder bollocks.

Whatever happened to the good ol' centre mid?

I thought that Barton would end up there because Moyes was interested back in january but I believe Barton knocked it back, I didn't think he would do the same if we were in the championship and Moyes came calling again....but now you mention Fernades (hands up, totally forgot about him), maybe nos...I'm guessing. So who knows.

Don't they want something like £12m for Fernandes?

I've heard everything from £8-12m. Don't think anyone knows for sure.

I'd pay £12m though. He'll be worth more than that in the future imo

Guest Invicta_Toon

After what Man Shitteh have put up with Barton and not sold him, for him to then leave a club that he had helped get relegated, then I think we would have to get Ronaldo to give up his cunt of the Premiership award