Duff

Guest Mantis

Guest Mantis

Damien as shown more interest and intent in the first 2 mins of the Ireland game than he has all season for us. 

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

He's a disgrace. A fucking has been who can't be arsed anymore and came here for his last pay day before he settles down for retirement.

He's a disgrace. A fucking has been who can't be arsed anymore and came here for his last pay day before he settles down for retirement.

I hope that was sarcastic but looking at your posts previous it probably wasn't.

The one thing Duff has been done since hes come to the club is try hard, he's just been lacking alot of confidence and fitness. I'm not sure he will turn it round though.

The one thing Duff has been done since hes come to the club is try hard, he's just been lacking alot of confidence and fitness. I'm not sure he will turn it round though.

Yea i agree with that, If he can find his old form then we'll have a top player.

Guest Stephen927

A big reason for Duff playing poorly for us is the lack of a true full back behind him, which forces him to take on his man on every time. He's never stopped trying since he got here tbh.

Agreed, add the fact we aren't half the passing side chelsea can be. I think with the likes of Dyer, emre, solano moving and creating space he'd shine. All just theories though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

he doesn't need 'passion for our club', he just needs passion for playing football well, which is either there or not there depending on who you speak to

Guest alexharrisonnufc

confidence would do him the whole world of good, one good game and surely more will follow

Erm.....and he's lacked any kind of illustration of real ability.

I don't think he's tried THAT hard, whrn he's been on the pitch. Strikes me as one of the players we've heard about who are just here for the payday.

A big reason for Duff playing poorly for us is the lack of a true full back behind him, which forces him to take on his man on every time. He's never stopped trying since he got here tbh.

Bingo.

Same with Owen, how do people come to the conclusion that these players have just come here for the big pay day and have lost interest in playing football? They have left clubs who no doubt have been paying them plenty of money already  TO GET regular football for fuck sake! If they wanted to just get paid and not bother about the playing side why would they leave their clubs? I suppose Owen left Madrid for the glorious Newcastle weather? Im sure Duff left Chelsea because they are a bit tight when it comes to wages? Jesus wept some people are stupid!

in fact, that's precisely why Parker, Duff and Owen joined us imo. they were earning big bucks at Chelsea and Madrid, sums that wouldn't or couldn't be matched by Spurs and Liverpool. tbh Spurs probably needed Duff more than we did, one would think the player and club would be a good match while we had more pressing needs than LW. yet Duff came to us so call me skeptical but it can't be for footballing reasons.

in fact, that's precisely why Parker, Duff and Owen joined us imo. they were earning big bucks at Chelsea and Madrid, sums that wouldn't or couldn't be matched by Spurs and Liverpool. tbh Spurs probably needed Duff more than we did, one would think the player and club would be a good match while we had more pressing needs than LW. yet Duff came to us so call me skeptical but it can't be for footballing reasons.

So why did he leave Chelsea genius?  I will accept the fact these players chose us because we were offering a better wage but the whole reason for them leaving their old clubs was to get more football so this whole "only here for the money, aren't bothered about playing" thing is a load of bollocks!

Guest Kenton Magpie

All this talk of duff being crap, well i don't reckon N'zogbia will do much better under the current managment

Guest smoggeordie

He never takes his man on. He always cuts inside.

So why did he leave Chelsea genius?  I will accept the fact these players chose us because we were offering a better wage but the whole reason for them leaving their old clubs was to get more football so this whole "only here for the money, aren't bothered about playing" thing is a load of bollocks!

Without basing this on anything other than speculation, but perhaps he was told he didn't have a future at Chelsea and his agent was instructed to find him a new club? The relatively low fee (for a seasoned international who cost Chelsea a fortune) seems to indicate this was a possibility...?