What do you anticipate for next season?

Guest the_guv_nor

Guest the_guv_nor

I know its early but as there isnt much to look forward to this season, what do you expect of next season?

New Manager?

New Players?

Top 6 finish?

I think if Owen can be the player that he has in the past, we strengthen our defenders, get a better attacking midfielder, another striker, a new coach, a new chairman, and we can avoid another injury crisis, we might just be able to finish in the top ten.

Guest the_guv_nor

I think if Owen can be the player that he has in the past, we strengthen our defenders, get a better attacking midfielder, another striker, a new coach, a new chairman, and we can avoid another injury crisis, we might just be able to finish in the top ten.

not asking for much then! :)

Guest NIToon

Newcastle taken over by Bill Gates who pours millions into a new squad

Stephen Carr wins pie eating contest against FFS

Doing the treble before going on to win CL the following year

.........Is it morning already mum??

Guest stormrider

Newcastle taken over by Bill Gates who pours millions into a new squad

Stephen Carr wins pie eating contest against FFS

Doing the treble before going on to win CL the following year

.........Is it morning already mum??

that's less likely than winning the treble.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Nothing really,the same as this season,with the diffrence being less fans backing that clueless cunt Roeder,and him to keep using the same fucked up "This is not my team" excuse,propbly going to get the sack in january or february..

What he said.

when the fuck has he ever said 'this is not my team'?

what utter bullshit

Nothing really,the same as this season,with the diffrence being less fans backing that clueless cunt Roeder,and him to keep using the same fucked up "This is not my team" excuse,propbly going to get the sack in january or february..

What he said.

when the fuck has he ever said 'this is not my team'?

what utter bullshit

"Ultimately you will be judged on what you bring in when people can say, `Glenn, that is your squad'. You cannot say that at the moment. Three signings is not my squad. If we can get another four or more, then half the squad will be mine."

Nothing really,the same as this season,with the diffrence being less fans backing that clueless c*** Roeder,and him to keep using the same f***** up "This is not my team" excuse,propbly going to get the sack in january or february..

What he said.

when the f*** has he ever said 'this is not my team'?

what utter bullshit

"Ultimately you will be judged on what you bring in when people can say, `Glenn, that is your squad'. You cannot say that at the moment. Three signings is not my squad. If we can get another four or more, then half the squad will be mine."

Expect Vic to point out he said squad and not team.

when did he say that then? and where?

"I am not yet working with my squad. I am working with other managers' squads.

Three players (his signings Duff, Martins and Sibierski) is not my squad."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=roeder--no-one-could-have-done-better-than-me-%26method=full%26objectid=18807154%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest smoggeordie

The usual shit. Hopes, rather than expectations. All firmly dashed by February. The not giving a shit till the August after.

Activity in the transfer window will be an improvement on the last two or three, as Shepherd will find some money. But though some problem positions will be addressed, it'll still look pretty inadequate, really, and there'll be loads more arguments on here about whether we were wiser to spend the money available on this position or that.

Michael Owen will play for us and have an OK but not awesome season. This will be spun as him needing to play in a better team to get back to his best, and we'll end up having to sell him to Liverpool at some atrocious loss in summer 2008.

Tension will continue to simmer between Shepherd and the Halls, and this is the biggie, for me, as I don't believe it can carry on for another year without something coming to a head. There are only three possible outcomes, as far as I can see. In order of likelihood:

1) Shepherd will buy out the Halls and NUFC will become a private family business. He'd have to borrow tens of millions to do it, and the club would then be saddled with paying it this back.

2) Belgravia will better Shepherd's offer and manage to take control of the club. After that, who knows? Best-case scenario is that they bring enough investment to improve the squad and enough sense to get a better quality manager. Worst-case? It'd be a bit like Shepherd without Shepherd – poor personnel decisions and not enough investment in the club to get out of the mire of mediocrity.

3) Some rearrangement of the major shareholdings that sees the exit of the Halls but the arrival of one or two other big shareholders. I think this is unlikely – who'd want to get into bed with Shepherd?

who'd want to get into bed with Shepherd?

NE5. :downtown:

still carrying on your obsession I see

I am pleased that my posts have such an impact on you  mackems.gif